Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Post Reply
User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by legal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:53 am

I made a video to help fellow Youtuber Lazorix with his base, which Was in need of some serious Help
youtu.be/bWouvLqRUPgPlease If you see something I missed leave a comment in this tread for other ways he could help improve his base. After all he is our Role model.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

User avatar
Albus Belmont
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by Albus Belmont » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:26 am

Thanks man for all your effort in helping the community. We really appreciate what you do! :)
Castlevania Fan + Dark Souls Fan = Certified Masochist :lol:

IGN:Albus_Belmont
REP:700+
Location:NYC


For those who I hacked thanks for the donation I'll put it to good use ;)

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by legal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:28 am

Albus Belmont wrote:Thanks man for all your effort in helping the community. We really appreciate what you do! :)
Thank you
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Hackercritic
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by Hackercritic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:25 am

1) i see a problem, if you go from net connection to library to scanner to core to code gate, the b-coin storage and database would be 10 nodes away, so it would not be possible. At best i would link the scanner straight to code gate and link the core at the side.
2) It is a screenshot after all, he was probably saving up gold to upgrade stuff, 400000 is clearly not enough to level up the sentries, give him a break haha.
3) Totally agree with you on the win loss thing XD

User avatar
Fluffington
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:16 am
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by Fluffington » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:34 am

In this WoT, I’ll be addressing Legal’s most recent video titled “Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi”.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWouvLqRUPg

Let’s make the Hackers community a better place. That’s what we all want right? We want people to share ideas, come up with new hacking strategies and make successful defences. Lazorix is probably the most viewed YouTuber when it comes to Hackers. Everyone makes mistakes and when you are in the spotlight like Lazorix, people like Legal and Roshi, will see them. But the way you address these problems is not by firing harsh arrogant “advice” back at them. That’s not how we are going to achieve our goal of making the Hackers community a friendly and supportive community.

Firstly, even in the title, you are calling the YouTuber in the spotlight a newb. Not only is that extremely arrogant and smug, it’s extremely ironic too. You literally have a level 17 in the background trying to critic Lazorix’s network. I don’t know about you, but in my world 17 < 29. The fact that you are saying “he could probably rip your network apart,”(13:12) is a huge misjudgement. The pure level difference is what is ironic here. Then you, Legal, you go on boasting that you could “walk through this base like it’s nothing.”(11:21) Well of course! You’re level 38 and almost core 11. Of course you could smash through his base. Again, you go off in your fancy bragging world saying that by “just making these changes I said will change the way people will approach his[Lazorix’s] base.”(10:37) The key word there is “I”. By saying this, you are saying that you are too good compared Lazorix and everyone should look up to you – not Lazorix because he’s completely trash. Can you not see this because of your ego is obscuring your view? The amount of bragging and trash talking in this video is not going to do any good to Lazorix, let alone our community.

Secondly, I think you have a lot of disrespect for the amount of time and effort Lazorix has put into his videos and you do not have the right to shut him down like that with a trash talk video. He has uploaded his 40th episode on hackers and his videos are entertaining to some extent, clear, and has decent editing. When paired with your arrogance and trash talk, your video is quite disrespectful to someone who puts the time into his videos. Like what is this? Image You want to critic someone about their base? At least make a decent presentation doing so. Right now, Lazorix puts in the time and effort to make these videos to entertain us, and I don’t understand why you have the right to shut him down like that with minimal effort. And just because you are higher level than him, doesn’t mean you can look down on him like that – because that’s what I’m getting from your video. You put yourself so high up and taunt Lazorix for not being as experienced as you. You even said so in the PM you sent me (Fluffington), “He[Lazorix] started 2 weeks before me, and I[Legal] am so far ahead of him it is not funny. Why because I study this game,” It doesn’t matter if you are Gream, the “best player in the game”. If you aren’t being respectful for other people’s efforts, you don't belong in this community.

Thirdly, this is not the right way to raise and grow a community. I understand that there may be issues with Lazorix’s base and that you are trying to help him. But the fact is, this is just trash talking him and saying that he’s a bad player – or a newb in your language. I and a few others really do believe that this isn’t the correct way to address someone’s network issues. You cannot critic someone by literally calling them a bad representation of the community. "You're representing my community."(15:46) If I didn't know any better, this sounds less like constructive advice and more like a verbal attack on the base. The attitude that you give back to the community is seriously hurting us and we cannot continue like this. Just over a minute into the video you claim that the base is “too newbish,”(1:18) and even in the title “Newb Youtuber Lazorix”. Critiquing and analysing other people’s bases is not a bad thing to do. But to insult them in the process is a whole different story.

Lastly, you may think that you are one of the better players in the community, but a few of us could immediately spot out mistakes in your scribbles of red.
1. You want to link his core into his code gate? (5:40) What the heck? Do you not realise that the core has 5 program slots? That can easily overwhelm a code gate. A code gate should be linked up to something with only 3 program slots so it doesn’t get taken down so fast.
2. His building threads. (11:40) He’s not using them because he doesn’t have enough money to upgrade! To upgrade his back sentry (12:45), (which I assume is level 8 but I can’t tell because of the bad quality video) he needs $900k money (not gold credits 6:08). At the top, that’s where you can see how much money he has. It says 496 701. Can you see that? That’s not even close to $900k.
3. His guardian is level 1 because it’s a choke point (12:18)! Can you not see the 5 defences surrounding it? You spend about 3-5 minutes talking about choke points, and yet you still fail to see that the guardian is being used as a choke point. How ironic is that?

In conclusion, we should not be doing this to one another as a community. Actions like this will tear us apart (and trigger me). Your arrogance and ironic messages make no sense. The amount of disrespect for someone like Lazorix, who puts the time and effort into his videos, is disgusting. I’m absolutely certain that others would agree with me on this on how critiquing people by trash talking them is not how you grow a community.

TL;DR: This is NOT how we criticise one another. This is NOT how we grow a community. I'm not saying criticising is bad, I'm saying this is not the right attitude when criticising. Focus on his game mistakes, not his mistakes as a person
Image
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)
Country: Australia

User avatar
theintelligentboy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by theintelligentboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:11 pm

[quote="Fluffington"][/quote]

Thanks for our voices with explanation..You're good hacker, but you shouldn't be a braggart, right? :)
Image

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by legal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Fluffington wrote:In this WoT, I’ll be addressing Legal’s most recent video titled “Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi”.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWouvLqRUPg

Let’s make the Hackers community a better place. That’s what we all want right? We want people to share ideas, come up with new hacking strategies and make successful defences. Lazorix is probably the most viewed YouTuber when it comes to Hackers. Everyone makes mistakes and when you are in the spotlight like Lazorix, people like Legal and Roshi, will see them. But the way you address these problems is not by firing harsh arrogant “advice” back at them. That’s not how we are going to achieve our goal of making the Hackers community a friendly and supportive community.

Firstly, even in the title, you are calling the YouTuber in the spotlight a newb. Not only is that extremely arrogant and smug, it’s extremely ironic too. You literally have a level 17 in the background trying to critic Lazorix’s network. I don’t know about you, but in my world 17 < 29. The fact that you are saying “he could probably rip your network apart,”(13:12) is a huge misjudgement. The pure level difference is what is ironic here. Then you, Legal, you go on boasting that you could “walk through this base like it’s nothing.”(11:21) Well of course! You’re level 38 and almost core 11. Of course you could smash through his base. Again, you go off in your fancy bragging world saying that by “just making these changes I said will change the way people will approach his[Lazorix’s] base.”(10:37) The key word there is “I”. By saying this, you are saying that you are too good compared Lazorix and everyone should look up to you – not Lazorix because he’s completely trash. Can you not see this because of your ego is obscuring your view? The amount of bragging and trash talking in this video is not going to do any good to Lazorix, let alone our community.

Secondly, I think you have a lot of disrespect for the amount of time and effort Lazorix has put into his videos and you do not have the right to shut him down like that with a trash talk video. He has uploaded his 40th episode on hackers and his videos are entertaining to some extent, clear, and has decent editing. When paired with your arrogance and trash talk, your video is quite disrespectful to someone who puts the time into his videos. Like what is this? Image You want to critic someone about their base? At least make a decent presentation doing so. Right now, Lazorix puts in the time and effort to make these videos to entertain us, and I don’t understand why you have the right to shut him down like that with minimal effort. And just because you are higher level than him, doesn’t mean you can look down on him like that – because that’s what I’m getting from your video. You put yourself so high up and taunt Lazorix for not being as experienced as you. You even said so in the PM you sent me (Fluffington), “He[Lazorix] started 2 weeks before me, and I[Legal] am so far ahead of him it is not funny. Why because I study this game,” It doesn’t matter if you are Gream, the “best player in the game”. If you aren’t being respectful for other people’s efforts, you don't belong in this community.

Thirdly, this is not the right way to raise and grow a community. I understand that there may be issues with Lazorix’s base and that you are trying to help him. But the fact is, this is just trash talking him and saying that he’s a bad player – or a newb in your language. I and a few others really do believe that this isn’t the correct way to address someone’s network issues. You cannot critic someone by literally calling them a bad representation of the community. "You're representing my community."(15:46) If I didn't know any better, this sounds less like constructive advice and more like a verbal attack on the base. The attitude that you give back to the community is seriously hurting us and we cannot continue like this. Just over a minute into the video you claim that the base is “too newbish,”(1:18) and even in the title “Newb Youtuber Lazorix”. Critiquing and analyzing other people’s bases is not a bad thing to do. But to insult them in the process is a whole different story.

Lastly, you may think that you are one of the better players in the community, but a few of us could immediately spot out mistakes in your scribbles of red.
1. You want to link his core into his code gate? (5:40) What the heck? Do you not realise that the core has 5 program slots? That can easily overwhelm a code gate. A code gate should be linked up to something with only 3 program slots so it doesn’t get taken down so fast.
2. His building threads. (11:40) He’s not using them because he doesn’t have enough money to upgrade! To upgrade his back sentry (12:45), (which I assume is level 8 but I can’t tell because of the bad quality video) he needs $900k money (not gold credits 6:08). At the top, that’s where you can see how much money he has. It says 496 701. Can you see that? That’s not even close to $900k.
3. His guardian is level 1 because it’s a choke point (12:18)! Can you not see the 5 defences surrounding it? You spend about 3-5 minutes talking about choke points, and yet you still fail to see that the guardian is being used as a choke point. How ironic is that?

In conclusion, we should not be doing this to one another as a community. Actions like this will tear us apart (and trigger me). Your arrogance and ironic messages make no sense. The amount of disrespect for someone like Lazorix, who puts the time and effort into his videos, is disgusting. I’m absolutely certain that others would agree with me on this on how critiquing people by trash talking them is not how you grow a community.

TL;DR: This is NOT how we criticise one another. This is NOT how we grow a community. I'm not saying criticizing is bad, I'm saying this is not the right attitude when criticizing. Focus on his game mistakes, not his mistakes as a person

first off he is barely activity in the community. Spending 10 seconds on hitting a record button then playing the game then hitting stop a few times, while playing the game,and attacking people, then he tosses them into an edit programing cuts off a portions of the attack then doing a voice over takes him at most an hour,seriously at most. The same amount of time I put into this video. That is not a lot of effort. Second he is active on his channel and comes on discord once a day for 5 minutes and then you never see him.That is being overly generous as I have only seen him make a few post as I have discord on all the time. I do not consider him part of this community. He is not active, he does not help others, all he does is films his attacks and some upgrades. yet you claim he puts so much effort in. You clearly have never made many videos on youtube.

As for my mistakes I will own up to them. I am not perfect. In fact I will actually learn from them and actually give credit where it is due. That is why I asked for comments if anyone sees a better way to fix his network. which if you read some people where glad to help out with some suggestions.

As for this response I noticed you did some editing and took out your insults and cussing and your treats to me, that you sent to me on discord. You also added a few things. You demand I respect him he is part of this community I am part on the youtube community as well as this community, which he is way way way more active on youtube that he is in this community. You need to realize He is not really part of the community on this game. He does not post on the forum and he is barely active on discord. He comes on 5 minutes before he uploads then says a couple sentences and then you do not here from him again til next day. Tell me I am wrong Please, then prove me wrong. I have been in that discord since the 9th honestly only seen him talk 3 times. So I go by the rules my community on youtube has set when filming that video. Which is he made a video which made him fair game to make a video about. That is it. You say you want me to respect him because he hit's a few buttons to record and slaps those into an editor then makes a quick voice over which he does no research for his video's. Then he uploads video up on youtube. Well on youtube that is not important when the content is flawed over and over again and shows no signs of improvement. Frankly he shows no signs of improving. He shows no signs of respect for the community, Actually I would say his lack of communication out side of his video is actually a sign that he is using this community to grow his channel, and that is hurting our community, Why because I see many copies of his base floating around the game. I see many people daily on discord that come on and find out they have been playing the game wrong from watching his video. I honestly got tired of fixing them over and over again. If you think that helping someone improve hurts the community then you sir do not care about this community, nor do you care about the youtube community. If you value our community so much why have you not reached out and help him fix his base. You are sitting on this throne making claims that helping someone is a bad thing, because you do not like how I went about it. While you sit there and do nothing. Instead you you fan boy over him, threaten me, and write me long letters to me because you know they will not have an effect on him..

This all comes down to you just fan boying and honestly I have spent to much time on this response, because you will just ignore it. Since That is what you did on discord. You blocked me for responding to you on discord, all because I will not do as you want and bend to your will. this is my only means to respond to you. Grow up, and let him fight his own battles he is a big boy and he really does not want to be part of this community he is only trying to grow his youtube channel, when the next game he likes comes out you will never hear from him again, on this forum or on discord. That much is clear from his very limited interactions on discord, on this forum, and he shows the sam amount of interaction on his video's/ Heck you can look at his channel and see he does not ant to interact with his viewers, he hardly comments on his own video's. You said you think he really cares about this community. He only cares about the numbers on youtube, not what happens in our community. Which is why you are here fighting his battle and he is not. He gets respect when he earns it on youtube. That is it, and your threats to me and insults to me will not effect my channel on youtube. If you actually cared for the community you should be trying to help him, instead you are here insulting and writing long letters to the only person that has told him time yet again what he is doing wrong, he ignored me in responses on his channel so I made a video hoping he would hear it. So your opinion on it means nothing and you trying to silence me because you do not like how I went about getting his attention is just childish. stop throwing a tantrum and let him deal with and lets see if he actually improves before you come on here with your jesus complex thinking telling someone to improve and actually giving suggestions constitutes hurting the community. and lets see if he really cares about the community. Also insults are the corner stone for youtube, it incites people so they will make a response. clearly it worked because look at your ten mile long response to me. Which at least this time you took out the threats and insults to me before posting here. after all how would it look that you insulted me and threaten me, saying that is not showing respect for the community. Oh that only matters in the public eye, not in private messages I suppose. Yeha some double standards on your side of the fence I see.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

User avatar
Trickster
Site Admin
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by Trickster » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:30 pm

:arrow: This thread is more emotional and personal than it should be. You can state your opinion, but do not insult others. It is fine to disagree with Lazorix, but the crusade you are on legal is unnecessarily over the top.

To all: Treat others with respect even if they have different opinion and avoid personal insults.

User avatar
Fluffington
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:16 am
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by Fluffington » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Trickster wrote:To all: Treat others with respect even if they have different opinion and avoid personal insults.
Thank you
Image
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)
Country: Australia

User avatar
SniperK
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:56 am

Re: Hackers Ep3 Network help for Newb Youtuber Lazorix intruducing Roshi

Post by SniperK » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:16 am

Why am I not surprised?
This guy once called me a newb and criticized me for making a "poorly designed base" and told me to go learn some math.
When I first got to this forum he also blamed me over and over for making a typo (more instead of nore)
You may be good at the game (Im not sure but possible) but youre not good at communication and respecting people.
You wanna build your own community fine by me but youre not doing it by trying to destroy an existing one.
Just dont be a outsider learn to appreciate people even if they are different than you.
This aint highschool but come on
:shock: Sorry if I've hacked you :shock: Wait no I'm not sorry at all 8-) You can hack me back

Post Reply