Accidentally merged accounts--need help please

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Battlesh0rts

Accidentally merged accounts--need help please

Post by Battlesh0rts » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:40 pm

So after liking this game I created a second account on a separate Google account. Now I find that somehow both of my Google accounts are linked to the same game account, and my other game account disappeared.

Can I unmerge the accounts? Or would I need to start another new game with a new Google account? In that case, how do I prevent all three accounts from getting merged again?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Luminaar

Re: Accidentally merged accounts--need help please

Post by Luminaar » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 pm

I'm not 100% sure as to what transpired exactly, but there's no ability to merge accounts! As such, it's not possible to perform an unmerge. :D Each network can only be successfully connected to a single Google Play ID, and attempting to connect a Google Play ID to a network that is already "in use" will result in an error.

Given the info provided, it's possible that both networks still exist, and you may be able to switch to your previous network by clearing the Hackers app cache, and logging in with your original Google Play details.

The Hackers app can only support a single network per device, although info can be cleared from your device if you wish to switch networks. If you're looking to start another new game with a new Google account, clear your Hackers app cache from your device, and disable automatic sign in from the Play Games menu.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.