Desperate Need for Connection Stability

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
CerberusArc

Desperate Need for Connection Stability

Post by CerberusArc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:57 pm

I've been encountering some problems with the game's connection lately that I think needs to be addressed.

Obviously, the game has some connectivity issues. I am often booted for a second for no reason and the game reloads. However, this is true of many games, so I will put that aside.

My bigger problem is the game's overall stability during a hack. It seems that is unbelievably easy for the game to "stop" during a hack if anything happens to the phone or the game during the progress of hack. For example, I got a call when I was in teh middle of a hack. I didn't answer the call, but the hack still failed even though I went back to the game well before the timer would have expired.

The game should not just close down immediately in the middle of a hack when something happens on the phone. It shouldn't even stop the hack when disconnected. Most my disconnects last less than 3 seconds and then I'm back in the game. I should be able to immediately resume the hack. Once that damn hack timer starts, my game state should be frozen in time until it ends. I should be abled to be dc'ed, get calls, or close the whole game for any reason, and then if I open the game again it immediately jumps back to the hack so long as there would be time left.

It is insanely irritating to have the game disrupted for less than 5 seconds and have that reset the whole damn thing in the middle of a hack.

Barons

Re: Desperate Need for Connection Stability

Post by Barons » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Not to take away from your suggestions because more network stability is always a plus. I personally haven't had any issues at all losing connection. I'm not sure if we are on different servers or not but I'd suggest getting a new WiFi router if you have a good Internet provider.

Id be willing to bet you are using an old router or one of those cheapo ones the Internet company provides. If I'm wrong my bad, but you can pick up a netgear from wall mart for under a $200 and return it if it doesn't fix the issue.

Please feel free to send me a $5 android gift card if it's the router as thanks for me saving you months of headache. =D

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Yeah, I started having irregular connection issues like 3 days ago.
My guess is the game is rising in popularity and the server can't keep up. Hopefully Trickster addresses this soon.

Albus Belmont

Post by Albus Belmont » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Barons wrote:Not to take away from your suggestions because more network stability is always a plus. I personally haven't had any issues at all losing connection. I'm not sure if we are on different servers or not but I'd suggest getting a new WiFi router if you have a good Internet provider.

Id be willing to bet you are using an old router or one of those cheapo ones the Internet company provides. If I'm wrong my bad, but you can pick up a netgear from wall mart for under a $200 and return it if it doesn't fix the issue.

Please feel free to send me a $5 android gift card if it's the router as thanks for me saving you months of headache. =D
This Guy... :roll: :lol:
I'll Give a Model lager for your troubles mate. ;)

On topic I'm also having connection issues I'm in a middle of a hack or in the world map collecting credits and I lose connection, I reconnect to find credits didn't register and I have to recollect them just for it to drop again and have to repeat the same thing 7-10 for it to stabilize(using home WiFi with my own modem)
Castlevania Fan + Dark Souls Fan = Certified Masochist :lol:

IGN:Albus_Belmont
REP:700+

For those who I hacked thanks for the donation I'll put it to good use ;)

IanBlank

Post by IanBlank » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:15 pm

There was a lot of connection problems for me since I started playing but lately there hasn't been too many problems. They must be working to correct the issue.
-IanBlank

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:39 pm

Yopee wrote:My guess is the game is rising in popularity and the server can't keep up. Hopefully Trickster addresses this soon.
Servers are fine, we use scaleable service. I think its rather problems with latency between our serves in europe and with not so reliable providers. We will see what we can do with that, but is not a simple fix.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Actually, the connection problems went away completely today. I'm from Canada btw if that helps.