I'm almost tempted to waste 2500 credits on gold nodes.

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
legal

Re: I'm almost tempted to waste 2500 credits on gold nodes.

Post by legal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:06 pm

Vnasty wrote:
legal wrote:
Vnasty wrote:Gold nodes are reserved for ballers.

" I could buy a lambo but my Honda civic gets better gas mileage"

Lol naw bruh naw, itt nothing but window shoppers
Thats the difference from old money and new money, old money will use their money to grow. new money will be broke trying to buy all the shiny things in the world. As warren buffet says If your investment has a bigger payout in the long run, then skip the short term. A color change for 20 bucks does nothing. Also he does not own a "lambo". Actually he drives a Cadillac which is much much cheaper than a "lambo". But let me guess the second richest man in the world isn't "baller" enough for you. There is no return on a gold node other than it is gold and looks like crap. Since when is a color the same thing as a "Lambo", it is not. Its just one line of code that they sell to dumb people who think they will look cool and all it makes those that buy is look ignorant in my eyes. I also see future bankruptcy in their future.
Lol @ all the serious investment bankers in this thread over a $20 cosmetic purchase. Brb buying gold nodes with lily to keep haters hating. I don't get out of bed for less than $20 an hour, schwoop
Funny I wont touch my keyboard for less than 140 bucks an hour. But that is the difference between me and you I guess.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Silken wrote:I believe it turns the world map gold as well.
It does not :) Some skins change the globe color, but not the gold nodes.

Lily

Post by Lily » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 am

Trickster wrote:
Silken wrote:I believe it turns the world map gold as well.
It does not :) Some skins change the globe color, but not the gold nodes.
Would it be too much to ask for said globe color change, given its cost?

Level: 26
Reputation (prior to intentional dropping): 598
Current Reputation: 481
[ Last updated: 11/09/2016 - 09:04 PM (KST) ]

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:19 am

Lily wrote:Would it be too much to ask for said globe color change, given its cost?
Globe color is related to skin, some skins change it - like 3D Chip. The globe is quite large part of the screen, gold would simply not look good in context of some skins.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:49 am

Trickster wrote:
Lily wrote:Would it be too much to ask for said globe color change, given its cost?
Globe color is related to skin, some skins change it - like 3D Chip. The globe is quite large part of the screen, gold would simply not look good in context of some skins.
Interested in some themes that don't require rep. If this is cosmetic you can add later down the road. Also if you gain a certain rep and buy a theme, then drop rep do you lose the ability to have said theme stay on your network? Right now other than gold nodes there are no cosmetic purchases available for someone that didn't ladder climb.

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:52 am

Vnasty wrote:
Trickster wrote:
Interested in some themes that don't require rep. If this is cosmetic you can add later down the road. Also if you gain a certain rep and buy a theme, then drop rep do you lose the ability to have said theme stay on your network? Right now other than gold nodes there are no cosmetic purchases available for someone that didn't ladder climb.
No you don't lose it. I unlocked the 3D chip one, which I think was 750 reputation, before I dropped rep to farm and I still have it unlocked.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o