Hackers can hack u all the time

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
goodking

Hackers can hack u all the time

Post by goodking » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:17 am

:( No matter how good your def,a bunch of high level hackers with their super strong programs.And raid all gold from my storages, all the time,making u hard to gain high a-
mount of resources for your desired upgarde.
Escpially you cannot gain it in one day. If u have 120 000 gold avabile for raid,they must raid em all.
I cannot think for any well solution other than better def.
Apply shield will not work due to the amount of players. Just 1 million.

goodking

Re: Hackers can hack u all the time

Post by goodking » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:17 am

I am not free all the time

Bumbledolt

Post by Bumbledolt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:36 am

goodking wrote:I am not free all the time
Thats what the game is for you should be prepared to be hacked all the time.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

Silken

Post by Silken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:10 am

Actually, for me, this is still the largest issue with the game. Which I tried to explain in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=265 - and by the number of posts we see time and time again it continues to be a real issue.

There are a number of factors/contributors, which I'll bullet point and explain:
- Bottle neck at Core 7 or level 20-28
- Kraken available too early/too powerful at level 1
- Reputation to easy to get. Mainly due to Kraken and placement of core.

The problems start when you get to Core 7 - Level 20ish. Upgrades start to cost 1 million - 2 million and unless you spend 3 hours in the game, at any one time, it's impossible to progress. Any resources you try and save will get farmed. People, who can spend time online for long periods, get passed this to level 29 plus and get ahead of the curve. Then the game is easy. I have my builder set so that one node releases each day and I can farm 2.5 million easy, well within 3 hrs. In fact probably an hour and continue to improve my base by a node a day. But that only happened once I got passed level 28. Before that I had to play for hours and hours straight.

With Kraken, Stealth and even brute force being so strong, you haven't got a hope in hell of defending a base until you get to Core 8, Scanner 8, Core Gates 8, General Defences 8. Then, whilst people can still get through, you are somewhat protected.

Then, you have the issue with reputation and I don't just mean with people lowering their reputation to farm. The main problem is that because Kraken is so powerful, a lot of people leave their core by a net connection. This means that low levels farm reputation get into the top 250 and think they are great at the game. Then complain that the search only brings people 10 levels higher and that the search function is broken.

It's not the search function, it's the fact that reputation, as it currently stands, is broken beyond being funny. I lose 600 gold and 19 b-coin for losing my core. Yet people think it's the main goal of the game. It should be, but as it stands I see people spend 300+ b-coin to Kraken my core for 19 b-coin reward. Huh? What?

The amount of people who hack my base, purely for the core is staggering. 9/10 just take my core. That mean 90% of the user base is playing the game wrong and don't understand the game as it currently stands. Sorry but that's not a good thing. People can laugh, but in the long run 90% of the player base will just quit.

Reputation needs to be rewarded. In terms of daily or weekly rewards for ranking. Krakens power, at low level, needs to be scaled back. Core take-overs need more reward. The game needs clear goals, not just base improvement.
Last edited by Silken on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Torrentula

Post by Torrentula » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:05 pm

In a game where you can pay for energy or troops (almost every amdroid game these days) you can't complain. Its expected. Endgame favors those with credits and you become fresh meat for them to toy with. That's why I don't pay for games where you can buy resources and troops. These games trivialize hard work. I am sticking with the 0 rep crowd to farm. Does this still occure in that range?

Silken

Post by Silken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Torrentula wrote:In a game where you can pay for energy or troops (almost every amdroid game these days) you can't complain. Its expected. Endgame favors those with credits and you become fresh meat for them to toy with. That's why I don't pay for games where you can buy resources and troops. These games trivialize hard work. I am sticking with the 0 rep crowd to farm. Does this still occure in that range?
Sorry but I'm not sure if you understand my points.
1. I'm not complaining.
2. I don't use credits to any degree.
3. I'm talking about game retention.

The game has 1,000,000 downloads. If the developers look at when accounts become inactive I would put money on there being two peaks.

The first being after 1 or 2 days where people decide the game isn't for them, the second at around level 20 when people give up, mainly because they play the game wrong. And they play the game wrong mainly because of how reputation currently works.

The first point I'm sure the developers knew would happen and improvements and new features will come and improve this retention. The second was probably not expected and my points above hopefully explains why.

Farming at rank zero is only profitable because of inactive accounts. And at what level are they inactive. Yep level 20 when the issues arrive.

It means that only about 10% (i made this number up) continue to play. No idea if the developers are happy with that number or not. If they are cool. If not I've tried to give them the reasons, as a player, for the retention being low. If it is at all.
Silken
Level - 54

CerberusArc

Post by CerberusArc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Silken wrote:Actually, for me, this is still the largest issue with the game. Which I tried to explain in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=265 - and by the number of posts we see time and time again it continues to be a real issue.

There are a number of factors/contributors, which I'll bullet point and explain:

The problems start when you get to Core 7 - Level 20ish. Upgrades start to cost 1 million - 2 million and unless you spend 3 hours in the game, at any one time, it's impossible to progress. Any resources you try and save will get farmed. People, who can spend time online for long periods, get passed this to level 29 plus and get ahead of the curve. Then the game is easy. I have my builder set so that one node releases each day and I can farm 2.5 million easy, well within 3 hrs. In fact probably an hour and continue to improve my base by a node a day. But that only happened once I got passed level 28. Before that I had to play for hours and hours straight.

With Kraken, Stealth and even brute force being so strong, you haven't got a hope in hell of defending a base until you get to Core 8, Scanner 8, Core Gates 8, General Defences 8. Then, whilst people can still get through, you are somewhat protected.

Then, you have the issue with reputation and I don't just mean with people lowering their reputation to farm. The main problem is that because Kraken is so powerful, a lot of people leave their core by a net connection. This means that low levels farm reputation get into the top 250 and think they are great at the game. Then complain that the search only brings people 10 levels higher and that the search function is broken.

It's not the search function, it's the fact that reputation, as it currently stands, is broken beyond being funny. I lose 600 gold and 19 b-coin for losing my core. Yet people think it's the main goal of the game. It should be, but as it stands I see people spend 300+ b-coin to Kraken my core for 19 b-coin reward. Huh? What?

The amount of people who hack my base, purely for the core is staggering. 9/10 just take my core. That mean 90% of the user base is playing the game wrong and don't understand the game as it currently stands. Sorry but that's not a good thing. People can laugh, but in the long run 90% of the player base will just quit.

Reputation needs to be rewarded. In terms of daily or weekly rewards for ranking. Krakens power, at low level, needs to be scaled back. Core take-overs need more reward. The game needs clear goals, not just base improvement.
Absolutely, positively spot on. I really hope the devs are listening to this.

I managed to push to core 8, but I don't know how I will get any higher. The caveat to this is that I "could" get higher if I used credits to speed maybe 25-30 hacks in a row. As it stands it is impossible to retain resources needed with the hack times being what they are. At 9-12 credits per hack to speed I would be spending about 300 credits on program speed up (essentially troop buying) just to advance past mid-game. I don't know if this was the developer's money-making intention or not (I greatly hope it was not because that's a game killer right there) but it does need to be fixed.

1. Fix reputation so it provides reward and does not screw with the search results as much.
2. Create some system to protect enough resources to advance without paying so much.
Lots of games do this by:
a)shields or a similar way to avoid being hacked repeatedly
b) ways to stockpile "troops" or programs so that 10-15 hacks could be performed in a row before retraining. I mean seriously, most games have either unlimited troop stockpiles or at least stockpiles of offensive power that are very very high. Hackers does not have this and it gets very frustrating to play for 5 minutes and then wait 20 minutes and realize that if you leave the game for 20 minutes, 2 hours of work could easily be undone. (I don't personally think lower compile times are not the answer, simply allow more to be stocked. There would still be incentive to spend credits sometimes but it would fix the problem.)
c) Alternative resource gathering option. Lots of games have alternative resource gathering options such as harvesting resource nodes. Of course, that would need to look different to fit into Hackers. I like the originality of the game, but some features just need to be there. Hacking players as the primary method of resource gain doesn't work when you have this current system.

Big # 3: I have come to understand that the primary means of monetizing this game was to pretty much force players to pay for compile times. It's not outrageously expensive to do so, but it does add up. I understand that fixing this "issue" could be seen as a way of demonetizing the game. I wouldn't expect any company to change a game in such a way that it makes less money than it could, but I ask the devs to consider this. As Silk has said, people will leave the game if they get to frustrated. There is a fine line between paying to advance, waiting around to collect free credits (and thus becoming bored anyway) and just quitting.

So the obvious solution is to fix the problem of constantly "needing" to compile and replace it with an incentive speed training for optional things like tournaments or events.

The crux of it is this: A player who feels they must "pay to advance" will likely quit. By contrast a player who feels they have the option to pay to win a tournament might. And even if they don't, they won't quit. All these games need a player base that breaks down about like this: 95 percent either don't pay at all or pay $5.00 or less. About 4 percent pay $20-$50. The top 1 percent pay over $100 and usually much, much more (its always the top 1 percent :lol: ) Anyway, the game should aim to break down the player base about like this. Keeping in mind that there is that special word RETENTION at all 3 levels of expense, especially the bottom level. The current system won't do that. It needs to be changed.

legal

Post by legal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

CerberusArc wrote:
Silken wrote:Actually, for me, this is still the largest issue with the game. Which I tried to explain in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=265 - and by the number of posts we see time and time again it continues to be a real issue.

Absolutely, positively spot on. I really hope the devs are listening to this.

I managed to push to core 8, but I don't know how I will get any higher. The caveat to this is that I "could" get higher if I used credits to speed maybe 25-30 hacks in a row. As it stands it is impossible to retain resources needed with the hack times being what they are. At 9-12 credits per hack to speed I would be spending about 300 credits on program speed up (essentially troop buying) just to advance past mid-game. I don't know if this was the developer's money-making intention or not (I greatly hope it was not because that's a game killer right there) but it does need to be fixed.

1. Fix reputation so it provides reward and does not screw with the search results as much.
2. Create some system to protect enough resources to advance without paying so much.
Lots of games do this by:
a)shields or a similar way to avoid being hacked repeatedly
b) ways to stockpile "troops" or programs so that 10-15 hacks could be performed in a row before retraining. I mean seriously, most games have either unlimited troop stockpiles or at least stockpiles of offensive power that are very very high. Hackers does not have this and it gets very frustrating to play for 5 minutes and then wait 20 minutes and realize that if you leave the game for 20 minutes, 2 hours of work could easily be undone. (I don't personally think lower compile times are not the answer, simply allow more to be stocked. There would still be incentive to spend credits sometimes but it would fix the problem.)
c) Alternative resource gathering option. Lots of games have alternative resource gathering options such as harvesting resource nodes. Of course, that would need to look different to fit into Hackers. I like the originality of the game, but some features just need to be there. Hacking players as the primary method of resource gain doesn't work when you have this current system.

Big # 3: I have come to understand that the primary means of monetizing this game was to pretty much force players to pay for compile times. It's not outrageously expensive to do so, but it does add up. I understand that fixing this "issue" could be seen as a way of demonetizing the game. I wouldn't expect any company to change a game in such a way that it makes less money than it could, but I ask the devs to consider this. As Silk has said, people will leave the game if they get to frustrated. There is a fine line between paying to advance, waiting around to collect free credits (and thus becoming bored anyway) and just quitting.

So the obvious solution is to fix the problem of constantly "needing" to compile and replace it with an incentive speed training for optional things like tournaments or events.

The crux of it is this: A player who feels they must "pay to advance" will likely quit. By contrast a player who feels they have the option to pay to win a tournament might. And even if they don't, they won't quit. All these games need a player base that breaks down about like this: 95 percent either don't pay at all or pay $5.00 or less. About 4 percent pay $20-$50. The top 1 percent pay over $100 and usually much, much more (its always the top 1 percent :lol: ) Anyway, the game should aim to break down the player base about like this. Keeping in mind that there is that special word RETENTION at all 3 levels of expense, especially the bottom level. The current system won't do that. It needs to be changed.
cool I am in the top 1% cool
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Silken

Post by Silken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:58 pm

CerberusArc wrote:I managed to push to core 8, but I don't know how I will get any higher. The caveat to this is that I "could" get higher if I used credits to speed maybe 25-30 hacks in a row. As it stands it is impossible to retain resources needed with the hack times being what they are. At 9-12 credits per hack to speed I would be spending about 300 credits on program speed up (essentially troop buying) just to advance past mid-game. I don't know if this was the developer's money-making intention or not (I greatly hope it was not because that's a game killer right there) but it does need to be fixed.
To be fair I don't think this has anything to do with money and the nudge to use credits, which is why I didn't mention it. I'm not new to these games and the pressure to pay for time is always there. But in this case I think it's just a case of under-estimating the affect of people placing their core next to net connections. It completely wrecks the reputation table, with inturn then wrecks searches.

I would also point out. Whales normally spend a shit ton of money and get to the top of reputation. But in this game the top people are still the alpha testers.

Even people who spend money and there are some, because I've seen bases jump rapidly. Even those are farming the low levels because it's so profitable. You know something is wrong when people who pay money don't care about reputation. It's just the poor saps that think they are playing the game correctly by attacking cores.
Silken
Level - 54

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:21 pm

So many tears. Games fine. All I see are complaints by people that EXPECT to reach end game. Sorry you can't log In one hour a day and win. If you can't afford credits or to spend few hours in a stretch to climb then your not gonna make it. Ive been playing barely two months and I feel like im more than half way through the game, core 10 and lvl 18 mines. By the first of the year I should have max everything, so then what? Rep climb?? Sure why not. This game needs longevity. Or all of you will hit cap and quit. I think trickster and devs are doing great. It's only a small handful players that have this problem. You notice its the same posters or new players that haven't played much or don't understand. You all want hand outs and ez mode. This app is FREE to play. You can hit end game without spending a dime. Fkkkkk sick of the crying.

My 2 bit coins