Core 9 Being built current network Advice

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
90skushkid

Re: Core 9 Being built current network Advice

Post by 90skushkid » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:08 pm

VLarian wrote:
90skushkid wrote:
legal wrote: Actually I was thinking that when I get too 9 with my core I would add another scanner and up grade that one and put it where the black ice is.
im 12 lvls lower than you but what I do like as a strategy is having a black ice single attatched to another black ice that is attached to a code gate. so that lower bottom code gate you have attathed to your only black ice I would add another black ice to that black ice. to make room for the node attatchment for your original black ice I would take a the middle turret node off. it benefits you as well because it takes 1 less node away from your black ice. so instead of 3 nodes shooting beams and what not at you its only 2.

but yeah other than that I like.
In my opinion, that would be a very bad idea.
Firstly, the current positioning of the black ice seems bad enough because it cannot support 3 turrets at once. When the first turret falls, a shocker or even ice wall can hold the turret up long enough to conquer the remaining turrets and the black ice.
If you add another black ice to the existing black ice, it would die a useless death. An attacker would place a ram, an ice wall and 3 beams. This way, both the code gate and the second black ice would fall in quick succession. The second black ice would have fallen without serving any purpose.
depends on network and lvls of programs. remember im lvl 18. based on what ive seen and from what ive experienced people always get clapped up by my black ice code gate stall. idk maybe when I reach higher lvls I will see more of decent hackers. but once I get hacked crazy I start editing my network. so regardless your network should always be getting better not getting worse.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:14 pm

90skushkid wrote:[
depends on network and lvls of programs. remember im lvl 18. based on what ive seen and from what ive experienced people always get clapped up by my black ice code gate stall. idk maybe when I reach higher lvls I will see more of decent hackers. but once I get hacked crazy I start editing my network. so regardless your network should always be getting better not getting worse.
The 5 program slots on a black ice makes it easy to fight off another black ice and a code gate simultaneously. Instead, it might be more effective to replace the first black ice with a very weak node and then have the black ice dangling from it.

Silken

Post by Silken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:16 pm

90skushkid wrote:
legal wrote:
VLarian wrote:Upgrade the second scanner.
Actually I was thinking that when I get too 9 with my core I would add another scanner and up grade that one and put it where the black ice is.
im 12 lvls lower than you but what I do like as a strategy is having a black ice single attatched to another black ice that is attached to a code gate. so that lower bottom code gate you have attathed to your only black ice I would add another black ice to that black ice. to make room for the node attatchment for your original black ice I would take a the middle turret node off. it benefits you as well because it takes 1 less node away from your black ice. so instead of 3 nodes shooting beams and what not at you its only 2.

but yeah other than that I like.
Code gate going into a blsck ice isn't always that bad. Code gate don't actually have that high firewalls. But the second part of a blsck ice into a black ice isn't good. They have room for to many programs. Imho a blsck ice should lead to no-where.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Silken wrote: Code gate going into a blsck ice isn't always that bad. Code gate don't actually have that high firewalls. But the second part of a blsck ice into a black ice isn't good. They have room for to many programs. Imho a blsck ice should lead to no-where.
All I can say to that is...
Your keyboard has a lisp. :mrgreen:

Silken

Post by Silken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Oh good lord. a a a a s a a Sigh.
Silken
Level - 54

legal

Post by legal » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:22 pm

VLarian wrote:
90skushkid wrote:[
The 5 program slots on a black ice makes it easy to fight off another black ice and a code gate simultaneously. Instead, it might be more effective to replace the first black ice with a very weak node and then have the black ice dangling from it.
Okay fixed it here what it looks like and great idea, I normally do that on my code gates but I like your idea better thanks.
Attachments
fixed.jpg
Networked fixed
fixed.jpg (99.64 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Silken

Post by Silken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Still don't like the black ice not going into the scanner choke point.

A turret would be better on that code gate choke because it does damage quickly. That single black ice won't even get a blast off. It would be miles better on the scanner choke.
Silken
Level - 54