Idle Timer/Preventing Abuse

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
EndoAnima

Idle Timer/Preventing Abuse

Post by EndoAnima » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:15 pm

I think in a future update we need to have a relatively short idle timer. A user should be kicked if they don't touch their screen for 5-10 min. I'm close to breaking into the leaderboards and I'm starting to notice people with large Win-Loss ratios, high resource levels, and who are constantly online. Darthvirus is a good example. On all hours of the day, never attackable. 28 w, 2 losses. Sitting around 1000-1200 rep at level 25.

kingofsnipers

Re: Idle Timer/Preventing Abuse

Post by kingofsnipers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:44 pm

I support this, but this should be in another thread.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98&start=120
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:20 pm

EndoAnima wrote:Darthvirus is a good example. On all hours of the day, never attackable.
Checked, was attacked 14 times in last 24 hours..

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Trickster wrote:
EndoAnima wrote:Darthvirus is a good example. On all hours of the day, never attackable.
Checked, was attacked 14 times in last 24 hours..
Yeah, he is attackable. But most probably he ensures the best use of his online time limit. :)

I found him offline with 1.5k B-Coins once.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:02 pm

After I run all my programs and im compiling more for another attack what am I suppose to do in game that would suggest a 15 min idle timer? Some of my compile s the big ones with multiple wraith have been over 90 min. Also acquiring some big upgrades that require over 100k bit coins require me to camp my phone for hour's while I do stuff around the house. 3 hrs is sufficient. Barley sometimes.

Any more false call out threads that require the developer to waste his time due to your paranoia should result in -100 rep.

Imho

Silken

Post by Silken » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:40 pm

EndoAnima wrote:I think in a future update we need to have a relatively short idle timer. A user should be kicked if they don't touch their screen for 5-10 min. I'm close to breaking into the leaderboards and I'm starting to notice people with large Win-Loss ratios, high resource levels, and who are constantly online. Darthvirus is a good example. On all hours of the day, never attackable. 28 w, 2 losses. Sitting around 1000-1200 rep at level 25.
It's not a win-loss ratio. It's how much reputation that can be won/lost.

These 'call out' cheater threads have got to stop. Complete waste of everyone's time. All the people accused of cheating, all turn out to have been attacked a number of times.

:roll:
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Lily

Post by Lily » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:02 pm

Holy hell just get over it.

Level: 26
Reputation (prior to intentional dropping): 598
Current Reputation: 481
[ Last updated: 11/09/2016 - 09:04 PM (KST) ]

EndoAnima

Post by EndoAnima » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:06 am

Fun community you have here... first post and I get roasted alive.

Not trying to start a witch hunt, but it's not an uncommon feature to have some sort of timeout. Maybe it's just more noticeable in the top tiers where there are a lack of offline targets.

Appreciate you looking into the player though.

EndoAnima

Post by EndoAnima » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:36 am

Vnasty wrote:After I run all my programs and im compiling more for another attack what am I suppose to do in game that would suggest a 15 min idle timer? Some of my compile s the big ones with multiple wraith have been over 90 min. Also acquiring some big upgrades that require over 100k bit coins require me to camp my phone for hour's while I do stuff around the house. 3 hrs is sufficient. Barley sometimes.

Any more false call out threads that require the developer to waste his time due to your paranoia should result in -100 rep.

Imho
I didn't request the dev to check the player, but I appreciate him doing that and proving me wrong.

So you just leave your phone on the game for 3 hours?

That's kind of what I'm saying... sure anyone can take plenty of inconsequential attacks against their core for 19Bcoins while they are offline for the majority of the day. But you're untouchable for 3 hours but only really playing every 15min - is that fair play for defending coins?

I minimize the app between attacks and I somehow survive even if I lose a few defenses here and there.

EndoAnima

Post by EndoAnima » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:38 am

Lily wrote:Holy hell just get over it.
Thanks for being constructive.