Page 1 of 2

Wiki images needed! (Edit: Not any more!)

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:57 pm
by Luminaar
The wiki is in need of images of the varying stages of all nodes, to help players get a better idea of what level nodes they're facing when attacking a network. Thanks to kingofsnipers1 the Turret images are looking great, but we need more! http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Turret

If images could be uploaded as "name_level" (eg: "Turret 6", "Black Ice 12") that would make them easier to find/reference. A zoomed-in and detached node image showing the level would also be fantastic. Images can be uploaded here: http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Upload

Contributions will be acknowledged and appreciated - Thanks in advance folks!

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:52 pm
by Trickster
I have it on my todo list to provide nice and clean pictures for you guys :) I just need to find couple hours to do that.

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:22 pm
by Luminaar
Trickster wrote:I have it on my todo list to provide nice and clean pictures for you guys :) I just need to find couple hours to do that.
That would be great. There's been some great submissions so far, but some clean images could be better.

Come on though folks, don't be shy. The less time they have to spend sorting out trivial stuff like images and screenshots, the more time can be spent on all the things in the like/dislike and update threads :D

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:43 pm
by VLarian
Luminaar wrote:The wiki is in need of images of the varying stages of all nodes, to help players get a better idea of what level nodes they're facing when attacking a network.
Will contribute. Can I know what all not to upload? As in, what's already been uploaded?

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:14 pm
by Luminaar
VLarian wrote:As in, what's already been uploaded?
I'll provide a full list later this evening when I've a bit more time. Off the top of my head, Turrets 1-10, B-coin mines 12-16 and Mid Black Ice are done. Early Database, Server Farm and Cores need the most input.

http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Images - for having a look over what's there.

Cheers VLarian!

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 am
by Luminaar
VLarian wrote:Will contribute. Can I know what all not to upload? As in, what's already been uploaded?
Sorry it's late. As promised, here's a list of currently uploaded images and the levels that they cover.

Core: 1, 7-8
Server Farm: 1-3, 8-9, 14-17
Database: 1, 6-13
B Coin Mine: 1, 8-9, 12-17
B Coin Mixer: 3(?), 8-9, 12-13

Sentry: 1-11
Turret: 1-11
Black ICE: 1, 4-5, 8-9
Guardian: 1-5
Code Gate: 1, 4-7
Scanner: 1, 6-7, 10-11

Compiler: 1-2
Evolver: 3-4
Program Library: 1, 5-6 (although they're all looking the same atm :P)

As mentioned before, don't be shy. The wiki is there for the community, but it's only as good as the stuff we put in to it!

EDIT: Updated list.

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:33 pm
by VLarian
Luminaar wrote:
VLarian wrote:Will contribute. Can I know what all not to upload? As in, what's already been uploaded?
Sorry it's late. As promised, here's a list of currently uploaded images and the levels that they cover.
It's done. I uploaded all the nodes I have about 18 hours back. There are hardly any cores in the wiki images. Cores are so beautiful.

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:05 pm
by Luminaar
VLarian wrote:It's done. I uploaded all the nodes I have about 18 hours back. There are hardly any cores in the wiki images. Cores are so beautiful.
Sweet, I'll start integrating them in a moment, and will update the "still needed" list. Hopefully more folks will step up to the plate, especially on the early (cos there's no way I can upload them :P) and late (so folks can see what they're working towards) versions.

Thank you!

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:52 pm
by Luminaar
VLarian wrote:Cores are so beautiful.
Images integrated, thanks again. And yup, Core's really do look great, hope to get more of them!

Re: Wiki images needed!

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:26 pm
by Luminaar
Alright, we're sorted! A full compliment of sexy new images uploaded to the Wiki - check out what level nodes folks have at a glance, and imagine how awesome your networks are gonna look once they're levelled!
http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Core
http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian etc!