Does Stealth need nerf?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Nanix
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Nanix » Tue May 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Sibernetika wrote:At level 8 access costs 100bit per app level 3 wraith is 300 and level 2 portal costs 320 my setup is 8 access 3 wraiths and a portal. That's 2120bit just for me the stealth part now I have to use ice walls worms and beams maybe shockers and protectors you must have at least 4000 bitcoins or a ton of money for my hack to be profitable.. Where as with pure beams and ice wall/shocker meta you need to have 2500bit and not even that much cash for my hack to be profitable.. So really stealth needs a buff not a nerf
Far from really. Assume that we are speaking about my programs here (I do not like stealth so it's low level), with access at 4, wraith at 3, and portal at 2. Using three access, three wraiths, and one portal, that is only 1364 bit coins. The average amount for people around my level is anywhere for 6k to 12k bit coins ready to be pulled from the poor sap's network. By that logic, you can make ON AVERAGE at least 5 times your stealth cost alone. Now your other programs may cost anywhere from 1.5k to 2.5k to compile without stealth, but that is still far below the average haul, even with combined force. The last thing we need is a stealth buff.
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

User avatar
Sibernetika
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Sibernetika » Wed May 10, 2017 7:47 am

Yes your level where you mostly ignored stealth.. Whats your farms like? Any chance your level is inflated? If I was to concentrate on brute force instead of stealth my current level would be 5 levels lower.. Right now I'm also 45 with my inflated level, and If I see a gold sentry I know I'm screwed, and since the sentry stops my stealth attack from doing anything more other than taking down 3 code gates no stealth left for a portal or nothing, so I wasted 1200 just to take out 3 code gates when I could do that with 450 just using brute force
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Nanix
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Nanix » Thu May 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Sibernetika wrote:Yes your level where you mostly ignored stealth.. Whats your farms like? Any chance your level is inflated? If I was to concentrate on brute force instead of stealth my current level would be 5 levels lower.. Right now I'm also 45 with my inflated level, and If I see a gold sentry I know I'm screwed, and since the sentry stops my stealth attack from doing anything more other than taking down 3 code gates no stealth left for a portal or nothing, so I wasted 1200 just to take out 3 code gates when I could do that with 450 just using brute force
You are lucky to get a reply from me. Next time you want somebody to talk to you, quote them so they get the notification that somebody replied. Happened to see this by accident.
Now if you must know, I run with the following:
I have three money farms, currently levels 17, 17, and 12.
I have three bit coin farms, currently levels 16, 15, and 5.
My programs are:
45 Level 12 Beams
1 Level 8 Worms
1 Level 7 Blaster
8 Level 8 ICE Walls
5 Level 8 Protectors
4 Level 8 Rams
Frankly yes I focused on brute force. But stealth also buys you time. Instead of three minutes you can get three minutes and fifteen or twenty seconds. This doesn't sound like much, but now not only is there more time to attack, there is no time taken away because you have to wait for rams to charge and attack. Besides, wraiths disable sentry spread. Not to mention, in the grand scheme of things, few people have a gold sentry. I'm upgrading to the next level at the moment and I still won't have a golden sentry until I pump 4.5 million dollars into it. Just attack someone else.
If you are honestly only here to complain about how stealth needs a buff instead of a nerf, complain to someone else.
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by e1a00000 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Nanix wrote:
Sibernetika wrote:Yes your level where you mostly ignored stealth.. Whats your farms like? Any chance your level is inflated? If I was to concentrate on brute force instead of stealth my current level would be 5 levels lower.. Right now I'm also 45 with my inflated level, and If I see a gold sentry I know I'm screwed, and since the sentry stops my stealth attack from doing anything more other than taking down 3 code gates no stealth left for a portal or nothing, so I wasted 1200 just to take out 3 code gates when I could do that with 450 just using brute force
You are lucky to get a reply from me. Next time you want somebody to talk to you, quote them so they get the notification that somebody replied. Happened to see this by accident.
Now if you must know, I run with the following:
I have three money farms, currently levels 17, 17, and 12.
I have three bit coin farms, currently levels 16, 15, and 5.
My programs are:
45 Level 12 Beams
1 Level 8 Worms
1 Level 7 Blaster
8 Level 8 ICE Walls
5 Level 8 Protectors
4 Level 8 Rams
Frankly yes I focused on brute force. But stealth also buys you time. Instead of three minutes you can get three minutes and fifteen or twenty seconds. This doesn't sound like much, but now not only is there more time to attack, there is no time taken away because you have to wait for rams to charge and attack. Besides, wraiths disable sentry spread. Not to mention, in the grand scheme of things, few people have a gold sentry. I'm upgrading to the next level at the moment and I still won't have a golden sentry until I pump 4.5 million dollars into it. Just attack someone else.
If you are honestly only here to complain about how stealth needs a buff instead of a nerf, complain to someone else.
Your program and node choice all screams fk up. High worm, lots of farms, etc. Stealth needs a buff, or a rework. Wraithing is extremely powerful, too powerful, which gets in the way of any actual improvement stealth could get. Wraithing 2 gates is next to nothing, because any decent players would just put up wraith gates in front.
Final tip, since you don't use shocker, start pumping money into your protector or rep dump to 0. Gold sentry will butchers you.

User avatar
Sibernetika
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Sibernetika » Fri May 12, 2017 5:18 pm

I wonder what his rep is like if his not encountering gold sentry nodes? Thats all I'm encountering... But seriously lucky that I got a reply from him? He must really feel special and self entitled.. No you must consider yourself lucky if I actually quote you.. It means I'm actually interested in what you have to say.. I knew the answer before you even answered.. It was more rhetorical than an actual question.. Now I'm a nice guy.. A but of a Jester, lets keep it nice or the forum mods will find reasons to start warning people.. Oh and sorry to crush your dreams but 4.5mil doesn't turn your sentry gold
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Nanix
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Nanix » Fri May 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Sibernetika wrote:I wonder what his rep is like if his not encountering gold sentry nodes? Thats all I'm encountering... But seriously lucky that I got a reply from him? He must really feel special and self entitled.. No you must consider yourself lucky if I actually quote you.. It means I'm actually interested in what you have to say.. I knew the answer before you even answered.. It was more rhetorical than an actual question.. Now I'm a nice guy.. A but of a Jester, lets keep it nice or the forum mods will find reasons to start warning people.. Oh and sorry to crush your dreams but 4.5mil doesn't turn your sentry gold
Listen I don't like to argue on forums. It's petty and sad, and honestly if you hadn't just rubbed me the wrong way on a bad day I wouldn't have replied the way I did.
That being said I think we're done here. We've done our mudslinging, pissed each other off, but that's aight. I'll be off now.
Enjoy the forums
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

Nanix
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Nanix » Fri May 12, 2017 6:33 pm

e1a00000 wrote: Your program and node choice all screams fk up. High worm, lots of farms, etc. Stealth needs a buff, or a rework. Wraithing is extremely powerful, too powerful, which gets in the way of any actual improvement stealth could get. Wraithing 2 gates is next to nothing, because any decent players would just put up wraith gates in front.
Final tip, since you don't use shocker, start pumping money into your protector or rep dump to 0. Gold sentry will butchers you.
If it screams fuck up, why does it work? How come I can fight through gold sentries without too many problems? Better yet, if I can get plenty of money without backlash, is there really anything wrong with my bed set? Honest questions.
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by e1a00000 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:42 am

Nanix wrote:
e1a00000 wrote: Your program and node choice all screams fk up. High worm, lots of farms, etc. Stealth needs a buff, or a rework. Wraithing is extremely powerful, too powerful, which gets in the way of any actual improvement stealth could get. Wraithing 2 gates is next to nothing, because any decent players would just put up wraith gates in front.
Final tip, since you don't use shocker, start pumping money into your protector or rep dump to 0. Gold sentry will butchers you.
If it screams fuck up, why does it work? How come I can fight through gold sentries without too many problems? Better yet, if I can get plenty of money without backlash, is there really anything wrong with my bed set? Honest questions.
Your level is inflated. Your name sounds famililar so I probably have seen you on world map, but don't remember if I hit you or not. What level are you?
Also, probably bad bases, and the entry gold is not that strong. Sentry 18 however should be more than enough to crack your prot, and shiny tears it apart with no issue. You're likely hitting 16 sentries if you are managing fine.
Also, the discussion is about stealth, I just brought up your stats because you happens to mention it.

Krononymous
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Krononymous » Sat May 13, 2017 9:31 am

I disagree, it's just the Scanner that needs a buff. I think the scanner is way too underpowered because it's long to detect stealth hackers.

User avatar
Crack69
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

Re: Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Crack69 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:37 am

Krononymous wrote:I disagree, it's just the Scanner that needs a buff. I think the scanner is way too underpowered because it's long to detect stealth hackers.
Put 2 gates in from of high scanner. At best they'll wraith the gates and portal on the scanner (choke)
Though I read high lvl stealth (lvl 19+) is invincible
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Post Reply