Does Stealth need nerf?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Post Reply
iSpy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by iSpy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:50 pm

I really believe there is a massive need to nerf the stealth attacks, it is starting to really grow on my nerves. I have reached a point where defending against normal attacks is quite an easy task, most players running out of time moments before reaching my resources, or not even coming close. Yet the 1 thing that I have no way to defend against is stealth attacks, let me explain.

I have a lvl 8 scanner, that's 220% detection. The max for my core level. My scanner is placed in an optimal position, protecting nodes 1 thru 7 on my network.

I was just attacked by lv 1 access, lv 2 wraith and a lv1 portal. The attacker was able to reach 6 nodes deep into my network without disabling the scanner and using a wraith on the code gate to speed the process up. Then had the time to install the portal on the 6th node, effectively crippling my defence. Had it been the 5th node, the attack would've been much more difficult.

My gripe here is that I can defend against lv 9 beams, lv 3 rams, lv 4 shields and so on. Yet i can't defend from basic level stealth programs despite having the max scanner for my core. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculously over powered. The programs should start off with much higher detection values, and to balance, decrease in larger quantities per level. There's nothing I can do to help further protect my base at the moment against such a basic attack, other than moving my deep code wall closer to the frontlines, which in itself would raise an even larger issue against stealth attacks, my base would be able to prevent a portal 6 nodes in yes, but an attacker would be able to disable both code walls with ease, leaving me in a far worse situation, considering the code wall is the best defensive tool in slowing attackers.

Had these stealth attacks been from lv 4-5 access, lv 2-3 wraiths, would i be annoyed? No, because the system would feel much more balanced. It's the fact that such underdeveloped programs are able to conquer my base that i find ludicrous.
Level: 29
Location: UK
Updated: 04/11/2016

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Does Stealth need nerf?

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 am

iSpy wrote:I really believe there is a massive need to nerf the stealth attacks, it is starting to really grow on my nerves. I have reached a point where defending against normal attacks is quite an easy task, most players running out of time moments before reaching my resources, or not even coming close. Yet the 1 thing that I have no way to defend against is stealth attacks, let me explain.

I have a lvl 8 scanner, that's 220% detection. The max for my core level. My scanner is placed in an optimal position, protecting nodes 1 thru 7 on my network.

I was just attacked by lv 1 access, lv 2 wraith and a lv1 portal. The attacker was able to reach 6 nodes deep into my network without disabling the scanner and using a wraith on the code gate to speed the process up. Then had the time to install the portal on the 6th node, effectively crippling my defence. Had it been the 5th node, the attack would've been much more difficult.

My gripe here is that I can defend against lv 9 beams, lv 3 rams, lv 4 shields and so on. Yet i can't defend from basic level stealth programs despite having the max scanner for my core. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculously over powered. The programs should start off with much higher detection values, and to balance, decrease in larger quantities per level. There's nothing I can do to help further protect my base at the moment against such a basic attack, other than moving my deep code wall closer to the frontlines, which in itself would raise an even larger issue against stealth attacks, my base would be able to prevent a portal 6 nodes in yes, but an attacker would be able to disable both code walls with ease, leaving me in a far worse situation, considering the code wall is the best defensive tool in slowing attackers.

Had these stealth attacks been from lv 4-5 access, lv 2-3 wraiths, would i be annoyed? No, because the system would feel much more balanced. It's the fact that such underdeveloped programs are able to conquer my base that i find ludicrous.

Just gonna call bullshit on this post, I have level 8 leech, level 6 access and level 2 wraith & Im struggling ... silent hacks need a boost, placing wraith on 2 code gates and you run out of time. 2 sec is too long on stealth, wraith needs 1 sec cast to be worth 200 bit coin.

Bro stop lying

RitaVrataski
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:57 am

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by RitaVrataski » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:06 am

Vnasty wrote:
iSpy wrote:I really believe there is a massive need to nerf the stealth attacks, it is starting to really grow on my nerves. I have reached a point where defending against normal attacks is quite an easy task, most players running out of time moments before reaching my resources, or not even coming close. Yet the 1 thing that I have no way to defend against is stealth attacks
Just gonna call bullshit on this post, I have level 8 leech, level 6 access and level 2 wraith & Im struggling ... silent hacks need a boost, placing wraith on 2 code gates and you run out of time. 2 sec is too long on stealth, wraith needs 1 sec cast to be worth 200 bit coin.

Bro stop lying
Gotta consider that it has a disk space cost as well. Stealth is there to focus strategic nodes. Of course you have to make sacrifices to limit stealth attacks influence. You just have to avoid exposing too much and think about gaining time more than trying to have a perfect, unbreachable defensive wall.

iSpy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by iSpy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Vnasty, responding to threads acting like a passive aggressive child is no way to encourage debate. I wont be paying attention to your argument or any future ones that continue this theme.
Gotta consider that it has a disk space cost as well. Stealth is there to focus strategic nodes. Of course you have to make sacrifices to limit stealth attacks influence. You just have to avoid exposing too much and think about gaining time more than trying to have a perfect, unbreachable defensive wall.
I understand this, my base is strategically sound is most elements, several attackers have actually wound up copying it as a result. But lately I've been barraged with the same stealth attacks repeatedly. The only way to counter it is moving a 2nd code gate between the 2nd-4th nodes on the network, doing so would mean a portal could only be placed on the 5th node in the network rather than the 6th it is currently. However, the problem this would open up to is an attacker who uses 2 wraiths to destroy the code gates, which removes 1:20+ time spent attacking them (lv 8 code gate) which would then result in the attacker being able to beat the base considering the best factor in defence atm is forcing the attacker to run out of time.

I can put up with this for now knowing that by the time i get my 3rd code gate, i will have 300%+ on my scanner, stealth attacks will be impossible to even get close to what they are achieving now. Stealth attacks seem to be only strong vs low-mid lvl bases, the scaling is more beneficial to defenders than it is attackers.
Level: 29
Location: UK
Updated: 04/11/2016

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 pm

iSpy wrote:Vnasty, responding to threads acting like a passive aggressive child is no way to encourage debate. I wont be paying attention to your argument or any future ones that continue this theme.


I understand this, my base is strategically sound is most elements, several attackers have actually wound up copying it as a result. But lately I've been barraged with the same stealth attacks repeatedly. The only way to counter it is moving a 2nd code gate between the 2nd-4th nodes on the network, doing so would mean a portal could only be placed on the 5th node in the network rather than the 6th it is currently. However, the problem this would open up to is an attacker who uses 2 wraiths to destroy the code gates, which removes 1:20+ time spent attacking them (lv 8 code gate) which would then result in the attacker being able to beat the base considering the best factor in defence atm is forcing the attacker to run out of time.

I can put up with this for now knowing that by the time i get my 3rd code gate, i will have 300%+ on my scanner, stealth attacks will be impossible to even get close to what they are achieving now. Stealth attacks seem to be only strong vs low-mid lvl bases, the scaling is more beneficial to defenders than it is attackers.
Lets be real here. Every time you face any difficulty in this game you run to the forums and cry nerf.

Wahhhh code breakers are too strong.

WHhh guardians attached to code breakers are overpowered, they need to be nerfed!!'


Wahh access and stealth hacking is too powerful. It need to be looked at.

You want the ability to have an impenetrable base. Sorry kid that's not congruent with the title of this game. Ask any hacker any real hacker. There is no such thing. There will always be a weak spot or an exploit. If your base is perfectly secure against one type of hack it wil be suceptable to another.

You also suffer from bio polar. In one argument you say access is broken
Im the next post you say its fine and you can deal with it as the game progresses and you get another code breaker. That its only strong mid game. Well... duhhh

That you can totally defend against stealth hacks at the cost of having other attacks make your base vulnerable.

Just calling your bullshit out. No way is a lvl one access dominating you vs your lvl 8 scanner. You want to have game mechanics adjusted constantly to suit your needs.

Their is no joke bro its just you. The game is fine. Learn to play.

User avatar
Trickster
Site Admin
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Trickster » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:34 pm

:arrow: iSpy and Vnasty: Please avoid personal insults, keep the discussion with valid arguments only.

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Trickster wrote::arrow: iSpy and Vnasty: Please avoid personal insults, keep the discussion with valid arguments only.
Will do

iSpy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by iSpy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Vnasty wrote:
iSpy wrote:Vnasty, responding to threads acting like a passive aggressive child is no way to encourage debate. I wont be paying attention to your argument or any future ones that continue this theme.


I understand this, my base is strategically sound is most elements, several attackers have actually wound up copying it as a result. But lately I've been barraged with the same stealth attacks repeatedly. The only way to counter it is moving a 2nd code gate between the 2nd-4th nodes on the network, doing so would mean a portal could only be placed on the 5th node in the network rather than the 6th it is currently. However, the problem this would open up to is an attacker who uses 2 wraiths to destroy the code gates, which removes 1:20+ time spent attacking them (lv 8 code gate) which would then result in the attacker being able to beat the base considering the best factor in defence atm is forcing the attacker to run out of time.

I can put up with this for now knowing that by the time i get my 3rd code gate, i will have 300%+ on my scanner, stealth attacks will be impossible to even get close to what they are achieving now. Stealth attacks seem to be only strong vs low-mid lvl bases, the scaling is more beneficial to defenders than it is attackers.
Lets be real here. Every time you face any difficulty in this game you run to the forums and cry nerf.

Wahhhh code breakers are too strong.

WHhh guardians attached to code breakers are overpowered, they need to be nerfed!!'


Wahh access and stealth hacking is too powerful. It need to be looked at.

You want the ability to have an impenetrable base. Sorry kid that's not congruent with the title of this game. Ask any hacker any real hacker. There is no such thing. There will always be a weak spot or an exploit. If your base is perfectly secure against one type of hack it wil be suceptable to another.

You also suffer from bio polar. In one argument you say access is broken
Im the next post you say its fine and you can deal with it as the game progresses and you get another code breaker. That its only strong mid game. Well... duhhh

That you can totally defend against stealth hacks at the cost of having other attacks make your base vulnerable.

Just calling your bullshit out. No way is a lvl one access dominating you vs your lvl 8 scanner. You want to have game mechanics adjusted constantly to suit your needs.

Their is no joke bro its just you. The game is fine. Learn to play.
Alright, you've baited me. You talk like this on the forums far too often, your lack of respect for anyone else other than yourself is apparent. Despite multiple warnings from staff, you continue to act in such a childish manner. Furthermore, you clearly haven't read the entirety of those previous posts. For instance. I haven't once said code breakers are too strong. I haven't said guardians attached to code breakers is overpowered, that was infact you, if you refer back to that post. I was on the counter argument as there is an exploit that allows for faster destruction of the code gate. This is backed up by multiple others replays including my own.

I have no reasons to lie on this forum. You seem to think anything posted here that you dont agree with is a straight out lie. I do not wish for to have an "impenetrable base" i most elements of this game, the strategical element is what i find most attractive, as such I'd like to see the bugs removed. Every sentence you posted was passive aggressive once more, it amazes me...

You call me kid, intended as an insult and yet i can't help but laugh as I look at your counter argument, your age is apparent. Several grammatical errors, no sense of maturity. Please refrain from replying if you do not wish to provide your argument with evidence. I could've quite easily said you were talking crap when you said you have lv 6 access, which is a 60k upgrade, I've seen your base and level, it's extremely unlikely that is true.

Lastly, you have once again misunderstood. I do not claim access and wraith to be overpowered. In my experience, the stealth attacks are unbalanced in terms of scaling. What this means is that at lower levels, the stealth programs are incredibly powerful, whereas in the later levels, they drop off massively. If you'd like me to explain anything else I've said in more detail, with evidence, simply ask.
Level: 29
Location: UK
Updated: 04/11/2016

iSpy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by iSpy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Second thought, i'll provide the evidence before you come back with the same attitude you had before. Who knows, maybe this will make you think twice before trying to sprout arguments from nothing in the future.

Image

Turret is 6 nodes deep in the network

Image
Level: 29
Location: UK
Updated: 04/11/2016

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by legal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:58 pm

iSpy wrote:Second thought, i'll provide the evidence before you come back with the same attitude you had before. Who knows, maybe this will make you think twice before trying to sprout arguments from nothing in the future.

Image

Turret is 6 nodes deep in the network

Image
Just because you do not understand the mechanics or do not agree with them does not mean you are right. Having proof that someone stealth hacked you for a little bit of credits is not proof. I see a bunch of failed attempts on your network also. Maybe redesign your network.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Post Reply