Priority updates request

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Hackercritic

Priority updates request

Post by Hackercritic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi, a few suggestions for updates which i feel should be implemented immediately. First, slightly adjust the develop programs window such that you are able to see the B coin bar so that you can see how much you have left. Second, in addition to showing how many nodes a node can link to, it should also show how many program slots a node can contain, be it a visual or text indication in the info page. Third, It would be nice to increase the countdown timer on viewing a target's network up to 1 minute. Finally, would be a good idea to be able to save up to 3 network layouts. Would really enjoy the game alot more if these suggestions were implemented.
Last edited by Hackercritic on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

90skushkid

Re: Priority updates request

Post by 90skushkid » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Hackercritic wrote:Hi, a few suggestions for updates which i feel should be implemented immediately. First, slightly adjust the develop programs window such that you are able to see the B coin bar so that you can see how much you have left. Second, in addition to showing how many nodes a node can link to, it should also show how many program slots a node can contain, be it a visual or text indication in the info page. Third, It would be nice to increase the countdown timer on viewing a target's network up to 1 minute. Finally, would be a good idea to be able to save up to 3 network layouts. Would really enjoy the game alot more if these suggestions were implemented.
I definitely agree with your first statement. lol instead of clicking back viewing going back in going back out etc. lol

your second statement kinda contradicts itself. the fact that the nodes show how many nodes it can link to indicates its program slots. black ice is a 4 slot node. on attack mode it can hold 4 programs. etc.

and as far as the timer its easier and you gain more time by just simply screenshotting the network and then backing out. now in the sense of losing that hack for backing out and the chance of someone else taking over that network and you lose it on the world mad is one thing. but if its still there or your doing a retrace then yeah screenshots work wonders.

the saving network layout idea is dope but I can foresee people abusing it. remember this game is relatively new. so right now there are only a certain amount of programs that is existed. in the future we may not know what lies ahead. but lets say we know a certain defense layout is "hot" right now meaning that's the defense layout that everyone is using then it kinda takes out the enjoyment to some or most people on manually changing your network instead of a copy n paste. na mean?
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Hackercritic

Post by Hackercritic » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:59 am

90skushkid wrote:
Hackercritic wrote:Hi, a few suggestions for updates which i feel should be implemented immediately. First, slightly adjust the develop programs window such that you are able to see the B coin bar so that you can see how much you have left. Second, in addition to showing how many nodes a node can link to, it should also show how many program slots a node can contain, be it a visual or text indication in the info page. Third, It would be nice to increase the countdown timer on viewing a target's network up to 1 minute. Finally, would be a good idea to be able to save up to 3 network layouts. Would really enjoy the game alot more if these suggestions were implemented.
I definitely agree with your first statement. lol instead of clicking back viewing going back in going back out etc. lol

your second statement kinda contradicts itself. the fact that the nodes show how many nodes it can link to indicates its program slots. black ice is a 4 slot node. on attack mode it can hold 4 programs. etc.

and as far as the timer its easier and you gain more time by just simply screenshotting the network and then backing out. now in the sense of losing that hack for backing out and the chance of someone else taking over that network and you lose it on the world mad is one thing. but if its still there or your doing a retrace then yeah screenshots work wonders.

the saving network layout idea is dope but I can foresee people abusing it. remember this game is relatively new. so right now there are only a certain amount of programs that is existed. in the future we may not know what lies ahead. but lets say we know a certain defense layout is "hot" right now meaning that's the defense layout that everyone is using then it kinda takes out the enjoyment to some or most people on manually changing your network instead of a copy n paste. na mean?
Thanks for the kind feedback, but I'd like to point out 2 things. 1) For my idea of saving network layouts, you'd still have to manually rearrange your own network, just that you can save it In another slot so you don't lose your initial network layout. 2) clearly you have not played long enough. The number of nodes that a node can connect to may not be the same as the number of attack programs it can hold. The black ice, while being able to connect to 4 other nodes, can hold 5 attack programs.

iRS

Post by iRS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:42 am

i think that you should not be able to replace battering ram with beam canons because it happened alot of times to me when i was in a hurry to fill a note with one battering ram and beam canons but i clicked more than it was enough on beam canons and my battering ram was gone, so my hack suckess, so my resources, so my playtime ('cause i had to wait for resources to generate)

also, i often misclick nodes even if i click ON them.
same happens with programs bar.

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:12 am

iRS wrote:i think that you should not be able to replace battering ram with beam canons because it happened alot of times to me when i was in a hurry to fill a note with one battering ram and beam canons but i clicked more than it was enough on beam canons and my battering ram was gone, so my hack suckess, so my resources, so my playtime ('cause i had to wait for resources to generate.
THIS!!!
Exactly ruined my hack so many times and had to smoke to calm down :-D
But I always get angry with myself not the game, i take it as punishment for not being able to count to 3 :-D
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

legal

Post by legal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:00 pm

kingofsnipers wrote:
iRS wrote:i think that you should not be able to replace battering ram with beam canons because it happened alot of times to me when i was in a hurry to fill a note with one battering ram and beam canons but i clicked more than it was enough on beam canons and my battering ram was gone, so my hack suckess, so my resources, so my playtime ('cause i had to wait for resources to generate.
THIS!!!
Exactly ruined my hack so many times and had to smoke to calm down :-D
But I always get angry with myself not the game, i take it as punishment for not being able to count to 3 :-D
wow relax it is just game
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

XHATS

Post by XHATS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:08 pm

I thing this game needs a simulating system. We want to know "how can I protect my system" so add simulator. And give more credit from ERGO Media, maybe 10 maybe lot more. - XHATS

Hackercritic

Post by Hackercritic » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:42 pm

I'd like to add on, that while viewing our security log, when we retrace people, if we disconnect we should be brought back to the security log straight away, to the entry of that person we retraced, rather than back to our network where we have to scroll through the security log all over again. Please add this additional feature when possible, thanks for all the hard work :D