ICE-WALL Cost is Killing Me

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
legal

Re: ICE-WALL Cost is Killing Me

Post by legal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:47 pm

macoman1 wrote:
Echo1Echo2 wrote:If you do make it, you might make a profit of around 500-1000 b-coins (unless you find one that is 2000+ and don't need to use all your programs), but if you don't win then you've lost 600 b-coins on top of whatever other program you've used. It's stupid. They either need to give the option to go back down a level or lower the price.
This, so much this! The system comes across as this.
player: I saved up and can upgrade now, yeah!
player: oh no, my upgrade was actually a bad thing (?!?!)
game:sucks to be you
player: I hate to do it but I have to go back down a level...game, how do I do that?
game: hang on, I think I have the worlds smallest violin around here somewhere.

Needless to say this comes across as rather user hostile :lol: I personally have made a bunch of profit by only ever using level 1 programs because of cost efficiency. The upgrades do so little, and cost so much, you may as well forget the upgrade system exists at all. I know the devs are really busy but this system needs tweaked.
i've made tons of profit from upgraded programs, lets looked at yesterday, some where in the neighbor hood of b-coins 120k it's not so much the system needs a tweak, It's the players have to play smarter. I have yet to regret any of my upgrades. Actually not true, I wish I would of upgraded my evolver yesterday, I will be doing that today though. Why because when I upgrade it normally cost less over all to use them in the long run. my ice wall is level 5 I find I use on average 3-4 when I attack someone I use to have to use way more some where between 8-10 and I never have to pull out a protector which both at this point cost the same amount. I use ice shields because they go up faster. Only only time I use the protector is on choke points and it that is only if they use a scanner.

Now when I first started upgrading I struggled at first, but as higher levels became available, and higher targets came along I found it easier to make profit and keep upgrading my soft ware.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Legal knows what's up. Every game has levels. Some get stuck on some and others give up. As you get further into the game the levels get easier. The hardest level is one.

macoman1

Post by macoman1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Oh I'm well aware that the hacks get easier as you upgrade, not saying they don't. What I am saying is that the ratio between bonus for upgrade and extra cost of program after is a little off for some of them. If I can still make profit at lvl 1 then why shouldn't I? There's literally nothing to lose by not upgrading if I don't have to. Upgrades in games are supposed to be a new milestone that makes you feel good about having saved up the cash to get it. The problem is that if you upgrade too far you can end up at a point where your own achievements are bankrupting you. :lol:

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 pm

macoman1 wrote:Oh I'm well aware that the hacks get easier as you upgrade, not saying they don't. What I am saying is that the ratio between bonus for upgrade and extra cost of program after is a little off for some of them. If I can still make profit at lvl 1 then why shouldn't I? There's literally nothing to lose by not upgrading if I don't have to. Upgrades in games are supposed to be a new milestone that makes you feel good about having saved up the cash to get it. The problem is that if you upgrade too far you can end up at a point where your own achievements are bankrupting you. :lol:
Technically your greatest return is level 1. Diminishing returns every level after that. Carrot on a stick. I spent 64,000 bit coins on a program upgrade. Its necessary to continue chasing the carrot. It has increased my gains by 0.001 percent. All games are designed like this to keep you playing.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Hate to ruin this for you. But games are just time sinks. With small release of dopamine as a reward to a new upgrade. With a hill 3 times as big of the previous to climb for a marginal release. Its what keeps you playing. If you truly want to win the game
Your best option is to never play.