Two simple things that piss me off.

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
ofca

Two simple things that piss me off.

Postby ofca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:15 pm

In "world" view, nicknames flying around when clicked to check if they're worth looting. This makes it so easy to track which one you've already checked out. I think it would be even better, if this happened at random without any clicking. Game in a game! (This is obvious sarcasm. I'll note it here just in case ;>)

Second: lovely two second animation when clicking retrace/attack, just to display that target is online/under attack, followed by another 2 second animation. This is obviously poor design and should be improved upon: I propose a 15 second animation and a short intermission movie presenting history about hacking. Don't get me wrong, animation is ok I suppose, but it should happen only if target is not online/under attack. Also: after failed retrace, game dumps you back to your net view, instead of hack history menu.

So, please fix0r? Thanks! ;)

ofca

Re: Two simple things that piss me off.

Postby ofca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:25 pm

and another thing: instead of pointless dialog about 'network being under heavy load from an unknown hacker' (which is VERY unfriendly towards new players), show also estimated countdown towards end of the attack, like for example boom beach does. Same about "too long online" thing -- show some kind of showing the time limits until you can be interrupted, and for how long you can be interrupted.

ofca

Postby ofca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:29 pm

oh, and I've just got "interrupted" by some asshat, that stole 5k b-coins from me WHILE I'VE BEEN ONLINE, and I can't retrace him, because HE'S ONLINE. Do you really want me to /ragequit Trickster? I thought you want my money...

samgyeop

Postby samgyeop » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:31 pm

Theres already a thread made for this type of post.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56

ofca

Postby ofca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:35 pm

That's great. I'm sticking to this one though, instead of trashing some other thread. In my line of business this is called "valuable feedback from customer". If someone in power on this forum deems such information useless, they can close the thread, tell me to stop, ban me, and I'll get the message loud and clear.

BTW. The last bit about interruption and no way to recover seems unfair beyond measure.

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:40 pm

ofca wrote:In "world" view, nicknames flying around when clicked to check if they're worth looting. This makes it so easy to track which one you've already checked out. I think it would be even better, if this happened at random without any clicking. Game in a game! (This is obvious sarcasm. I'll note it here just in case ;>)

Second: lovely two second animation when clicking retrace/attack, just to display that target is online/under attack, followed by another 2 second animation. This is obviously poor design and should be improved upon: I propose a 15 second animation and a short intermission movie presenting history about hacking. Don't get me wrong, animation is ok I suppose, but it should happen only if target is not online/under attack. Also: after failed retrace, game dumps you back to your net view, instead of hack history menu.

So, please fix0r? Thanks! ;)

Your first one drives me nuts. At first it was cool once you start hacking so annoying, at least give is an option to turn it off. Glad im not the only one that didn't like the names swirling all over the fauxing place

ofca

Postby ofca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Vnasty wrote:Your first one drives me nuts. At first it was cool once you start hacking so annoying, at least give is an option to turn it off. Glad im not the only one that didn't like the names swirling all over the fauxing place

Yeah. That's probably on first or second lesson on any proper UX design course: DON'T F@@K AROUND WITH USER'S INTERFACE!

Bumbledolt

Postby Bumbledolt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:07 pm

ofca wrote:oh, and I've just got "interrupted" by some asshat, that stole 5k b-coins from me WHILE I'VE BEEN ONLINE, and I can't retrace him, because HE'S ONLINE. Do you really want me to /ragequit Trickster? I thought you want my money...

Calm down there fella i have been looted of much more then that of only 5k only kids cry like that its just game mate you make you system strong no need to rage quit eh.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

Bumbledolt

Postby Bumbledolt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm

ofca wrote:
Vnasty wrote:Your first one drives me nuts. At first it was cool once you start hacking so annoying, at least give is an option to turn it off. Glad im not the only one that didn't like the names swirling all over the fauxing place

Yeah. That's probably on first or second lesson on any proper UX design course: DON'T F@@K AROUND WITH USER'S INTERFACE!

And you can just get some manners and read rules of forum but forget that shit rules are meant to be broken.
There is a thread of potential updates which admins see regularly and players too everyone is posting there you will get much more feedbavk there.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

ofca

Postby ofca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Bumbledolt wrote:
ofca wrote:oh, and I've just got "interrupted" by some asshat, that stole 5k b-coins from me WHILE I'VE BEEN ONLINE, and I can't retrace him, because HE'S ONLINE. Do you really want me to /ragequit Trickster? I thought you want my money...

Calm down there fella i have been looted of much more then that of only 5k only kids cry like that its just game mate you make you system strong no need to rage quit eh.

Thank you for your patronizing response. I'm glad you were hit for more. I hope you will get hit for even more. And that's the point of this game really. Being hit in unfair way with no way to respond is a completely different topic.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”