HCX - DReaD wrote:I'm conflicted between Battering Ram and Blaster to kill off Code Gates...
- Both need 5 seconds to actually deal damage (4 second charge and 1 second transit)
[EDIT]: 3.5 second charge for both
- Blaster deals less DPS but can stun the Code Gate if it already has antivirus installed. This helps when the node where we install the Blaster has weak firewall (like Compiler), so we don't need to install ICE or Protector on it for it to survive until the Gate destroyed. Blaster will need about 6 hits to destroy the Code Gate, and it's not only the Code Strength but also the Firewall, so approximately 24 seconds to destroy a Code Gate.
- Ram can destroy Code Gate's Code Strength in 4 hits, with 5 seconds each hit for the total of 20 seconds. But this won't destroy the Firewall, so we still need few seconds to install and attack with other programs to destroy the Firewall. Adding the 20 seconds from Ram, it could be around 23~26 seconds in total to destroy the Code Gate.
- Blaster needs half the resources and time compared to Ram.
- Ram will focus on the Gate, whilst Blaster will get distracted to target other node (if there's any) that has higher priority.
- Ram use 5 space while Blaster use 6 space, hardly any difference.
- Ram needs 2 seconds to install while Blaster 5 seconds.
Based on these I'm leaning more towards Blaster. What the seniors think? Would Ram actually become far better and overshadow Blaster in higher levels? I'm currently lv14.
Also as a side note, Seems Worm can't do diddly to Code Gate when the Code Strength still up (the "HP bar" just won't deplete).
Didn't read the everyone's reply but i suggest ram because when there are turrets or black ice connected to the nodes which connects with a CG i quickly deploy my ram on it while my beam cannons fight with security nodes which after fighting come to CG and quickly destroy the firewall so i see the ram more time efficient.
PS: Ignore my late reply if you already got your answer i usually float around in the General discussion topic.