Filter Online Players and Alternative Solution

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Trickster
Site Admin

Re: Filter Online Players and Alternative Solution

Post by Trickster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Searches already on the map are not removed unless you attack them or search for next.

Barons

Post by Barons » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Suggestion: Add the ability to filter by available loot.

The biggest issue I have is finding folks with enough b coins to be worth attacking. At core lvl 4 with 35 program capacity it takes ages to find someone with 1k+ b coins. I rarely run into people being online but when I do it doesn't cause me much pause, I just search again and again and again. If a feature is added that allows us to filter by available loot it would make the whole search process much less annoying.

This is what I imagine...
Enter your filter options and click search. A blank world map appears with a section near the bottom that shows how much gold is being spent. Every few seconds the game will pull a new set of bases and add the cost of a search to your total. It will continue until a full set of networks is found that meet the filter requirements, it's stopped by the player, or the player can no longer afford to continue searching.

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.... Your welcome. =P

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Barons wrote:Suggestion: Add the ability to filter by available loot.

The biggest issue I have is finding folks with enough b coins to be worth attacking. At core lvl 4 with 35 program capacity it takes ages to find someone with 1k+ b coins. I rarely run into people being online but when I do it doesn't cause me much pause, I just search again and again and again. If a feature is added that allows us to filter by available loot it would make the whole search process much less annoying.

This is what I imagine...
Enter your filter options and click search. A blank world map appears with a section near the bottom that shows how much gold is being spent. Every few seconds the game will pull a new set of bases and add the cost of a search to your total. It will continue until a full set of networks is found that meet the filter requirements, it's stopped by the player, or the player can no longer afford to continue searching.

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.... Your welcome. =P
I am sorry man, but this would destroy the game. If everyone could do it, it would only support babysitting the game. I wouldnt do anything else than just nonstop researching guys with 500k $ and raiding them, many many others would too,then it implies that only nonstop onliners would profit from the game and the rest 95% of players would be left with no chance in universe to find someone valuable, therefore they would quit the game. No search filters like you suggested and keeping "luck" in equation is good. I might search 15 times and not finding 500k$ target as lvl 41 and you as lvl 19(random lower number) might. But if filter would be implemented you would find NONE. No filters by resources please, totally and unarguably would destroy the game.
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

Barons

Post by Barons » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:22 pm

I personally don't get it. Many people in this community seem to be under the impression that fixing the game by adding numerous options and features that would allow players to actually play it more would be a bad thing. This has me sort of miffed. I have another post long forgotten about getting shorter program compilation times in order to allow people to stay on the game more. It seems to have also been meet with little intrest if not hostility.

If 95% of the people who play this game are happy with its current setup where you play for 3 min between every really long span of time where you can't do anything at all, then I would think it was because the vast majority of people who have tried playing it realized how lame and unsatisfying it was to either wait the whole time with nothing to do or go look for another game and then uninstalled it.

I'd also like to take a moment to apologize to the forum operaters and members of the community for my inability to remain positive. It would probably be best if I stopped participating in the community since I have strong views of how I think the game should be improved that clearly don't follow along with the status quo. It's just hard not to come here and rant and rave seeing as how there isn't any... okay there I go again we all know there isnt a chat in game. I'm terrible at positive. I'm going to drink beer and beat my wife now.