Request for faster program compilation.

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
samgyeop

Re: Request for faster program compilation.

Post by samgyeop » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm

VLarian wrote:
Nice post.
I don't understand a few points. Care to explain?
You're 28. At your level you use only 30 cannons? ONLY 4 ice walls??
I'll assume that you use the blaster to get through the code gates. But what about those nodes which are surrounded by atleast 2 upgraded turrets. Especially if the node is a scanner. You can't defend that with 2 ice walls, can you?

At my level (15), I use around 30 cannons and 8 walls. 1 data leech. And 2 rams, 1 for each code gate. I usually find 2 code gates in all networks. Sometimes even a few shurikens.

How do you even find people below your level?

How to defend against krakens?

My beams are level 9. I was able to take down any code gate with ease using 3 beams if code gates were level 7 or under. Also if the core was past the code gate, krakens would also speed up the process.

CerberusArc

Post by CerberusArc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Silken wrote:
samgyeop wrote: I dont find the need to waste wraiths and stealth attacks because beams/walls/krakens are sufficient for me that gets the job done. Wraith is an absolute waste of my total cost of production.

Also at the moment I have 100 slots available. I dont need to fully use 100 slots of viruses to successfully hack others. I usually need about an average of 75-82 to get the job done. While I am attacking, I premake the viruses that take a lot of time which shaves off 3 minutes.

Have to agree with this. People are over training. I'm level 28, so I'm mainly attacking bases between levels 21-26. All it takes is 2 Blasters, 4 Ice Walls and on average 30 Cannons. Whereas I can train 4 Blasters, 8 Ice Walls and 50 Cannons in about 20 mins. So I'm basically training an attack in about 10 minutes, actually less because the other half of my attack is training in the background. This is with 2 compilers and 90 program spaces.

If I need 2 Krakens I drop the Blasters, since Krakens eat through Code Gates. So having Krakens only adds 4 mins to the training time.

Wraiths are high end programs, I wouldn't even think to use one unless attacking someone 20 levels above me. But since I can farm all the low hanging fruit at level 21-26 and get 60k a pop. I normally don't even bother with them.

Add to that people are just making stupid attacks. I can't defend against Krakens yet, so I have my core next to a Net Connector. Yet I still see people attack me with 3 Krakens. 24mins of training time, when 1 Cannon would have done the job....crazy.

And don't get me started on people who attack only my core, leave a message and then log off with 300k plus (90k-100k profit) sitting in their Database.

I've only had about 6 people beat my base in the 3 weeks I've been playing (Resources and Core). All of them only used Blasters, Ice Walls and Cannons. Apart from one guy who used Access and Leechs, when I foolishly had both scanners upgrading at the same time.

I can't see me complaining about training times for a long time.

The only program I would have an issue with is Manic. 30mins is way too long. But having said that it looks a completely OP virus, so maybe that isn't a bad thing.

A few days since I've been posting. Being playing (and raging) quite a bit at the game. I do see what you guys are saying. I reconfigured my network to protect resources at the expense of rep, by leaving my core mostly exposed and barricading resources behind as many choke points as I could think of. So far, the people that break my defense are using, as you said, beams, ice walls, and blasters. To me this is crazy. Perhaps beams are way too overpowered.

I've seen this beam/icewall/blaster combo get through both of my chokepoints (a scanner chokepoint and a guardian choke point) with ease and better that combinations of much more advanced programs. Balance!

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:58 pm

CerberusArc wrote:
A few days since I've been posting. Being playing (and raging) quite a bit at the game. I do see what you guys are saying. I reconfigured my network to protect resources at the expense of rep, by leaving my core mostly exposed and barricading resources behind as many choke points as I could think of. So far, the people that break my defense are using, as you said, beams, ice walls, and blasters. To me this is crazy. Perhaps beams are way too overpowered.

I've seen this beam/icewall/blaster combo get through both of my chokepoints (a scanner chokepoint and a guardian choke point) with ease and better that combinations of much more advanced programs. Balance!
Yes, but the level of beam being used is already getting high. I believe there are 21 levels and people are already using level 10's. And blasters are already starting to full behind Rams, so at some point we are not going to be able to do what we are doing.

Then it will come back to the training time issue, but hopefully we should be at 3-4 compilers, so the impact hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Barons

Post by Barons » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Hey folks, been awhile since I had to uninstal hackers to make space. Just wanted to check in and see if any progress has been made towards reducing program compilation times.

Peace

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 am

Barons wrote:Hey folks, been awhile since I had to uninstal hackers to make space. Just wanted to check in and see if any progress has been made towards reducing program compilation times.

Peace
Upgrade your library