Search cost

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
samgyeop

Search cost

Postby samgyeop » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:50 am

Is there a way to tell when your search cost will go up? Today I just upgraded both my libraries to level 7 and my search cost went from 4k to 8k gold and yet still core 7.

Luminaar

Re: Search cost

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:19 am

I believe it's when your network goes up in level. Did you just hit a level up?
Last edited by Luminaar on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:41 pm

I've added a table to the Wiki, but it needs a ton of info. If folks could help out and post (either here on on the Wiki) their level and current refresh costs, that'd be great.

http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Wo ... sh_targets.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Silken

Postby Silken » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Luminaar wrote:I've added a table to the Wiki, but it needs a ton of info. If folks could help out and post (either here on on the Wiki) their level and current refresh costs, that'd be great.

http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Wo ... sh_targets.

I'm level 25 and the search cost is 2000. Sorry can't remember levels below.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Silken wrote: I'm level 25 and the search cost is 2000.
Added, cheers man. :)

samgyeop

Postby samgyeop » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 pm

Level 31 costs me 8k to refresh. Haha now I dont have b coin problems but now I got a huge gold shortage. 5 refreshes is already 40k and when I find someone decent its usually 40k gold which cancels my profit.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:01 pm

samgyeop wrote:Level 31 costs me 8k to refresh. Haha now I dont have b coin problems but now I got a huge gold shortage. 5 refreshes is already 40k and when I find someone decent its usually 40k gold which cancels my profit.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. 3 mines and 2 farms is my mistake I think, should have gone the other way around. I tricked myself after having run out of b-coins for programs one too many times :lol: Will add the info, cheers man!

Ujnex

Postby Ujnex » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:42 am

Luminaar wrote:
samgyeop wrote:Level 31 costs me 8k to refresh. Haha now I dont have b coin problems but now I got a huge gold shortage. 5 refreshes is already 40k and when I find someone decent its usually 40k gold which cancels my profit.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. 3 mines and 2 farms is my mistake I think, should have gone the other way around. I tricked myself after having run out of b-coins for programs one too many times :lol: Will add the info, cheers man!

So it's best to focus on gold dataservers instead of bcoins? Assuming we dont have other defensive modules we could be setting and gain cash through fighting?

samgyeop

Postby samgyeop » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 am

It depends on the player. If you got balls to risk a lot, then the rewards are great such as attacking someone much much higher than you. But before you can find a high risk base, you must keep searching. The prerequisite of searching for a good base while having many to pay costs in gold is killing me.

I run into a base with a lot of b coins but then realize I have no gold from searching. So I have a surplus of b coins and a shortage of gold. It only gets worse where itll cost like 50k gold at level 50s. But Im sure this will be solved when more people start playing in the future.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Ujnex wrote:So it's best to focus on gold dataservers instead of bcoins?
As Sam says, it really does depend on the player. If you upgrade programs early then B-costs will go up earlier and a mine will help. Likewise, if you don't play often, and stay low while upgrading your base then Server farms will help, since you're not compiling as much.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”