This is to trickster arts.

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
funez1

This is to trickster arts.

Postby funez1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Being in the discord server is like being in Hell unprofessional people. Like talking to immature joksters. So I'm asking you guys. The exploits will it be addressed? That I'm actually wondering. I dont expect updates to be done fast since the company is so small. Stealth? Were there any changes to all programs at all. Visibility changes? Is the game no longer going to recieve updates?

Luminaar

Re: This is to trickster arts.

Postby Luminaar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:44 pm

funez1 wrote:Being in the discord server is like being in Hell unprofessional people.
Discord - along with our other communities - are unofficial fan-created communities put together by players and friends of Hackers/Trickster Arts. Being a fan group, they're maintained by generous people putting in their own free time, and have full control over how their community is run!

Each community has it's own style, so if you're not a fan of the Discord group, be sure to join some of our other fan-made groups!
funez1 wrote:So I'm asking you guys. The exploits will it be addressed?
Exploits - plural? :cry: We've got plans to patch up a known shield timer leak - is that what you're asking about? :)
funez1 wrote:Stealth? Were there any changes to all programs at all. Visibility changes?
Contrary to popular belief, stealth performs as expected, as long as players are keeping on top of their Scanner upgrades - stealth is pretty balanced already! :D As such, stealth hasn't needed any program or visibility changes for a while.

We are aware of a couple of stealth-related aspects which could be improved though (I'm looking at you Squid AI,) and will be addressing this in the near future.
funez1 wrote:I dont expect updates to be done fast since the company is so small.
Thanks for the acknowledgement and appreciation! We always aim to make things available as Soon™ as we can!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

funez1

Postby funez1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 am

Ok. I was just wanting to clear things up. The exploit. Theres a few. One which is players using smurf accounts to their own good. Abusing the system. Not everyone does it. Also isnt the beetle a tad bit too much on the healing. It easily nullifies 2 beams. Shurkens are useful but the node will heal so fast that it will never capture. Squid... Yeah that thing needs something. But I'm not sure

Xia

Postby Xia » Mon May 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello there! I apologize for the late reply. I don't hang around forums and I didn't see this until now.

My name is Xia. I am second in command in the Hackers community-run Discord server. I'm also super sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us.

Unfortunately people are people, and that sometimes leads to things not running so buttery smooth. We try our best to moderate the server and keep things running nicely, but sometimes the we also make mistakes, or may not catch everything. It's unfortunate but it happens.

I would be more than happy to discuss your experience with the server, with you, if you would like. You and I could go over what may have gone wrong, or what you would like changed, and we could work things out from there. We would also be super glad to have you back, if you decide that you're interested.

What do you think?

If you decide you're interested, please DM me on Discord (Xia#0001). I don't use forums very much, unfortunately.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, and I hope we can work things out together.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 am

Xia wrote:We try our best to moderate the server and keep things running nicely, but sometimes the we also make mistakes.

Sometimes? All the time. Only reason the server is standing is because of LadTy and Lumi, without them the server would crumble as we got a glimpse of way back when. It's actually depressing that TA is okay with you guys running the show for their fan-made community. The fact that the once most active member in the community can be treated worse than a nobody is all I need to call bullshit on that. Either you're putting on a facade trying to sound like you're actually trying to run the show properly or you guys are really that incompetent to realize your own mistakes. We have complained over and over again countless of times of power abuse in the server and fuckn nothing gets done because the idiots get power and the victims are shrugged off. Fixing the server would require TA to take ownership, you to lose any moderation power and [Mod] Cruel to get banned. That's the only other way it would work without me getting back my admin power above y'all, because I know for a fact TA wouldn't ban me after inviting me themselves ya'll are so fuckn restarted for not accepting my ban appeal after providing the proof I did that I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Wish the server dies off if TA isn't willing to even say no to power abuse at the very least, holly fuck.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 am

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Xia wrote:We try our best to moderate the server and keep things running nicely, but sometimes the we also make mistakes.

Sometimes? All the time. Only reason the server is standing is because of LadTy and Lumi, without them the server would crumble as we got a glimpse of way back when. It's actually depressing that TA is okay with you guys running the show for their fan-made community. The fact that the once most active member in the community can be treated worse than a nobody is all I need to call bullshit on that. Either you're putting on a facade trying to sound like you're actually trying to run the show properly or you guys are really that incompetent to realize your own mistakes. We have complained over and over again countless of times of power abuse in the server and fuckn nothing gets done because the idiots get power and the victims are shrugged off. Fixing the server would require TA to take ownership, you to lose any moderation power and [Mod] Cruel to get banned. That's the only other way it would work without me getting back my admin power above y'all, because I know for a fact TA wouldn't ban me after inviting me themselves.
Ya'll are so fuckn retarted for not accepting my ban appeal after providing the proof I did that I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Wish the server dies off if TA isn't willing to even say no to power abuse at the very least, holly fuck.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

molchu

Postby molchu » Tue May 14, 2019 11:34 pm

I have been around in the server longer than Xia, and I have to agree with Lurk, the server's admins are abusing their power left and right.

I joined the server and immediately had some beef with Remuz. He was just like me back then, same roles, same permissions, nothing special. I have confronted him because he was using bot commands in channels that were not bot-channels (basically he was spamming normal channels and not bot-channels). We both got in trouble, he because of spamming channels with bot commands, and me because of trying to ping admins and make him stop. He got admin role shortly after.

Now there are Xia and Cruel, 2 notorious power abusers. While me and 10 other people were able to stop Remuz by gathering evidence and contacting the past server owner, I don't want to fight the admins everytime they put someone incompetent to power. Unnecessary changes to the server and the role revamp that no one asked for were the only things the admins have done. Admins are supposed to reinforce the rules, not break them and use the flaws in the system to their advantages.

One of the rules of the server states this (this is not literal but it is still in the same context):
The admins have full rights, if an admin tells you to stop you can't use the rules as a protection and you shouldn't try to use loopholes, whatever admin says is final.

This is just absurd. Why create rules if admins can break them whenever they please? You are better off joining other communities because of the tyranny that the server supports. I could stop one power abuser (Remuz), but I am not gonna try to stop all of them if they just keep coming to power.

Here go my 2 cents, thank you for reading.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 14, 2019 11:51 pm

Thanks for the 2 bits.

We've reached out to all parties involved, with a view to mediating an amicable solution. Hopefully we'll find some common ground to work from once conversations have taken place. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

funez1

Postby funez1 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:05 am

I look at that server now. It's like communism. Just abnoxious not going to ask about the NSFW channel.

Xia

Postby Xia » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 am

Hey there Molchu. Long time no see!

I do apologize for the way things were handled back in the Era where Remuz had administrative rights. Back then, the server was drastically different. Things were very weird, and it was indeed a very rough time for the server. Unfortunately way too many things happened that weren't supposed to, however that was quite a long time ago.

As you know, the old owner was inactive around this time and that's why stuff got rampant. Once Ako became owner, a lot changed. Thankfully, we were finally able to remove the dead or abusive admins, and then we were able to bring in a new, active and well received staff team. The old server struggled quite a lot.

However, thankfully, those days are behind us. With the server revamp a few months back (which was thankfully very well received. Lots of people loved the changes and we received nearly no criticism :D) we were able to knock out a lot of issues. We demoted the inactive staff members, and we were also able to finally deal with the abusive admins/staff members that made the server so unwelcoming back in the old days.

We also did some cool things like create a giveaway channel, and create a voting system to be used by the staff members.

We made this system so no admin or staff member could do anything without getting the majority vote first. This way, abuse would be nonexistent unless somebody went behind the staff teams back and did something they weren't supposed to. We hold these staff meetings like once every two weeks, where we vote on a bunch of really cool changes and discuss what problems we may be facing in the server at that given time.

It's proven to be very successful so far. It's kinda annoying in the sense we all have to try to get together at a certain point in time, but we've had great results with it :D

This is why I'm somewhat confused with your statement of both Mod and I being power abusers. I do understand that Mod is the strictest admin of all, who will make sure that the rules are being upheld to the best of his ability, but he's actually done a crazy amount of really cool things for our server.

Mod created the voting system, specifically so no one admin goes unchecked. It was in his interests to shut down power abuse. And, at the same time, he also organized those meetings and he does a really good job with them. We are super thankful that he dedicates all the time that he does as an unpaid volunteer.

He's been very helpful. I do understand there was a situation with things recently, which may be what you're talking about, however that's currently being handled to the best of our ability.

And as for myself, I can't possibly think of why you may believe I am abusing my power. I'm sorry you feel that way.

I understand that by asking this, I'm being unprofessional, however... Would you mind telling me what I may have done? I just can't think of why you would believe I have abused my power, especially when the last time you and I had spoken—you were excitedly asking for me to come play a fun game with you and a good chunk of the rest of the staff members—a couple of days ago. You and I are equals, especially here, so let it rip.

Back on track, "The admins have full rights, if an admin tells you to stop, you can't use the rules as a protection and you shouldn't try to use loopholes."

Well, that's not necessarily true. It can be interpreted as that, I guess, but I'll gladly go on record here just to tell you that is not what it's intended to be read as.

I'll quote it for us both:" Staff Members have final verdict on rules. Do not try to find loopholes in the rules."

This rule actually exists so people can't exploit loopholes and bend the rules to their liking. We had some troublesome members in the past and unfortunately their main point against us was "Well the rules say don't do this but if I change it a little I will be okay". That's simply exploiting. My staff team and I aren't a team of lawyers. We are all volunteers who just want to kick back relax, and have fun at the end of the day.

With that in mind, yes. We do enforce that rule, simply because members have and will continue to assume they can twist the wording of our rules to do as they please. This prevents them from doing that.

"They can't use rules as a protection." I would also like to state that this isn't quite true, sorry. We as a staff team try our hardest to adhere to the rules we set ourselves. I completely agree with you, why have rules if the rule makers themselves don't uphold them? That's silly.

If any staff member is showing an abuse of power, or is breaking their own rules, we actually have a system in place for those things. We have a cool report system where you can type out a report and it gets sent to the server owner for her to review. We've never actually had anybody use this either, because our staff are actually really cool people. I've never seen any one of our newest staff members (Chimera, FairWarning, Mirielle) abuse their power in the time that they've been here, nor have I even seem them use any disciplinary force. That's saying something, because I am active every day.

Stating that there is rampant power abuse in our server is silly. We have had like... Three kicks and one ban in the past couple of months, and like two mutes. That, and they were all warranted.

I dunno about you, but those statistics don't scream power abuse. Either way, sorry about the super long message :D. I hope you find the time to read this all and I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Either way, if you would like to discuss things with me personally feel free to. I don't check forums often, but I'm always on Discord. Xia#0001

I would be more than happy to figure things out with you.

We would love to have you back! I'd share the server link here but you probably have it memorized lol. Have a good one, and see you soon buddy.

Also, Funez, I'd love to talk to you to see what's going on. I'd love to be able to help you out, but I can't unless you help me out here :P

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”