Price of Background Themes and Rank Rewards

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
CerberusArc

Price of Background Themes and Rank Rewards

Postby CerberusArc » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Okay, so I get that the game needs to make money and have some way of generating income.

I generally don't have much bad to say about the pay aspect of the game. I've seen some people call it "pay to win" and I don't think those people have ever played some of the popular strategy games on mobile because they are all TRULY pay to win. I find that this game doesn't give you an unfair advantage in attacks over other plays by paying. There are no special bonuses or troops to buy with credits (and please don't ever do this). Overall, credits allow me to speed the game's progression and would probably give an edge in rank considering you could simply attack more often than other players, but that is all fine with me.

So now to my gripe....

I've been looking at themes in the Black Market now that I've unlocked a few, and I think the prices of the upper levels themes are simply excessive. I mean yes, bragging rights and all, but some of the upper-level themes would cost $40+ real dollars to purchase and all they seem to do is provide an interesting change in scenery. Now maybe there are people willing to pay this, and kudos to them and the devs for making that money, but I don't think is is true of many people. I would argue that if the prices were decreased to a more reasonable level, then perhaps more people would buy them and generate more money overall.

It also somewhat invalidates the whole idea of rank accomplishment. You don't actually get a "reward" for advancing rank. More like you get a slap in the face of "hey, you unlocked this, yay, now go pay a small fortune if you actually want it.

Again, the game has to make money. I myself have caved and spent nearly $40 already, but the very best games always have a nice balance of reward and spending. I think there needs to be some actual reward and incentive to increase rank rather than pure bragging rights. Give something for free when you hit a rank unlock and encourage actually working for it.

Ideas for Rank Rewards:

1. Storable items that would provide one-time boosts to B coins or money (accessible on the black market panel). Making an item instead of a flat reward would give players the freedom to spend when needed and not lose it to due to hitting storage maximums.

2. Free backgrounds that are different from purchasable backgrounds.

3. Decorative nodes that could be placed on the network but would have no interaction with combat.

4. Storable programs (maybe even special reward programs, but make sure they are NOT purchasable) that could be accessed via the black market and used as wanted. Using them would then add them to the program library where they would act like any other program.

Bottom Line: Within the next few updates, there definitely needs to be a reason to increase in rank beyond just climbing the meaningless ladder of bragging rights.

Vnasty

Re: Price of Background Themes and Rank Rewards

Postby Vnasty » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:12 am

I realized early on there is no incentive to rank rep other than bragging rights. So I changed my play style to bum hunt hit high resource nodes to base build. My successful hacks are all fails and I have 0 rep now. This could hurt later if they do give an incentive for rep. I have no reason to climb the ladder because it makes me a target and there is no reward. I have also noticed that successful hacks have seriously dropped by over 100,000 in the past week on the leaderboard. Even the top hackers like alpha Killer have dropped down by ten spots. So everyone is catching on to this

Silken

Postby Silken » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:23 am

Vnasty wrote:I realized early on there is no incentive to rank rep other than bragging rights. So I changed my play style to bum hunt hit high resource nodes to base build. My successful hacks are all fails and I have 0 rep now. This could hurt later if they do give an incentive for rep. I have no reason to climb the ladder because it makes me a target and there is no reward. I have also noticed that successful hacks have seriously dropped by over 100,000 in the past week on the leaderboard. Even the top hackers like alpha Killer have dropped down by ten spots. So everyone is catching on to this

Out of interest what's is it like down there at 0 rep. I remember in Clash of Clans there was a '0' club of people who basically just left all resources completely open to attack with no defence. The general rule was to take some but not all. And they basically just shared resources with each other.

I'm Lvl 24 and farming the 500-600 range and getting between 30k-100k Gold and 1k-3k B-Coin each attack. Generally the average I would say is 40k and 1.5k. I poach easy bases so training time is quick. I did push up a bit and i could get more, but the bases are harder and would need longer training times.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

dfnuts

Postby dfnuts » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:57 am

Silken wrote: Out of interest what's is it like down there at 0 rep. I remember in Clash of Clans there was a '0' club of people who basically just left all resources completely open to attack with no defence. The general rule was to take some but not all. And they basically just shared resources with each other.

I'm Lvl 24 and farming the 500-600 range and getting between 30k-100k Gold and 1k-3k B-Coin each attack. Generally the average I would say is 40k and 1.5k. I poach easy bases so training time is quick. I did push up a bit and i could get more, but the bases are harder and would need longer training times.

Well I'm level 20 and I am sitting around the 100 rep mark. When hacking I am getting around 30k to 60k in gold and 800 and 2k in bitcoins. As was said above I don't see any point in accumulating rep, as I don't see any benefits to it.

If there was another incentive to gaining rep, then I would gladly be climbing the leaderboard.
We are a collective entity.
We are all and all is us.
We move throughout society influencing and creating thoughts as to navigate the intellectual collective through existence.
We are life, we are thought.

Jaystar

Postby Jaystar » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:36 am

I'm farming around 200 rep area. Similar loot but with bases around lvl 16-20. Easy peas with kraken.
Usually I need only 3 kraken, 1 worm and 5 blastors. Ice wall depend so on the layout of the network.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”