Easter Eggs??!!!

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
570RM

Easter Eggs??!!!

Postby 570RM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 am

So while watching some let's plays on YouTube, I found out that there are some hidden eastereggs hidden within the game. There are 2 different ones, one with the Core and one with the Scanner. The core one simply pulls up a grid image that changes every 5 seconds. The one with the scanner however has the same grid, but you are able to click around and change the coloring of the grid. Now, I just found out about this 20 or so minutes ago, so I may not be totally correct in saying that the core grid is used as a map for the scanner grid. Feel free to tell me what you think these both are for. So as of getting the Easter eggs to appear, do the fallowing for each of the nodes
Core (any level):
Simply just tap repeatedly, and after a while, a grid image will pop up. It changes when ever you tap it, so not really a useful thing in my case...

Scanner (any level):
Press and hold for about 30 seconds. Soon after, an interactive grid will appear, similar to that of the cores. This one however, will allow you to create a pattern. Touching a square will invert it and the others bordering it (the outside ones dont however)

So, like I mentioned earlier, I have no idea on what this will unlock (unlimited credits? Some other easter egg? Who knows...), but if you do manage to crack the code, please comment it below!!! So, in the meantime, I'm going to try and crack this code, and see what we get from it!
Good luck, and happy Hacking!
570RM ;)
Computer language design is just like a stroll in the park. Jurassic Park, that is.

TheLurkingRage

Re: Easter Eggs??!!!

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:48 am

570RM wrote:So, like I mentioned earlier, I have no idea on what this will unlock (unlimited credits? Some other easter egg? Who knows...), but if you do manage to crack the code, please comment it below!!! So, in the meantime, I'm going to try and crack this code, and see what we get from it!
570RM ;)

How's that going for ya? Did you know there's a bunch of people who already tried and 1 that succeeded but didn't want to spoil it for anyone? I wonder if more people have figured the whole thing out, or if there hasn't been any progress at all. There's a discord channel dedicated to this, so maybe check that out if you haven't already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ discord.me/hackersmobile
Tell 'em I sent you ;)
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:32 pm

This easter egg has only recently been fully completed, with the rabbit hole going deeeeeeeeeep. Similar to how heartme.net led on to savedjvu, there's a mine of details (and credits) to be found for those that dig deep enough.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Shiroto

Postby Shiroto » Fri May 03, 2019 10:09 am

Luminaar wrote:This easter egg has only recently been fully completed, with the rabbit hole going deeeeeeeeeep. Similar to how heartme.net led on to savedjvu, there's a mine of details (and credits) to be found for those that dig deep enough.

Yeah sure, I can add details about that. But will it still be an Easter Egg after that? :roll:
Well, the Core will show you a grid made of black and white pixels which change when you tap on it. The scanner will allow you to reproduce them on another grid following the principle of the Light Out game (see the link here for more explanations about this game https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_Out_(game)). So you can reproduce each grid in the scanner and every time you succeed to do it, a binary code will show up. Then I don't know what to do with those 0 and 1 :cry: , I found that one of them can be converted into ASCII characters (there is a lot of online converters if you want) but I don't know where we have to write this sentence down. Many of the other codes I found were non ASCII nor UTF-8 bit sequences.

Please help me about this step, where can I find more informations about it?
Enjoy :D

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Shiroto wrote:Please help me about this step, where can I find more informations about it? Enjoy :D
The best place I can guide you to is the Discord group.

You'll not find a complete step-by-step guide there (as you mentioned, what would be the fun then? :roll: ), but what you will find are people at various stages of puzzle, as well as players that may share possible hints - maybe you'll also find someone at a similar stage to yourself that you can share ideas with :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Shiroto

Postby Shiroto » Sun May 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Thanks!
Yeah I found the Discord just after I posted it (a few hours after is more correct :lol: )
And a lot of people allready finished it, moreover as I understood, the event ended too!

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”