Blue currency

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Blue currency

Post by Mchief » Tue May 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Short and simple idea , make it so that any currency that you purchase with credits becomes blue and is not stealable , why

With the wide range of node costs it can carry between 100$ to 15,000,000.00$ and any one who looks at the buy currency page can tell that your best currency to credit ration is generally the 100% mark however late game your bank is usually quite high (round 15,000,000.00$) or the price of a high end core , how ever most nodes are only that high near the very end ,so bring 15m when you only have a 5m upgrade leaves you with a big target that will get taken, to that end most players ( not all mind you) will just not by currency at all and just have there way up, it good that the player can do this but it means fewer credits being purchased and less money for trickster over all .

TheLurkingRage

Re: Blue currency

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Mchief wrote:Short and simple idea , make it so that any currency that you purchase with credits becomes blue and is not stealable , why

With the wide range of node costs it can carry between 100$ to 15,000,000.00$ and any one who looks at the buy currency page can tell that your best currency to credit ration is generally the 100% mark however late game your bank is usually quite high (round 15,000,000.00$) or the price of a high end core , how ever most nodes are only that high near the very end ,so bring 15m when you only have a 5m upgrade leaves you with a big target that will get taken, to that end most players ( not all mind you) will just not by currency at all and just have there way up, it good that the player can do this but it means fewer credits being purchased and less money for trickster over all .
Shoulda added "suggestion" to the tittle. Thought you were reporting a bug at first lol.
Honestly tho, reason why many don't buy credits is simply because they're broke AF lmao.
Someone purchases a "Better Not Ask" pack and they're called rich for example XD
I could see this result in more unbalance and unfairness in the game, especially for me here at endgame where I go up against many p2w players (acidwar, B@t$, RickBobby etc) and that'd only result in even less loot to go around and endgame at high rep is already dry as is.
This kinda sounds like a p2w feature. Kinda like a 9sec shield but for money. 9sec is questionable... it's relatively cheap and you don't need real life money to use the feature often, so I wouldn't consider it p2w.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Mchief

Post by Mchief » Fri May 25, 2018 8:06 pm

I any game where you can by X that can be used for more than just skin/effects is pay to win , the problem is that unlike most games you can't use X it directly purchase an upgrade only to purchase the resources for said upgrade and then to insta build /research it.

The problem at this point comes in on that "most" people know and don't have a problem with the whole you steal I steal economy of the game , the problem however shows up with the whole I pay money for credits and then turn them into X but I cant buy the amount I need for my upgrade ,I either have to by multiple smaller ones to get to the amount I need paying incredibly high ratio costs or buy the big 100%er but have a bunch left over which once stolen is a direct tangible loss to the player, which any one who is smart with there money will never do.

I guess as an alternative option just change the credit option on a build /research to include the resources needed if not present ( at the best credit to X ratio) .

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am

Mchief wrote:I guess as an alternative option just change the credit option on a build /research to include the resources needed if not present ( at the best credit to X ratio) .
That would be more appropriate.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage