Colored Text in readme

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
samgyeop

Colored Text in readme

Post by samgyeop » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:19 am

Is there a way to leave a different colored text once you hack the core? Besides the developers playing.

Alpha-Killer

Re: Colored Text in readme

Post by Alpha-Killer » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:53 am

Yes there is, but I don't want to spoil any of the fun of figuring it out. You can also leave messages in bold, underline, and italics. ;)
Alpha-Killer
Level 40+ 8-)
Happy Hacking!

Silken

Post by Silken » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:56 pm

@Alpha-Killer

I know how to bold, underline and italics. But the only colour change I can get is white from grey. Which stands out well enough.

Can you get different colours apart from white and the standard grey? I've tried the most obvious and it's not working. Care to PM a hint.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am

Another puzzle! :D
Silken wrote: I've tried the most obvious and it's not working. Care to PM a hint.
I've also tried what it obvious (to me anyways, I'm hardly knowledgeable on the subject) and would appreciate a step in the right direction :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:14 am

Luminaar wrote:Another puzzle! :D
Silken wrote: I've tried the most obvious and it's not working. Care to PM a hint.
I've also tried what it obvious (to me anyways, I'm hardly knowledgeable on the subject) and would appreciate a step in the right direction :)
Are you just stuck on the colours? Sometime a # and equals doesn't equal success. :D

If you need help with the rest. Everything you need is on the forums in one way or another.
Silken
Level - 54

anowlcalledjosh

Post by anowlcalledjosh » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:00 pm

I can confirm that it's possible to get arbitrarily coloured, as well as bold, italic and underlined, text.

Staven

Post by Staven » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:12 am

Silken wrote:Are you just stuck on the colours? Sometime a # and equals doesn't equal success. :D

If you need help with the rest. Everything you need is on the forums in one way or another.
And where might we find these pieces on the forums? I've done several searches and found nothing besides this thread that is unfortunately unhelpful.
IGN: Staven
Level: 22
Rep: 768
(Updated 10/24/16)

Silken

Post by Silken » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:58 am

Staven wrote:
Silken wrote:Are you just stuck on the colours? Sometime a # and equals doesn't equal success. :D

And where might we find these pieces on the forums? I've done several searches and found nothing besides this thread that is unfortunately unhelpful.
I don't want to give too much away, since if you don't automatically know it's quite fun guessing. It's not in a thread per se. But there are clues all over the place in the forum.

Who knows, you may be looking at one now.

:D
Silken
Level - 54

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:47 pm

That is indeed a Great clue!

As was the previous one regarding the colours tbh. Sometimes there's just too much information, ya know? ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

xiya

Post by xiya » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:32 pm

By the way, strikethroughs are possible as well