Stealth Rework (Idea)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
molchu

Stealth Rework (Idea)

Post by molchu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:57 am

Summary: [The network of a player will be divided in two different networks which perform different tasks (one defends from brute force hacks and one from stealth). The positioning of both networks is the SAME (I tried to make the stealth very similar to brute force, because i don't think people will be willing to make another network, plus may create a lot of glitches if the person does not create a stealth network). Each defensive node will have different tasks in stealth mode explained below:

Sentry = Will spread the antivirus as normal, but now upon gaining access of a node in stealth mode the attacker has a percentage chance of triggering a random generated puzzle (From now on I will refer to them as RGP). The antivirus does NOT delete the access of the hacker and the percentage chance is increased with upgrades.
Turret = Will now attack neighbouring nodes and remove access through a delay (the delay is reduced with level).

Scanner = This node will only work in stealth, however, it will also be installed in the brute force system. The scanner will now scan the programs that the attacker uses, and fill up a percentage bar. Upon hitting 100%, a puzzle will trigger, all of the defensive nodes that can trigger RGP will generate them with 100% efficiency. That means, they will generate a puzzle everytime. New levels increase the speed at which this bar fills up.

Black Ice = Will work the same way with the projectile, but now, after the projectile hits a neighbouring node that is accessed by the hacker, it will start spreading a reboot to the accessed nodes. The reboot will, after a delay, remove control from the hacker. After rebooting a node, it will spread to the neighbouring nodes with the reboot just as an antivirus of the sentry.

Code Gate = The code gates will, with a 100% chance, trigger a RGP. However, if the hacker fails a puzzle, a new one will be given for the completion untill the hacker passes. The wraith rework will be explained below.

The Core = Upon upgrading the core, the puzzle difficulty will be increased for the hacker. Upon reaching maximum level of the core, the defender may build and include his own levels of puzzles in the network.

The hacker has 3 minutes before the network is alerted, after which the hacker will become retraceable. If the hacker fails to gain control of the core, he will fail to modify the registry and logs of the server, in other words, if the hacker does NOT gain control of the core he will be retraceable.
New program ideas that might work well with this kind of changes:

Blocker = (alternative of ice wall to defend from black ice) After an instalation time which can be reduced with level, the blocker will install itself in the node, thus after reboot, the hacker will still have access of the node. Disallows the reboot to proceed by a line, however, the reboot may still function on the "lines" that were not affected by the blockerE.G:
---------XXXXXXX
\-----------------------------
where: X is the blocker and the nodes that will not be affected by the reboot
and - and \ are the directions in which the reboot goes.
That technically means that if you made some sort of a circle or a ring for the reboot to go through, you will need 2 blockers to protect what is left. ONLY 1 REBOOT WILL BE PROTECTED BY THE BLOCKER

Wraith (rework) = The wraith can use to remove the functionalities of a node. In the case of the Sentry, upon wraithing it, the sentry's antivirus will dissapear from every node. (Remember, that if you wraith a lower leveled sentry, no antivirus will be removed because it has been replaced by the higher leveled sentry. If you remove the higher level sentry, all of the antivirus will be removed, but the lower level sentry will start spreading it's own antivirus).

Portal = The portal will allow brute force attacks from the stealth end to enter the brute force layout. Upon succesfully installing a portal, the game will pause, along with the timer that is left. That means, that the portal will not refresh the timer, however, it will use the already existing timer from the stealth hack. Also, the antivirus will also be left the same. Upon installing a portal, you will be no longer able to go back.

Leech should work the same.

Now, some explanation on the Random Generated Puzzles:
These puzzles will not be learnable or exploitable, they will be random, and you will not know how or what you will get. These will most likely be reaction time based, each puzzle will have a limit of about 30 to 10 seconds of the completion depending on the core. However, if you manage to complete the puzzle before that, you are able to prematurely end it to save some time.
Upon failing a puzzle (except for the code gate one (i imagine the code gate puzzle to be a little more challenging)) the hack will end in a failure, and the retrace will be given to the defender unless you already hacked the core.]

Reason: [Right now the stealth hacks are pretty bland. You can already know whether you will fail or succeed a stealth hack by just taking a screenshot and studying the base with a calculator, after which making a 30-50 second stand out.

The stealth is supposed to be more calm, that you are able to think about your further steps in the hack and afterwards succeed. Not a test who has the higher level of stealth programs vs scanner.

In the current state, stealth is nowhere to be unique nor fun, it's just there to make some space.

Oh, and also, this suggestion removes the stealth possibility of wraithing code gates and then proceeding further unless you use a portal, to make it somewhat usable and very unique (NO REVERSE PORTAL BECAUSE THAT WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created this suggestion not in hopes that it will be added into the game, but because i legit had no spare time and just express some ideas. That is why i made it somewhat easier to read.

Why is this not going to be added? Because it will take a shit load of time. Hope you enjoyed reading it and imagining a better of hackers : D

TheLurkingRage

Re: Stealth Rework (Idea)

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:24 pm

:ICEWall:
We need this as an emoji for these long ass posts, which I am guilty of posting as well lol.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

molchu

Post by molchu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Icewall.png
Icewall.png (140.29 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:01 am

I just realized the Ice Wall in the picture is defending a netConnection, which is impossible to do in-game :mrgreen:
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

molchu

Post by molchu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:57 am

Wrong, it's defending an apple. Cause we all love apples.

Don't touch mine or I triple Ice Wall u

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 am

I like how what's being discussed is the ICE Wall and nothing about your "Stealth Rework Idea" :lol:
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Also, defending Apple? If you ask LadTy, Apple is the cause of the recent "Rotten Core" issues. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

molchu

Post by molchu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:01 pm

That's why you eat them before they cause any problems.