Idea: "Archives" Node

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
CerberusArc
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by CerberusArc » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:21 pm

I have read several comments on Google Play that people are annoyed at how long it takes to compile programs so they can play the game. I do agree that this is something of a problem. While waiting for things to train/build/compile/whatever is just a part of these games, most games allow you to have a pretty significant amount of offensive power stored so you can attack several targets before having to wait for more training. As the game stands now, You get about 5 minutes of play time and then 20+ minutes of downtime for all the programs you use to compile.

I understand the need to balance the number of programs you can deploy at once. Deploy too many, and defense would be busted.

Welcome my idea, the "archives" node. This node would allow you to store programs and would have a much larger capacity than the library. Say +50 programs per level of the node. You can choose to compile programs into the archive instead of the library. Compiling speed/cost would not need to be changed. This would simply allow players to bank more programs for later use. For example, they could set 3 or 4 hours of compiling at night and then have lots of programs to play with the next day. The player would the be able to move programs back and forth from the archive to the library. This would also allow some additional adjustment of programs for a given attack.

With this idea, offensive balance would be preserved. It would simply allow for players to have more playtime before having to wait and would bring the game more into line with similar strategy games in a good way. (That said, I love the unique aspects of this game, and I don't want it to become "too much" like all the cookiecutter basebuilding crap out there.

Feel free to comment.

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by Vnasty » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:50 pm

This is solved when you get a 2nd and 3rd library, with over 120+ programs, early game like many are rough. Get your grind on. Games been out a less than 2 weeks. More Action as you progress. I thought the same thing
After I got my 2nd library, I hack 3 times as much

User avatar
theintelligentboy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by theintelligentboy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:44 am

This looks like a cool idea.

Will be looking for a response from Trickster Arts. :)
Image

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by Vnasty » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:39 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:This looks like a cool idea.

Will be looking for a response from Trickster Arts. :)
Get a few more librarys, upgrade your evolver que up 100+ programs of your choice, go do some pushups, talk to a few honeys, come back and hack it out. I see no issues with the games current meta
This isnt a fps, game play is turtled for a reason. Its like a long chess game fighting over resources, rep, more like a rts vs anon opponents. Learn to bum hunt and exploit your targets weak build and play style.

Love this app. 5 stars

User avatar
theintelligentboy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by theintelligentboy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:11 am

Vnasty wrote:
theintelligentboy wrote:This looks like a cool idea.

Will be looking for a response from Trickster Arts. :)
Get a few more librarys, upgrade your evolver que up 100+ programs of your choice, go do some pushups, talk to a few honeys, come back and hack it out. I see no issues with the games current meta
This isnt a fps, game play is turtled for a reason. Its like a long chess game fighting over resources, rep, more like a rts vs anon opponents. Learn to bum hunt and exploit your targets weak build and play style.

Love this app. 5 stars
That's a brilliant solution. The prob is, to get 3 libraries, you might need Core level 6 worth $250000, don't you?

So you have to spend 250000+125000+64000+32000... just for Core upgrade, let alone essential defending upgrades. And this has to be done with such long awaiting. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Prochlub
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by Prochlub » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:18 pm

But the income amount gradually increases, it sure looks like a lot in the beginning but as you progress it gets easier and easier (farming more yourself + stealing more...)
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

CerberusArc
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by CerberusArc » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:55 am

As I have increased in level (now at core 7) I can see the point that it gets better. However, I would argue that it is only marginally better. As you increase in level your targets likewise increase in level, so it takes more programs to bring them down. You can store more programs, sure, but you also tend to use a lot more programs in attacks, so it evens out. I do feel like I have more to work with, but I still think the archive would be important to add without disrupting attack balance. I just don't see any negative to having more programs stored in this way. After all, more programs=more play time.

User avatar
Alpha-Killer
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:46 am

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by Alpha-Killer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:03 am

CerberusArc wrote: I just don't see any negative to having more programs stored in this way. After all, more programs=more play time.
One huge negative is that everybody's going to spend all their extra B-coins to store programs. That means less B-coins to steal, meaning less profitable hacks, meaning it's more difficult to progress in the game, and no B-coins means being unable to compile enough programs to hack. We'd all just be waiting on our mine, and spending the B-coins on storing programs as soon as we acquire enough. In my opinion, the "Archives" node is a careless example of impatience, and lack of judgement. It would ruin the entire balance of gameplay.
Alpha-Killer
Level 40+ 8-)
Happy Hacking!

samgyeop
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:19 am

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by samgyeop » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:13 am

I agree with alpha killer. This is just another way to abuse people from stealing b coins by storing them with the most expensive viruses and would also cause an even more shortage of b coins in attacks.

User avatar
theintelligentboy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Idea: "Archives" Node

Post by theintelligentboy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:48 am

Alpha-Killer wrote:
CerberusArc wrote: I just don't see any negative to having more programs stored in this way. After all, more programs=more play time.
One huge negative is that everybody's going to spend all their extra B-coins to store programs. That means less B-coins to steal, meaning less profitable hacks, meaning it's more difficult to progress in the game, and no B-coins means being unable to compile enough programs to hack. We'd all just be waiting on our mine, and spending the B-coins on storing programs as soon as we acquire enough. In my opinion, the "Archives" node is a careless example of impatience, and lack of judgement. It would ruin the entire balance of gameplay.
Didn't think of that, my bad. Already people tends to keep their B-Coins Mixer empty, the Archive would literally make impossible to get Coins from the hacks.

Excellent explanation, now I like how it is. :D
Image

Post Reply