World map

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Kenny

World map

Post by Kenny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:18 am

Hi,

Is possible do something with selection opponents on world map?
It's absolutly terrible for me last few days. After few refreshes I have still same peoples on map 3 of them is impossible for me to hack as they have level 70+ , one with level 56 which is also hard for me but not impossible, and sometimes 3-5 peoples with almost same level as I have and I can hack them.

thank you

Trickster
Site Admin

Re: World map

Post by Trickster » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:17 am

We implemented a system reducing chance for one player to be attacked too many times. This have a backfire, that it now has less players to choose from. You are very high in best hackers rank, but hopefully there will be more players up there soon.

samgyeop

Post by samgyeop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:17 pm

As I reached 1k rep, I realized a problem. There are not a lot of people up there, what should we do if all players that we search or online / have a shield? A shield last a minimum of 1 day and there are some people that are legit online and some players that are running a third party bot to have them online stay online (obvious) if all loot is frozen and not collected for many hours.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:26 pm

There is a 3 hour long limit - http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Tips
If you are online and playing, nobody can hack you. If you are playing continuously for more than 3 hours, others can connect to your network and you will be disconnected until their hack ends.

Matrixd

Post by Matrixd » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm having the opposite issue I think. Before the update I would put my phone up during work or whatever, and when I'd come back, I'd have at least 3-5/6 players show up on my security log. Literally nothing today. It's blank. The players I've hacked show up, but not receiving anything. I had my phone up for 4 hours at work, took a break and checked my network, empty. Charged my phone and checked 3 hours after that, still empty. I feel like I'm not showing up on other's world maps anymore.

1C3-Cr34m

Post by 1C3-Cr34m » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:11 am

Hi, I have a question.

What's the point of search in world map for opponents when 40-60% results are from people who are currently active? I'm just wasting gold, right?

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Not being able to hack the same person over again like mod said will backfire. Smaller player base at end game will be nasty later on. Without an influx of new players. The game will stall out be careful what you wish for in terms of updates and changes.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:28 pm

I'm in a similar position. Given the current amount of players at the higher end and the current search algorithm it is understandable, but being given the option to fight the likes of AlphaKiller and John at my relatively low level is pointless.

As Trickster says, there has to be a way to stop people getting "bullied" or hacked multiple times in a row. Likewise though, it would be nice if there was a little bit of give with the search finding the same players or players with shields. Having to refresh constantly makes it a lot more difficult to try and catch up with the top guys.

Picking people that are online isn't a major issue - they can always go offline/be online 3 hours. Maybe people with shields could be excluded all together from the search results though? Also, maybe a partial refund could be given (making the next search cheaper maybe?) when the search result produces a same target as the last search? Finally, extending the search at the lower end doesn't seem like a huge problem - program compile costs scale high enough that a lower level target isn't always an insta-click, as the rewards may not outweigh the costs.

Good discussion chaps :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.