Probable Feature: Cyber attack sequence

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
theintelligentboy

Probable Feature: Cyber attack sequence

Post by theintelligentboy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:19 pm

IMG_20161005_005015.jpg
IMG_20161005_005015.jpg (106.33 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Its known fact that Sentries are taken down first, then Black Ice followed by Turrets. I had to figure that out after exploring Hackers a bit.

Now when were PEEKING in a Network, we can tap on any node to see available hacking resources (locked, except netConnection). Surely Hackers has an algorithm by which it determines what to attack next. Now for the Network above, which Sentry would be targeted by the left Turret? :? That makes a confusion while planning.

But the algorithm knows that precisely. So wouldn't it be great if:

Tapping on a node should also show which adjacent node to attack first. Probably sequential numbers at the top of those nodes (1,2,3) would VISUALIZE that.

It would be helpful especially for beginners.You may make a response explaining what you think. :D

Shadowluigi777

Re: Probable Feature: Cyber attack sequence

Post by Shadowluigi777 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:58 pm

But then that would make building a really good defense really hard, it would also not work for kraken and battering ram, its also removes part of the skill ceiling on this game, if you know the algorithim for defense/ attack, you should be rewarded for knowing it. The develpoers have also said that they will change the targetting based on the research of the players, which says even they don't know the algorithim well, which.... would really hard to know which one will be targeted first. And think of the work we did at the wiki :( if you do that all da work will be all for naught :( aaaannnnndddd we still have cases where turret is before ICE so more reasons it wouldnt be a good idea

CerberusArc

Post by CerberusArc » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 pm

There are far too many variables for this idea to be accurately implemented, and many of those variables are affected by the player during the course of the attack.

I also agree that some things need to just figured out by the player or adapted to during the attack to keep a level of challenge and even surprise or uncertainty.

Bumbledolt

Post by Bumbledolt » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:50 am

Maybe i think there is a seperate thread for suggesting this instead of creating different threads you can suggest it there. :)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Bumbledolt wrote:Maybe i think there is a seperate thread for suggesting this instead of creating different threads you can suggest it there. :)
As you can see, this thread is a bit old. And all of a sudden, you guys finally responded.

BTW, can you please post it in the appropriate thread? :|

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:08 pm

CerberusArc wrote:There are far too many variables for this idea to be accurately implemented, and many of those variables are affected by the player during the course of the attack.

I also agree that some things need to just figured out by the player or adapted to during the attack to keep a level of challenge and even surprise or uncertainty.

This "surprise" results in a catastrophe when you're hacking someone who's 5 levels higher than you. ;)

Bumbledolt

Post by Bumbledolt » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:25 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:
Bumbledolt wrote:Maybe i think there is a seperate thread for suggesting this instead of creating different threads you can suggest it there. :)
As you can see, this thread is a bit old. And all of a sudden, you guys finally responded.

BTW, can you please post it in the appropriate thread? :|
Oh i see didn't saw the date.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
IGN-Bumbledolt
Level 21
Farming 0-200

CerberusArc

Post by CerberusArc » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:23 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:
This "surprise" results in a catastrophe when you're hacking someone who's 5 levels higher than you. ;)
Perhaps, but that is also part of the challenge. You would have to consider the variables of the attack as part of your strategy and plan for the possibilities. Disaster has only ever struck because of my mistakes. Sure, that has made me rage against the game and throw my phone, but in the end, I still had to admit it was my mistake. That's what makes the game so great.