Approaching a 3 month period with no updates

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
theintelligentboy

Re: Approaching a 3 month period with no updates

Post by theintelligentboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
theintelligentboy wrote:kinda abandoned Shurikens, Krakens.
What do you mean by that?
They're still useful in low levels, probably even in high levels. But that's because the system is messed up. For instance, the reason why Shurikens are powerful in higher levels against MinMaxer's network is because there ARE MinMaxers. If they didn't exist, the Shurikens, with such low strength would've been abandoned for good.

When the system is flawed, one issue just triggers several others, eventually messing it up.

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 am

theintelligentboy wrote:For instance, the reason why Shurikens are powerful in higher levels against MinMaxer's network is because there ARE MinMaxers. If they didn't exist, the Shurikens, with such low strength would've been abandoned for good.
I've no idea how you came to that conclusion, but it's quite the opposite. Shurikens are increasing in popularity among players because of how powerful and useful they are. They have no tie to minmaxers at all and the team never abandoned the program since they actually buffed it. I use both Beams and Shurikens - superior to Beam Cannons even when they're a couple of levels lower. I'd much rather have Shurikens 17 than Beam Cannons 21 if I had to chose, but I've both programs maxed out.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:16 am

Yeah I'm done with the game until the developers start paying attention to their own game again.
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:Like they care about the MinMaxing issue, the Rep issue, the imbalance of nodes, network level not corresponding to the Rep, kinda abandoned Shurikens, Krakens. :|

Yeah, they care about the game a lot, no doubt. :lol:
Of course they do. They've spent years developing this, and "abandoned Shurikens" are hardly going to be the cause ... well, anything really.

Some of the points are pretty moot - network level isn't supposed to correspond to Rep for example, and nodes are balanced at similar levels (players choose to over level certain nodes, of course higher level nodes are more powerful). Shurikens also got buffed by request, and I believe Kraken was the latest program to see an adjustment.

I'm also not personally convinced min maxing is an issue. No matter where you draw the lines, players will always find a way to push boundaries. Min max networks also aren't invulnerable - the next wave of meta-networks will most likely have ways to defeat these high-value targets.

As for Rep issues, there are two scenarios that spring to mind - super high rep, and super low level. As mentioned above, boundaries were put in place, and players have found ways to either push or break through them. :p What folks don't always consider is the effect that "fixing" these boundaries has on *every* aspect of the game, as they're so intently focussed on that one specific issue.

The team *do* care about every knock on effect of *every* addition to the game, and aren't going to implement something like - for example - removing the online shield to prevent players from remaining logged in. Just because it may "fix" the high rep issue doesn't make it a great option for everyone else. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.