Approaching a 3 month period with no updates

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Sibernetika

Approaching a 3 month period with no updates

Post by Sibernetika » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:51 pm

I know the team is working on another project but it's been a while since we had any form of feedback or any news from the team, other than the release of the game music, and removing rep requirements for skins, most likely to help fund the other project, there has been no updates or improvements or anything from the team, this is starting to look like an abandoned project and that I should rather wait for the next project before I spend more money, since this is getting very stale very fast, got hacked today and I wasn't phased, all threads are open and my blaster is ready for another upgrade but I'm really not that bothered unless the team starts showing some interest in their own game again
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Luminaar

Re: Approaching a 3 month period with no updates

Post by Luminaar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:01 am

Sibernetika wrote:removing rep requirements for skins
This was actually pushed for by myself, as it was suggested that players didn't like having both a reputation requirement and a credit cost for skins, and that the "barrier" for customisation was too high. Whether this was for better or worse, I couldn't say, but the intention was to just have it available for the anniversary and wasn't conceived as a cash grab. :o Like all things however - even undoing things - it takes time. :D Given the warm reception, this may actually stay in the game now, but contrary to popular belief, there was more to it than just setting the values to zero ;)
Sibernetika wrote:I'm really not that bothered unless the team starts showing some interest in their own game again
While some of that can be put down to being a small team, that doesn't mean that they aren't putting in the hours or have abandoned or lost interest Hackers however - far, far from it in fact. Hackers is, and will continue to be an "every time of day" project for the team in some form or another. Hackers doesn't stop at 5pm for the weekend and certainly doesn't care about 5am server overloads. For transparancy however, Matous did take a well needed break for a fortnight after 4 years of intense crunchtime.

I can also assure you that he does read every message on Facebook and the forums personally (including when he was on break ... :roll: ) and that Lada reads every suggestion and bug-report on Discord. :geek: They're still very much involved with Hackers behind the scenes, but not so much with messaging on here or on Discord or Facebook. The main reason for this is due to it being so time consuming, but also, in part, of how easy it is to post something unintentially misleading, or something that players can take away and run with. Developers in general absolutely love talking about the creative process, but don't have the luxury of "taking something back" that people and players, including myself to a certain extent, have when it comes to talking about the game.

What I can say is that they care about every single element of the game, no matter how small, and consider the effects of things from every conceivable player perspective. They do understand that things are far from perfect however, and that changes to the game and additional content isn't at the same pace as other games - they are truly more critical of the game than any other player could ever be. :P Progress is being made however, and resources have been spent in both planning out and implementing things for the future. Abandonment is simply not on the cards. :ugeek:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 am

Luminaar wrote: :o :D ;) :roll: :geek: :P :ugeek:
The smilies speak for themselves, people. :lol:
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:20 am

Luminaar wrote:The main reason for this is due to it being so time consuming, but also, in part, of how easy it is to post something unintentially misleading, or something that players can take away and run with. Developers in general absolutely love talking about the creative process, but don't have the luxury of "taking something back" that people and players, including myself to a certain extent, have when it comes to talking about the game.

What I can say is that they care about every single element of the game, no matter how small, and consider the effects of things from every conceivable player perspective. They do understand that things are far from perfect however, and that changes to the game and additional content isn't at the same pace as other games - they are truly more critical of the game than any other player could ever be. :P Progress is being made however, and resources have been spent in both planning out and implementing things for the future. Abandonment is simply not on the cards. :ugeek:
Did the team ever consider a founders program?

Something small where they can keep in contact with a group of people and let them know what is in the pipeline, for the sake of transparency

Also I'm not one if the people that complains when they do something for extra money.. They need it to develop so more power to them..

Would just like to see some interaction from the rest of the team no and then
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Sibernetika wrote:Did the team ever consider a founders program?
Not in the way that you're thinking. The majority of TA came *from* larger teams and the AAA gaming scene, and used the experience gained in top-tier development to found a smaller team.
TheLurkingRage wrote:The smilies speak for themselves, people. :lol:
Given the monotony of text and the lack of emotion involved, I do sometimes go overboard with 'em. ;) Did you know, I once had an email telling me *not* to use smilies? >.> I was also told not to say thank you all the time as it was seen as "harassment" ...
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:32 pm

Luminaar wrote:Given the monotony of text and the lack of emotion involved, I do sometimes go overboard with 'em. ;) Did you know, I once had an email telling me *not* to use smilies? >.> I was also told not to say thank you all the time as it was seen as "harassment" ...
:seal: How is thank you seeing as harassment? Also if the update to the skins was to allow for easy customization and it wasn't a quick money grab, you would've gotten rid of the credits requirement, be real now ;) I honestly don't like the rep requirement being set to 0 at all. You've devalued rep and the skins. Now everyone that was climbing to 3k rep or recently reached it for the skin are banging their heads on the wall because they wasted their time.

Inactive

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:28 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:Also if the update to the skins was to allow for easy customization and it wasn't a quick money grab, you would've gotten rid of the credits requirement
As mentioned, the original intention was for it to be a temporary, anniversary related event. It may still get reverted back. Also, it was myself that pushed for it as "something celebratory" for the year - I can tell you 100% that it wasn't my intention. :D
TheLurkingRage wrote::seal: How is thank you seeing as harassment?
I couldn't say ... maybe niceties are offensive? You can't please every type of person 100% of the time.

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Luminaar wrote: What I can say is that they care about every single element of the game, no matter how small
Like they care about the MinMaxing issue, the Rep issue, the imbalance of nodes, network level not corresponding to the Rep, kinda abandoned Shurikens, Krakens. :|

Yeah, they care about the game a lot, no doubt. :lol:

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Consider not investing too much unless the developer team comes up with an announcement.

You can feel that the game is dying gradually. :(

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:46 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:kinda abandoned Shurikens, Krakens.
What do you mean by that?

Inactive