Black Market

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
-[RECAP]-

Black Market

Post by -[RECAP]- » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:14 am

We got this Black market.
Sounds kinda freaky, expecting to see bad things in it.
Well, as I know, Black market is like a regular market, but it sells illegall items in it, or illegall transactions happen in it.
When a player sees the BLACK MARKET in the build menu... (Wow that's gonna be interesting! 8-) )
But when it enters it....just some themes, and a shield...
They are not illegall... Not at all...
Is theming illegal? No
Is hiring some guards illegall? Nope

It's not BLACK MARKET , it's More like... black market. :|

It should be richer in options and more BLACKISH.

This post is for discussion around how should Black market be improved, what options may be included and what services you suggest for offer.

Nice ideas and good opinions that get some votes, will be included in the second and third post.
Last edited by -[RECAP]- on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm Back...

-[RECAP]-

Re: Black Market

Idea #1 from -[RECAP]- : (ISP Bribe)
DELETED

Idea #2 from TheLurkingRage : (Perks)

OH and maybe some black market skins like red noob Cannons and green Shurikens for example, that would be badass and a nice way to bring in more profit to the game without turning it into an all out p2w game. I would purchase all the skins they decided to make. Maybe make the skins cost 2k credits or something...
OR actually, add perks to the skins. Like blue could mean less disk space required, red could mean lower compile cost, yellow could be faster compile time, green could mean yellow and blue are active (faster compile time + less disk space), purple could mean red and blue are active (lower compile cost + less disk space required). We could make unlocking skins require a rep goal such as Elite rank and a challenge such as reaching a set number of hacked nodes with that program at level 21 to unlock it so you can purchase them and combining skins would cost an extra 5k credits! THIS SOUNDS CrAZY and although kinda simple, a lot of fun for a change :D
Last edited by -[RECAP]- on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
I'm Back...

-[RECAP]-

[Reserved]
I'm Back...

SniperK

Post by SniperK » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 am

Anybody remembers me? ;)
:shock: Sorry if I've hacked you :shock: Wait no I'm not sorry at all 8-) You can hack me back

-[RECAP]-

Post by -[RECAP]- » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 am

SniperK wrote:Anybody remembers me? ;)
I do, you remember me?
;)
I'm Back...

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am

SniperK wrote:Anybody remembers me? ;)
I do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 am

-[RECAP]- wrote:Idea 1 from -[RECAP]- :
(ISP Bribe)
In the higher levels it's necessary to plan before attacking and to make units based on the situation. Most general purpose strategies may not work.
Compiling takes time from atleast 30 min to 2 hours or more, so if you find a Target and plan for that, but in the meantime someone else attacks the target or even worst, 2 persons or more do seccussfull attacks on target, nothing will be remained for you, and you spent a lot of time for that and a lot of cost.
There is not much chance to find another target that your special plan would also work on him/her.
So the player will Bribe the ISP, ISP will block other players from connecting to the target (shows under heavy load window) for 2 hours, if target user login, it also ends the ISP blocking, so either of these will end it.
Cool down: 8 hours (or less)
Only deployable once on a Target per day
Cost: 20 credits (more or less, discuss)
If you really need to set up a load out for a specific target, then your library space isn't big enough. You should be able to hack anyone with the same set up every time. Also if your compile times far exceed 30 minutes you're either up against tough networks or you're doing something wrong. With that said tho, I do like the idea of adding to the utility of the black market. I like the idea of calling dibs on a target, however I would prefer if it was capable of kicking them offline as if they were DDoS'd so you can hack them. It would cost at least 50 credits and you would only have a 5 minutes time frame to hack them - also anyone else can hack them during that time frame until they log back in. To make it more fair I would also add a feature that allows you to pay 50 credits to cut the Hacker's time short, with a minimum elapse time of a minute before you can log back in. Another idea is to be able to pay credits to search for a specific target regardless of rep or level range. This could also cost 50 credits per search, but you wouldn't be able to gain any rep from them. Finally a cloak of some sort that costs 25 credits and makes your next hack untraceable for 24 hours with a cool down time of 3 hours and a limit of 1 use per player a day. They can still hack you if they find you on search or if you hack them again the same day. So much potential with the black market, but I don't think TA has any plans to make this game any more p2w than it already is, even if it's barely p2w as is. OH and maybe some black market skins like red noob Cannons and green Shurikens for example, that would be badass and a nice way to bring in more profit to the game without turning it into an all out p2w game. I would purchase all the skins they decided to make. Maybe make the skins cost 2k credits or something...

Inactive

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 am

TheLurkingRage wrote:OH and maybe some black market skins like red noob Cannons and green Shurikens for example, that would be badass and a nice way to bring in more profit to the game without turning it into an all out p2w game. I would purchase all the skins they decided to make. Maybe make the skins cost 2k credits or something...
OR actually, add perks to the skins. Like blue could mean less disk space required, red could mean lower compile cost, yellow could be faster compile time, green could mean yellow and blue are active (faster compile time + less disk space), purple could mean red and blue are active (lower compile cost + less disk space required). We could make unlocking skins require a rep goal such as Elite rank and a challenge such as reaching a set number of hacked nodes with that program at level 21 to unlock it so you can purchase them and combining skins would cost an extra 5k credits! THIS SOUNDS CrAZY and although kinda simple, a lot of fun for a change :D

Inactive

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:59 am

One potential issue with Recap's idea: some people would try to exploit that system with alt accounts to keep their main account un-hackable. I'm sure a safeguard could be put in place.

Another issue is: why not just instant-compile your programs?
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

-[RECAP]-

Post by -[RECAP]- » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:25 am

TheLurkingRage wrote: If you really need to set up a load out for a specific target, then your library space isn't big enough. You should be able to hack anyone with the same set up every time. Also if your compile times far exceed 30 minutes you're either up against tough networks or you're doing something wrong. With that said tho, I do like the idea of adding to the utility of the black market. I like the idea of calling dibs on a target, however I would prefer if it was capable of kicking them offline as if they were DDoS'd so you can hack them. It would cost at least 50 credits and you would only have a 5 minutes time frame to hack them - also anyone else can hack them during that time frame until they log back in. To make it more fair I would also add a feature that allows you to pay 50 credits to cut the Hacker's time short, with a minimum elapse time of a minute before you can log back in. Another idea is to be able to pay credits to search for a specific target regardless of rep or level range. This could also cost 50 credits per search, but you wouldn't be able to gain any rep from them. Finally a cloak of some sort that costs 25 credits and makes your next hack untraceable for 24 hours with a cool down time of 3 hours and a limit of 1 use per player a day. They can still hack you if they find you on search or if you hack them again the same day. So much potential with the black market, but I don't think TA has any plans to make this game any more p2w than it already is, even if it's barely p2w as is. OH and maybe some black market skins like red noob Cannons and green Shurikens for example, that would be badass and a nice way to bring in more profit to the game without turning it into an all out p2w game. I would purchase all the skins they decided to make. Maybe make the skins cost 2k credits or something...
That's a nice idea.
Well your right, that was just a sample prototype, it is not complete and lacks something.
I'm Back...