Levelling and Search Issues

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Levelling and Search Issues

Post by Silken » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:41 pm

So firstly I didn't taken any screenshots, which I probably should have done.

My issue started yesterday when I reached a reputation of 750 at level 13.

Base Details:
Level 13
Core - Level 4
Turrets - Level 3 and 4
Black Ice - Level 2
Code - Level 2
Sentries - Level 5

Everything was fine, my searches were showing up between Level 11 and Level 17 and I was getting 3-4 reputation for a win and -15 for a lost. Then I hit some sort of fresh-hold at reputation 750 (which I know was very high for my level). First the lower levels started to look weird. They were level 11, but with core's two or three level higher than mine. With three turrets, two Code Gates and two Black Ice. These units were also levelled to a degree. i.e not level 1. Basically these bases looked more like level 15-16.

Then the searches only started to show levesl 3-7+ higher than me. Which I couldn't beat. OK so I thought I was basically too high in reputation. So I started to tank matches. However, I still had the same issue at 650, then 550 and 450. I had to tank to below 300 until the searches corrected.

Basically three issues.
- Bases were at one point showing up with what seemed like ridiculously low levels. Either this was incorrect or the weighting on Core's is not correct.

- I would have expected too still get bases just below or at my level, maybe only gaining 1-2 reputation but these then disappeared.

- I had to drop 300 reputation for the searches to correct itself. Somewhat disappointing, since I had got to third place in the UK.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Kolfman

Re: Levelling and Search Issues

Post by Kolfman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:51 am

I am a level thirteen and I had 250 prestige ... It isn't great but I hadn't lost a hack in a while either way. Then I started getting matched against 18 and even 20 level players? They have double my nodes and double the program space. Now I can't do anything at all either way. This needs to be fixed or up and coming players are simply going to quit.

HCX - DReaD

Re: Levelling and Search Issues

Post by HCX - DReaD » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:32 am

Kolfman wrote:I am a level thirteen and I had 250 prestige ... It isn't great but I hadn't lost a hack in a while either way. Then I started getting matched against 18 and even 20 level players? They have double my nodes and double the program space. Now I can't do anything at all either way. This needs to be fixed or up and coming players are simply going to quit.
You got matched with them because they have the same reputation range with yours. They intentionally lower their rep so they can nibbling on the lower level players while smirking evilly in the background. :mrgreen: