About Beam Cannon + ICE Walls

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Excellion

About Beam Cannon + ICE Walls

Post by Excellion » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello...

Well, as the title suggests, I think, TricksterArts SHOULD (I mean, literally, SHOULD) enforce new rules regarding the usage of Beam Cannon + ICE Wall

I understand that this is ONE of the main reasons as of why Hackers just keep losing players day by day. Seriously. No joke

From my observations, (Which are countless since I played Hackers) attackers just keep spamming Beam Cannon + ICE Wall thus, shredding ANY (I mean, literally, ANY) defenses EFFORTLESSLY, (I mean, literally, EFFORTLESSLY) rendering ANY (I mean, literally, ANY) defenses USELESS, (I mean, literally, USELESS) and making resouce gathering is somewhat, extremely difficult

I mean, take a look; 50+ Level 15+ Beam Cannon with 35+ Level 15+ ICE Walls wrecking havoc on ANYONE/ANY DEFENSES EFFORTLESSLY? ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS?

I understand as well that this topic might as well have been brought up and have been discussed before, but it seems that NO (I mean, literally NO) action has been taken as of now

And last but not least, please forgive me if my way of conveying this message is inappropriate. I'm just seeking justice for a fair play (I'm not saying that this Beam Cannon + ICE Wall combo is something that against anything) for everyone

Cheers mate!

Luminaar

Re: About Beam Cannon + ICE Walls

Post by Luminaar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 pm

While Beam Cannons and ICE Walls are the staple of many offensive loadouts, they are a far cry away from effortlessly walking all over any base.

Check out Lazorix's vid here. While not the exact same program levels, the end result would have been the same and conveys the point that Beams aren't the be and end all of network infiltration...
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

crack

Post by crack » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 am

I seem to agree with Excellion not in particular about he beams ice aspect but this section EFFORTLESS USELESS as programs tend to be well over powered and if u select the wrong ones which most do, no fault of their own it's a tough ride, also ARE U FRECKIN' SERIOUS ? Part too, finally this section 'justice for a fair play' thou I would have scored, highlighted, capped everything to this bit.

I could add much more but I can't be bothered lol.
Last edited by crack on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

scrougy

Post by scrougy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:24 am

later on? sure, but early to mid game? beams sadly slice through most defenses.

Mchief

Post by Mchief » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Against a lower level network or one not designed to stop beams , beams will slice through pretty fast, thought with the right setup and link controller they can be slowed down significantly.

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:39 am

By level 20 you can have a network that requires a more diverse program library than just over-leveled beams and ice walls.
Last edited by Hell_Diguner on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 am

If you're having Beam problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 ICE Walls and my Cannons won.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Excellion

Post by Excellion » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:53 am

Luminaar wrote:While Beam Cannons and ICE Walls are the staple of many offensive loadouts, they are a far cry away from effortlessly walking all over any base.

Check out Lazorix's vid here. While not the exact same program levels, the end result would have been the same and conveys the point that Beams aren't the be and end all of network infiltration...
I wonder what will happen if a High-Leveled Battering Ram gets a piece of that Code Gate there

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Excellion wrote:I wonder what will happen if a High-Leveled Battering Ram gets a piece of that Code Gate there
Obviously the gate's filter will go down (obviously). Point is that you literally (and I mean literally) can't hack any decent network with just Beam Cannons and ICE Walls. You literally have to be terrible nub (and I mean a literal scrub) at building networks in order for them to get hacked by only Beam Cannons and ICE Walls. If I understood correctly, he gave an example of a level xx player carrying level 15 Beam Cannons with level 15 ICE Walls and claimed they could literally (he meant literally) wreck havoc effortlessly on any network. He SERIOUSLY needs more experience in the game before making any absurd statements like that (seriously).

No action (and I SERIOUSLY mean literally NO) action needs to be taken regarding this issue as he's having defending against beam cannons because he simply lacks the experience. He might soon realize that you literally (and I mean LITERALLY) can't hack just about any network using only Beam Cannons and ICE Walls.

Just so you know, I SERIOUSLY (literally) only wrote my post this way to better get the point across, and meant NO (literally NO) offence to the OP, just having some fun creatively responding to threads (obviously). :)
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage