Question about programs

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Infinity97

Question about programs

Post by Infinity97 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Can be saved programs in profile or something like that. I would like to buy all in one click :D. Programs shopping is the most boring stuff in this game (for me :D).

Taczi

Re: Question about programs

Post by Taczi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:57 am

Agree.

Besides, this would make us spending coins faster, hence buying them more offten.

Consider it Trickster. :)

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Infinity97 wrote:Can be saved programs in profile or something like that. I would like to buy all in one click :D. Programs shopping is the most boring stuff in this game (for me :D).
Taczi wrote:Besides, this would make us spending coins faster, hence buying them more offten. Consider it Trickster. :)
I have an official response on this :)

"Regarding the auto-compiling of programs, this is not something we plan on adding in the near future. While we understand that many players use the same programs for each hack, we would like to encourage players to try different strategies to beat the different types of networks out there. Creating a way that automates this process would stagnate the learning process for players and would quickly result in boredom and a lack of engagement, which is not good for the game in the long term!"

That being said, should things change in the future, I have no doubt that the situation will be reviewed again. :) For now - sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Anraton

Post by Anraton » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:04 am

While I understand that attacks should be tailored according to the target network in my opinion there are 2 problems

1. Getting rid of programs I didn't use in the last attack doesn't refund .. -> loosing resources
2. Tailoring attacks to a target network takes about 20-40 minutes to compile programs (level 18 atm) .. it takes way to long to taylor an attack for a targeted network ...

Would be nice if there was the posibility to collect "compile time" while offline that can be used to speed up compiling without spending credits.

scrougy

Post by scrougy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 pm

or just "tag" who you tailored your attack.... i often forgot who it was i loaded up (luckily, not that bad that i bring shurikens for a beam-weak network or the otherway around, though, thats only a problem because the shuriken is more expensive......)

Anraton

Post by Anraton » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:29 am

Well ... even tagging doesn't help if your target spends most of his currency while you build your programs ...
that is, why building specific doesn't work on targets with much currency ....

EDIT:
Atm i am running a 2 part attack with 7 access and 5 Wraith to disable the important stuff befor I run the real hack (sentries > black ice > turrets) ... on 2 compiles at a time 5 wraith alone take 30 minutes on both and 1 with additional 15 ... "common" compile time is about 50 minutes for me atm....

EDIT2:
Even with only 4 Wraith compile times would be around 40-50 minutes ... way to long to compile an attack specific to a defence.
Last edited by Anraton on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

edita

Post by edita » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 pm

that would make us spend coins faster

Taczi

Post by Taczi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 am

I think above has proven that having dynamic sets is unlikaly to happen in this game (due to compile time).

Besides, there could be number of sets, so we would choose which one we wish to compile.

I think it would actually make the game less boring as clicking the same sequence every time after hack makes me sleepy.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Anraton wrote:Well ... even tagging doesn't help if your target spends most of his currency while you build your programs ...
that is, why building specific doesn't work on targets with much currency ....
This "imbalance" in compile times in the early stages of the game is more than made up for in the later stages. Unlike Brute Force programs, which are required in larger and larger numbers as networks get bigger and higher level, Stealth programs perform the same function regardless of level (only flucuating in how many you can use vs a scanner), and your compile times for 7 Access/5 Wraith will remain the same throughout the entire game. Pure Brute Force players however will have to spend increasingly larger times compiling multiple 10 minute Rams, 8 minute Shockers and 5 minute Protectors, not to mention the vast amount of additional ICE Walls and standard attacks.

The tactic you're using is certainly slower at the start, but if you're able to keep your Stealth levels high enough as you progress, you'll reap the benefit of that in the future as you're taking down bases in less time and MUCH less effort.

Compiling in this way also becomes exponentially easier once you have additional library space. I personally remember going through a "stealth phase", and would compile multiple excess Wraiths overnight, enabling attacks almost back to back hacks, and preventing the target from spending their resources!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Anraton

Post by Anraton » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Anyone with a library space of 90/180/270/360 using only brute force present and willing to share his/her "common" compile setup? (both count and level per used program)