Messed Up Search Algorithm

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
theintelligentboy

Re: Messed Up Search Algorithm

Postby theintelligentboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 am

WarIock wrote:It seems like everyone has only a limited and locked search range. Mine has been a steady -5 to +10 lvls. My rep fluctuates a lot and I am still below the listed ranking so I can't get a good estimate on rep range.

I believe if one has enough patience and cash, he can keep on attacking someone as long as he is within search range. This becomes easier and will become a problem when there are only a few people on that search pool.

I vote the lvl limit be removed.

Even if you consider the "smallest range" - the Top 100, one of them hacks you. There are still 98 people to hack you for 98 days.

Yet, that same person finds you, for the rest of your life. :P

happy days

Postby happy days » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 am

WarIock wrote:If the search is indeed lvl locked, perseverance's alt account and similar players will become #1 in reputation maxing out less than 1/10 of everything. Reputation is the rank measuring stick and should be the end game goal imo. If nothing changes, minmaxers would indeed be the ultimate build.

I don't agree that they'll become number one in the ranking
I agree to the 2nd point rep should be an end game goal
Disagree about min max, they will never reach the top, maybe in rank but only for a short period unless they just stay at same lvl

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:04 am

happy days wrote:
WarIock wrote:If the search is indeed lvl locked, perseverance's alt account and similar players will become #1 in reputation maxing out less than 1/10 of everything. Reputation is the rank measuring stick and should be the end game goal imo. If nothing changes, minmaxers would indeed be the ultimate build.

Disagree about min max, they will never reach the top, maybe in rank but only for a short period unless they just stay at same lvl

What do you consider for "Top"? Is it reputation, or level? ;)

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:08 pm

happy days wrote:

I don't agree that they'll become number one in the ranking
I agree to the 2nd point rep should be an end game goal

1. Perseverance has a farm alt... not a minmaxing smurf... I don't see why you included him as an example of players that will become #1 using a minmaxing smurf.

2. You don't have to disagree with minmaxers reaching the top, they already have :) Remember Muscles? He's a smurf and a minmaxer (most players on the leaderboards are too) and successfully held his position for some good time until he willingly dropped rep. To my knowledge, I'm the only player to have ever reached the top and successfully hold it without using those two exploits, but I could be wrong, as I started playing mid January and can only testify for anything after that. (btw by "hold it" I mean, that ever since I became #1, I've stayed at the top despite my rep fluctuating a lot, simply because of the large rep gap between me and the 2nd place player)
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:35 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:1. Perseverance has a farm alt... not a minmaxing smurf... I don't see why you included him as an example of players that will become #1 using a minmaxing smurf.

Sorry it was Nekostratia not perserverance. He was the one answering some questions in that topic and I mixed them both up.

TheLurkingRage wrote:Remember Muscles? He's a smurf and a minmaxer (most players on the leaderboards are too) and successfully held his position for some good time until he willingly dropped rep. To my knowledge, I'm the only player to have ever reached the top and successfully hold it without using those two exploits, but I could be wrong, as I started playing mid January and can only testify for anything after that. (btw by "hold it" I mean, that ever since I became #1, I've stayed at the top despite my rep fluctuating a lot, simply because of the large rep gap between me and the 2nd place player)

I thought minmaxer was a new thing. :lol: Here was my train of thought...
He might have to upgrade some other bits here and there until he hits the sweet spot of being able to easily hack most players on his search while keeping his lvl to minimum. I guess that's where the term "minmaxer" came from? Things would be fun for him until other players start doing the same then we will have a search pool in the game where a lot of people are minmaxers.
But it seems this has already happened. :lol:

I wonder what the search pool of that lvl 100 guy looks like...

happy days

Postby happy days » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Where is muscles now nowhere! & lurk u may not have use the 2 exploits but I bet u used the third.
Acid war will be top at some point unless he was a farmer at the start and has a float high lvl.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 am

Muscles quit the game for the lack of new content and Acidwar was already once at the top. Level doesn't matter much when talking about rep. As for the 3rd exploit that you think I'm using, well I don't even know what exploit you're referring to, but rest be assured that I don't use mods or 3rd party tools to somehow aid me in the game like many rumors claim :lol:
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

happy days

Postby happy days » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:41 am