Messed Up Search Algorithm

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
theintelligentboy

Messed Up Search Algorithm

Post by theintelligentboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Nothing descriptive to say, just see the Readme. This is happening for the last 30 days (probably more).

And still Trickster thinks their search algorithm is not malfunctioned. :P

WarIock

Re: Messed Up Search Algorithm

Post by WarIock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Can you be more descriptive? Only conclusive thing I can say about the readme is your attacker leaves the same message everytime he attacks you.

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:08 pm

WarIock wrote:Can you be more descriptive? Only conclusive thing I can say about the readme is your attacker leaves the same message everytime he attacks you.
Yeah, what's gonna piss anyone off is this guy (and only this guy) has been banging :) me everyday for the last 10 days. :(

What kind of search reveals you to the same guy repeatedly, everyday? :D

WarIock

Post by WarIock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:51 pm

It seems like everyone has only a limited and locked search range. Mine has been a steady -5 to +10 lvls. My rep fluctuates a lot and I am still below the listed ranking so I can't get a good estimate on rep range.

I believe if one has enough patience and cash, he can keep on attacking someone as long as he is within search range. This becomes easier and will become a problem when there are only a few people on that search pool.

I vote the lvl limit be removed.

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 pm

I would post a picture but I don't want to call anyone out. My security log has 3 people. 2 who tried to hack me and failed and the rest is one guy. In the past week he has rep dumped on me at least 100+ times. There is a mini war between us now where we rep dump each other every chance we get.

My point is that he can find me 10+ times an hour and I can do the same to him. He is quite literally on every other search I do, even if he's online, or even when I hack him.

Search algorithm is whack.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Call me biased, but I actually think this shows you have a decent network, and doesn't really say a great deal about the search algorithm. :P Players can be attacked pretty much every 3 hours. Networks are open targets to *anyone* in that time, yet you've consistantly got only guy getting through. :D

I see tons of networks where they've got messages from tons of different people - sure, some repeated, but they're spanked on a regular basis from all over the globe. :P Eventually I'd really like to see a "Number of times network viewed" stat. I'm sure things wouldn't seem so dire if you could see that your network has been viewed hundreds of times this week. The same guy getting through on a handful of occasions doesn't seem too bad in that case. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

WarIock

Post by WarIock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 pm

If the search is indeed lvl locked, perseverance's alt account and similar players will become #1 in reputation maxing out less than 1/10 of everything. Reputation is the rank measuring stick and should be the end game goal imo. If nothing changes, minmaxers would indeed be the ultimate build.

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:57 am

Luminaar wrote:The same guy getting through on a handful of occasions doesn't seem too bad in that case. :)
That (only) "3 hours" thing is not a GOLDEN RULE. As its proven to be insufficient, it needs to be tweaked.

The point is, let everyone hack me, no problem, just not from the same (freaking) ;) person again & again.

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:01 am

WarIock wrote:If the search is indeed lvl locked, perseverance's alt account and similar players will become #1 in reputation maxing out less than 1/10 of everything. Reputation is the rank measuring stick and should be the end game goal imo. If nothing changes, minmaxers would indeed be the ultimate build.
Agree with you.

That's the concern with Hackers now, there has to be some adjustments that prevents minmaxing, like forcing balanced node upgrades.

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:04 am

GamerNeo wrote:I would post a picture but I don't want to call anyone out. My security log has 3 people. 2 who tried to hack me and failed and the rest is one guy. In the past week he has rep dumped on me at least 100+ times. There is a mini war between us now where we rep dump each other every chance we get.

My point is that he can find me 10+ times an hour and I can do the same to him. He is quite literally on every other search I do, even if he's online, or even when I hack him.

Search algorithm is whack.
If its really 10 times - just within an hour, then that "3 hours protection" thing is questioned as well. :lol: