Reputation and Farming Advise Needed

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Reputation and Farming Advise Needed

Post by Silken » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:19 am

Hello

So just started the game a couple of days ago and need some advise. I'm level 12 with a reputation of 602. My Core is level 4. Other games have taught me not to level my core to quickly - i.e upgrade units to max then go up to the next core.

I've hit a bit of a roadblock in terms of B-Coins. Most of my searches come up against people with code gates and I don't have a blaster yet (I should have it today) so that's not really a problem. My questions stems around how the opponent search works.

Is the opponent search based on core level or reputation or level. i.e is my reputation too high for a level 12? Should I just level my core as quickly as possible?

Some good farming advise, especially for B-Coin would be appreciated.

Thanks
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Luminaar

Re: Reputation and Farming Advise Needed

Post by Luminaar » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:21 pm

From what I've observed, the search seems to give you a something close to 1 lower level, 1 low reputation, 1 similar level and reputation, 1 high level, and 1 higher reputation. Sometimes these cross over a little, ie: the guys way above your level also having higher rep etc.

I did a similar thing and hit a similar roadblock, having to wait out the Blaster once I hit tons of Code Gates. If I could do anything different, it would have been to get a second B-coin Mine when it came available instead of going for the Black Ice. Sounds like you're doing fantastic though - keep it up!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Trickster
Site Admin

Re: Reputation and Farming Advise Needed

Post by Trickster » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:36 pm

Silken wrote:My questions stems around how the opponent search works.
The search takes players somewhere around your level and reputation. Core lvl does not have an effect.