Page 1 of 4

Why people do this?

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:47 pm
by Bit
Hey.

I want ask you why people let their handy be active anytime in Hackers, that i cant attack him.

Thats not Fairplay, i think its a kind of Cheating.

Cheers
Bit

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:28 pm
by Stricks
its kind of a cheat, but there is no priority on fixing this, so bots are good apparently

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:55 pm
by Luminaar
Bit wrote:I cant attack him. Thats not Fairplay, i think its a kind of Cheating.
Stricks wrote:its kind of a cheat
Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, other people being online gathering resources at the same time that you're online trying to gather resources doesn't count as cheating. They're simply online playing the game ... same as yourself. :thumbsup:

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:32 am
by Bit
Luminaar wrote:
Bit wrote:I cant attack him. Thats not Fairplay, i think its a kind of Cheating.
Stricks wrote:its kind of a cheat
Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, other people being online gathering resources at the same time that you're online trying to gather resources doesn't count as cheating. They're simply online playing the game ... same as yourself. :thumbsup:
But him is 24/7 Online, cause Botting (found a exploit online , I hate people using Hacks/Exploits.)

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:34 am
by Too Much Scotty
Maybe he has 9sec protection activated (IMO)

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:12 pm
by Bit
Too Much Scotty wrote:Maybe he has 9sec protection activated (IMO)
It says the guy is Online, otherwise it would come "Russianname has activated 9Sec Protection."

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:16 pm
by Crack69
Retracing people should allow hacks to be performed even when they are online.
Maybe add just a penalty? Like 45 sec less to make the hack?

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:29 pm
by Luminaar
Bit wrote:But him is 24/7 Online, cause Botting (found a exploit online , I hate people using Hacks/Exploits.)
While I understand the frustration, no one has provided any evidence of botting. All that has been said is that "they're online 24/7" which ironically, someone else would have to be online 24/7 (thus calling themselves a cheater) to be able to prove.

We do take cheating and exploits seriously however, so if you could send me a PM, or a message to support@tricksterarts.com with the name of the network (no public shaming without proof please,) someone will spend time to check the network out. ;)
Crack69 wrote:Retracing people should allow hacks to be performed even when they are online.
Maybe add just a penalty? Like 45 sec less to make the hack?
Given the way the game sends and receives information, any sort of simultaneous hack where the defender is online would be open to resource abuse, regardless of time penalties or delays. Sorry!

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:38 am
by e1a00000
Luminaar wrote:
Bit wrote:But him is 24/7 Online, cause Botting (found a exploit online , I hate people using Hacks/Exploits.)
While I understand the frustration, no one has provided any evidence of botting. All that has been said is that "they're online 24/7" which ironically, someone else would have to be online 24/7 (thus calling themselves a cheater) to be able to prove.

We do take cheating and exploits seriously however, so if you could send me a PM, or a message to support@tricksterarts.com with the name of the network (no public shaming without proof please,) someone will spend time to check the network out. ;)
Crack69 wrote:Retracing people should allow hacks to be performed even when they are online.
Maybe add just a penalty? Like 45 sec less to make the hack?
Given the way the game sends and receives information, any sort of simultaneous hack where the defender is online would be open to resource abuse, regardless of time penalties or delays. Sorry!
I posted this on discord, but might as well quote you here.
Suggestion: cap online time to (12) hours a day. Over that and you can get hijacked freely, similar to our 3 hrs check. It is a reasonable number and prevents cheating completely.

Re: Why people do this?

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 pm
by Luminaar
e1a00000 wrote:I posted this on discord, but might as well quote you here.
Suggestion: cap online time to (12) hours a day. Over that and you can get hijacked freely, similar to our 3 hrs check. It is a reasonable number and prevents cheating completely.
Will get to Discord after the forums! Will add that suggestion now :)

Being online to prevent attacks really shouldn't be referred to as "cheating though" :P