New player.Help?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
DDOS
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 am

New player.Help?

Post by DDOS » Thu May 04, 2017 4:30 am

Okay,so I have been playing for 3 days,core level 4.
1.Code gate is way too OP.I spent 2 min on it with 3 worm programs.
2.Unclear instructions/tutorial
3.Campaign way too hard.
4.Do sentries do anything?
5.How to edit my base
6.Shuriekins need a buff

User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Re: New player.Help?

Post by PerseVerAnce » Thu May 04, 2017 6:53 am

DDOS wrote: 1.Code gate is way too OP.I spent 2 min on it with 3 worm programs.
You need either Blaster, Battering Ram, or high level Beam Cannons to go through it.
DDOS wrote: 2.Unclear instructions/tutorial
Anything you're confused about specifically?
DDOS wrote: 3.Campaign way too hard.
Ask for help in this board : viewforum.php?f=9
DDOS wrote: 4.Do sentries do anything?
Antivirus originate from Sentries and spread to other nodes. Any node with Antivirus fully installed attacks back with the antivirus, even if they're not security nodes. So it's very useful. Level it before all else.
DDOS wrote: 5.How to edit my base
Build (bottom right) > Rebuild (top left).

DDOS wrote: 6.Shuriekins need a buff
I disagree. You should provide well thought out arguments for this type of things.
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by e1a00000 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:05 am

Up here people are crying for a shuriken nerf lmao

Taiwei
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by Taiwei » Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 am

e1a00000 wrote:Up here people are crying for a shuriken nerf lmao
...
Shuriken is actually quite op in its ways too... They can be used to musk with attack priorities... Also if they attack two nodes at once, they are reducing the time to attack..
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

User avatar
Crack69
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by Crack69 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:57 am

Taiwei wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:Up here people are crying for a shuriken nerf lmao
...
Shuriken is actually quite op in its ways too... They can be used to musk with attack priorities... Also if they attack two nodes at once, they are reducing the time to attack..
True but they'll always need more protection since all nodes will keep attacking until captured. Beams reduce pressure on their node by quickly taking out nodes one at a time. Also this way you can quickly expand your attack to other nodes.
Also remember that the thing you'll be spending most of your bcoins will always be ice walls. The less ice walls you use in a hack the more coins you'll earn(since you won't need to spend as much to replace used ice walls)
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

User avatar
Crack69
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by Crack69 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:08 pm

DDOS wrote:Okay,so I have been playing for 3 days,core level 4.
1.Code gate is way too OP.I spent 2 min on it with 3 worm programs.
2.Unclear instructions/tutorial
3.Campaign way too hard.
4.Do sentries do anything?
5.How to edit my base
6.Shuriekins need a buff
1. use two blasters on each gate and they'll go down in no time
2. Which part?
3. Just focus on upgrading your programs properly. They'll go down eventually.
4. Sentries are ESSENTIAL for good def. Tip: keep one high lvl sentry and one-two at most lvl1 sentries to speed up av spread. Keep the high lvl one about halfway through your net.
5. Already answered.
6. They can hack multiple nodes at same time. If they were as strong as beams beams would be useless. It's up to you which attack style you use. Shurikens can bypass centipede stile choke points.
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by e1a00000 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:30 am

Crack69 wrote:
Taiwei wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:Up here people are crying for a shuriken nerf lmao
...
Shuriken is actually quite op in its ways too... They can be used to musk with attack priorities... Also if they attack two nodes at once, they are reducing the time to attack..
True but they'll always need more protection since all nodes will keep attacking until captured. Beams reduce pressure on their node by quickly taking out nodes one at a time. Also this way you can quickly expand your attack to other nodes.
Also remember that the thing you'll be spending most of your bcoins will always be ice walls. The less ice walls you use in a hack the more coins you'll earn(since you won't need to spend as much to replace used ice walls)
Theories m8. Shuriken is stupidly strong and fast. Also gl beaming down a gate 16+ on a guardian anti beam choke.

User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Re: New player.Help?

Post by PerseVerAnce » Wed May 10, 2017 3:00 am

Crack69 wrote:on since all nodes will keep attacking until captured. Beams reduce pressure on their node by quickly taking out nodes one at a time. Also this way you can quickly expand your attack to other nodes.
Also remember that the thing you'll be spending most of your bcoins will always be ice walls. The less ice walls you use in a hack the more coins you'll earn(since you won't need to spend as much to replace used ice walls)
I imagine that was the original idea.
However, Shuriken 21 does as much damage as Beam Cannon 20.
The damage of level x Shuriken is just level x - 1 Beam Cannon.

So as a result, Beams doesn't really reduce pressure all that much at all.
Add to the fact that the current meta usually forces Beams to attack a Code Gate while 2 weak nodes attack with just Antivirus, Shuriken actually ends up reducing pressure more than beams.
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

User avatar
Crack69
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by Crack69 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 am

e1a00000 wrote:
Crack69 wrote:
Taiwei wrote:
...
Shuriken is actually quite op in its ways too... They can be used to musk with attack priorities... Also if they attack two nodes at once, they are reducing the time to attack..
True but they'll always need more protection since all nodes will keep attacking until captured. Beams reduce pressure on their node by quickly taking out nodes one at a time. Also this way you can quickly expand your attack to other nodes.
Also remember that the thing you'll be spending most of your bcoins will always be ice walls. The less ice walls you use in a hack the more coins you'll earn(since you won't need to spend as much to replace used ice walls)
Theories m8. Shuriken is stupidly strong and fast. Also gl beaming down a gate 16+ on a guardian anti beam choke.
I just ram gates
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

User avatar
Crack69
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New player.Help?

Post by Crack69 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:
Crack69 wrote:on since all nodes will keep attacking until captured. Beams reduce pressure on their node by quickly taking out nodes one at a time. Also this way you can quickly expand your attack to other nodes.
Also remember that the thing you'll be spending most of your bcoins will always be ice walls. The less ice walls you use in a hack the more coins you'll earn(since you won't need to spend as much to replace used ice walls)
I imagine that was the original idea.
However, Shuriken 21 does as much damage as Beam Cannon 20.
The damage of level x Shuriken is just level x - 1 Beam Cannon.

So as a result, Beams doesn't really reduce pressure all that much at all.
Add to the fact that the current meta usually forces Beams to attack a Code Gate while 2 weak nodes attack with just Antivirus, Shuriken actually ends up reducing pressure more than beams.
This kinda make me wanna pass to shuriken...I'm on lvl 8 beam lvl 3 shuriken
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Post Reply