MONOLISK - Suggestions

Shiznitts

Re: MONOLISK - Suggestions -More Cards...

Post by Shiznitts » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 pm

I suggest more cards types.

I go into a long ramble so be prepared...

What if there were NPCs that can be ‘rescued’ to help fight or heal you... yadda yadda... or what if there were buildings (or alternative decorations) that took up multiple spaces but provided certain buffs or rewards or even enemy spawns... yadda yadda...
These NPCs and buildings could both be new card types with different rarities and values.

Another thing is messaging... no one can talk to anyone at all unless it’s through comments or signs... PMs or chat rooms would be great!

And how about some new heroes/maps/skills/equipment/creatures. I could easily come up with all this for free within a few days... but I don’t know how to do the technical side of anything. There’s currently no yellow or orange colors, and I know they’re ugly colors but one could be a “Plateau”, “Mineshaft”, and “Volcano” and the “Gunslinger” or something... you get it...
The other could be a “Shore”, “Ruins”, and “Jungle” and the “Valkyrie” or something... you get it... seriously these ideas would allow for a good number of new cards to be introduced, which allows for more variety, new things to do, and more $money$ to be spent. Just saying. Free ideas, all worthy of being updates. I love this game but I’ve seen it all... you know what I mean? Even the most creative of maps can only get so creative right now.

But if we got to climb an Orc Stronghold that had Huts that guarded and buffed Goblins and an Orc Shrine that further buffed the 6 Orc Guards and the Chieftain gathered around it...All to rescue the Priestess locked in her cage who can heal you if you manage to unlock it before they destroy you....giving you a few extra orbs for compensation... now that would be a different kinda map then the usual dungeon run with a fun little story written on signs.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Shiznitts wrote:I suggest more cards types. I go into a long ramble so be prepared...
We're used to long lists, don't worry!
Shiznitts wrote:What if there were NPCs...
NPC's are being considered for the future. :)
Shiznitts wrote:What if there were buildings (or alternative decorations) that took up multiple spaces but provided certain buffs or rewards or even enemy spawns...
Buildings have been considered previously. Both "taking up multiple spaces" and "height-related issues" are the main reasons this doesn't exist, at least for now. We do want to add bigger and badder stuff such as monsters in the future. Single space buffs/decorations are certainly a possibility, but enemy spawns are unlikely due to glory farming/killstreaking etc.
Shiznitts wrote:Another thing is messaging... no one can talk to anyone at all unless it’s through comments or signs...
This is intentional. Dealing with unwanted messages in Hackers already takes up a decent chunk of time - we'd rather spend this time on developing new stuff!
Shiznitts wrote:And how about some new heroes/maps/skills/equipment/creatures.
We've got tons of great ideas! The development, implementation, animation, programming and other technicals is time consuming, but if we substitute "heroes" for "subclasses", then we have all of them on the way!
Shiznitts wrote:But if we got to climb an Orc Stronghold [...] All to rescue the Priestess locked in her cage [...] now that would be a different kinda map then the usual dungeon run with a fun little story written on signs.
We hope you'll enjoy what we have in store for MONOLISK! We'll be adding new story creating tools in the very near future. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 am

Luminaar wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:49 pm
enemy spawns are unlikely due to glory farming/killstreaking etc.
But enemy spawns that aren't infinite and require you to "fill" the spawn up with your mobs wouldn't be a problem. An enemy spawn that you can destroy before it spawns all creatures it was filled up with would be cool. That way say, if it spawns mobs in order they were filled, and a boss mob is meant to show up at the end, you can destroy the spawn to prevent its appearance. This would certainly be cool. Kinda like Spider eggs, really lol.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 am
But enemy spawns that aren't infinite and require you to "fill" the spawn up with your mobs wouldn't be a problem. An enemy spawn that you can destroy before it spawns all creatures it was filled up with would be cool. That way say, if it spawns mobs in order they were filled, and a boss mob is meant to show up at the end, you can destroy the spawn to prevent its appearance. This would certainly be cool. Kinda like Spider eggs, really lol
I should've specified infinite spawners, as well as alternative units for spider farm replacements. They're too good of a meme now to taint it with the likes of Orc farms. :P

"Container-esqe" ideas were floated early on in the alpha - coffins that you place an undead in while giving it a buff, dirt mounds that you put insects in etc. Spider nests side-stepped the UI (and other) issues that came with some of the early ideas, but I personally hope to see some of the more cool and fun ideas implemented down the line. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Cassiopeia

Re: MONOLISK - Suggestions

Post by Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Suggestion:

Players should be able to give more stars for higher-level shards. Example: shards of level 30-40 players should be able to give up to four stars, and shards of level 40-50 players should be able to give them up to five stars, etc.

This would help with an issue have been noticing in the game: the top builders are often building a bunch of low-level shards of difficulty 1-9. Before it was an issue of farm shards. Now it's low-level shards because there are a lot more low-level or new players, those are the shards they will see. Thus, builders are incentivized to build the little shards and have no incentive to build things more difficult if they're going for stars. Having higher difficulty shards being worth more stars would incentivize builders to make them.

This can also help with a second issue in that there are just very few higher level shards in the game.

Suggestion #2:

In higher level shards, say level 50+, create a new mechanic where there is a very small chance for a legendary mod to drop for players. And it shows up shiny like in Diablo 3 or something. but players don't have to worry about picking it up it just auto-attaches to their account. And these mods would modify player equipment, but the player would have to attach it to that equipment. The modifications would be not status buffs but cool effects or something. Examples:

Mod 1:
If you kill five or more baddies at one time, your next attack on a BIG baddie deals 400% damage. Must be attached to an epic or higher weapon.

Mod 2:
If you were to die, instead teleport back to the beginning of the shard and regain half your health. 30 minute cool down. Must be attached to an epic or higher necklace.

Mod 3:
Your auto attacks have a 20% chance to cleave. Must be attached to an epic or higher melee weapon.

Mod 4:
You can use this weapon in your off hand. Must be attached to an epic or higher one handed melee weapon.

Mod 5:
You have a 5% chance to set fire to enemies around you when taking damage. Must be attached to an epic or higher tunic.

Mod 6:
You have a 5% chance to double-cast mage ability.

Mod 7:
You're damaging abilities have a 5% chance to cast a meteor of range 3 on target baddie.

Mod 8:
Your utility abilities also deals 10% weapon damage to enemies around you.

Mod 9:
Your healing abilities double your focus generation four five seconds.

... Stuff like that. And when they proc, your character can glow or something.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:44 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 pm
Players should be able to give more stars for higher-level shards ... builders are incentivized to build the little shards and have no incentive to build things more difficult if they're going for stars. Having higher difficulty shards being worth more stars would incentivize builders to make them.
Thanks for all the suggestions! I've highlighted the quote above to answer specifically.

While players are limited to giving 1-3 stars for Shards (and 1-5 for Campaigns) to maintain the "average out of X star" rating that is displayed, there's plenty of incentive to build (and maintain!) more difficult shards, as creators receive additional stars based on the amount given and the difficulty of the level itself.

Additional stars/multipliers are appled to the rating a player gives a shard, with higher difficulty shards having bigger bonuses. Level 10+ shards receive bonus stars, while level 20+ shards receive twice the number of stars and three times the amount if they're level 30+. This bonus also applies to campaigns!

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:05 am

MycroftHolmes wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am

- When browsing shards, a simple # completed/# attempts counter. If a user sees 0/0, it is a new shard (to them). If it is 3/3, they must like it. If it is 0/1, they can assume they didn't like it or it was too hard when they last tried. This could reduce a ton of load on the server because many shards won't be loaded up just to be quit as soon as they are recognized.
I tend to like most of the suggestions you make. For the one quoted above, I think I'd also like a way to "Favorite" shards I love, and then have a button dedicated to that. Most of the time, I just click the next button after finishing a shard, and the game picks one for me randomly. Sometimes I'd rather just play the ones I know I love all in a row.

MycroftHolmes

Post by MycroftHolmes » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:32 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:05 am

I tend to like most of the suggestions you make. For the one quoted above, I think I'd also like a way to "Favorite" shards I love, and then have a button dedicated to that. Most of the time, I just click the next button after finishing a shard, and the game picks one for me randomly. Sometimes I'd rather just play the ones I know I love all in a row.
Thanks! I think the devs do, too (at least one responded with a positive remark). Now it's just a matter of how much my ideas and the team's overall vision for this game overlap. For now, I am satisfied they are actively supporting it and promising content updates I can hardly wait for. After that, maybe some TLC to the UI and quality of life enhancements.
Author of:
  • Top Shards: The Dark Path, Warehouse District, The Bandits' Hideout
  • Campaign: Vetting the Initiate (25)
  • Campaign: Greatest Hits (21)

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Here is a list of all MELEE Character Type's ability to Heal, Negate Damage, and Mitigate Damage:

Warrior:
  • Heals:
    • Second Wind (Ability) | 10%
      Blood Rain (Ability) | makes minor health orbs
      Holy Heal (Ability) | 15%
  • Healing Boosts:
    • Blessed Gauntlets | 1%
      Holy Corona | 10%
      Blessed Steps | +30%
      Blessed Sight | 20% chance to reset a Paladin ability on use (all Paladin abilities heal or mitigate damage)
  • Damage Mitigation:
    • Hope (Ability) | 40% damage reduction
  • Damage Negation (via Stun):
    • Light Surge (Ability) | 100% AOE stun
      Red Knight's Fall | stuns last 1-sec longer
      Red Knight's Bane | 15% stun chance
      Red Knight's Glory | 100% stun chance when picking up a health orb
      Red Knight's Valor | 5% stun chance & 50% health orb drop chance to stunned enemies killed
      Red Knight's Pride | 15% stun chance

Shadow:
  • Heals:
    • Lifetaker's Shoulders | Leeches an "unknown" amount of HP from up to 3 nearby living enemies whenever you kill an enemy
  • Healing Boosts:
    • Backstabber | 20% chance to drop a health orb on kill
      Lifetaker's Mail | 25% chance to drop a health orb when killing Blinded enemies
  • Damage Negation:
    • Decoy (Ability) | taunts enemies; doesn't live long; short charge time
      • This is buggy as your character will often auto-switch targets, causing you to run into more enemies than desired.
  • Blind Mitigation (-50% damage taken):
    • Blinding Dust (Ability) | 100% blind chance
      Smoke Grenade (Ability) | 100% blind chance
  • Dodge Mitigation (-50% damage taken):
    • Wind-woven Robe | 10% dodge & a 100% dodge chance mechanic
      Wind-plaited Hat | 10% dodge
      Wind-woven Bands | 10% dodge

Artificer:
  • Heals:
    NOTHING
  • Damage Mitigation:
    • Dart-proof Pavise | 15% ranged-damage reduction
      Assemble Ballista | taunts enemies; short charge time
      Assemble Mortar | taunts enemies; doesn't live long
      Lesser Reaver | taunts enemies; doesn't live long
      "More Health" | in a way, this is supposed to act as compensation for a lack of access to healing ... about 1,700 more hp.
  • Stun Negation (via Stun):
    • Mecha Enhancers | 100% stun chance to enemies near a mech that dies

~~~

In high-level shards, it becomes very clear that direct Healing and damage Negation mechanics are far superior to damage Mitigation mechanics.

Warriors:
  • Can still handle many high-level shards because they have 3 ways to direct heal and their access to damage negation stuns are many.
    I think they are in a good place at the moment.
Shadow:
  • Struggles to do well in high-level shards because their only heal is dependent on "killing and enemy" while "near other enemies".
    While they have a good amount of damage mitigation abilities/items, taking 50% damage is a lot worse than taking 0% damage.
    It seems like it may be possible to take 0 damage from an attack that you dodged from a blinded enemy, but I'm not positive damage reduction stacks like that--and, good luck blinding all of those ranged enemies!
    The lack of a better direct heal makes it particularly difficult for them to survive Black and Red shards (Purple Bottles, Volatile Cadavers, Mortars, Flame Tanks, Skeletal Giants en masse).
    • Suggestions:
      • Make Dodge reduce damage by 100%. You are dodging after all, not deflecting.
        Make Blind reduce damage by 75%.
        Give Shadow a direct heal ability.
        Give Shadow an indirect heal item or ability, like:
        • Something that heals them when they dodge.
          Something that heals them for however many enemies they blind.
        Fix Decoy so that:
        • 1) The character doesn't switch targets after using it, and
          2) Enemies don't switch back to the character until after the Decoy dies. Undread Giants notably turn back to the character after one hit on the Decoy.
Artificer:
  • Struggles to do well in high-level shards because they have no direct heal and their damage negation is unreliable.
    Yes, you can get them to have a lot of HP, but it tends to be gone about halfway through a level 40 shard.
    The lack of a direct heal makes it particularly difficult for them to survive Black and Red shards (Purple Bottles, Volatile Cadavers, Mortars, Flame Tanks, Skeletal Giants en masse).
  • Suggestions:
    • Give Artificers a direct heal.
      Give Artificers an indirect heal, like:
      • Some ability to heal from Lesser Reaver, Unstable Exploder, Mortar, and Balista damage dealt.
        A delayed ability that heals them based on the amount of damage they took over X amount of time.
        Make Demonstorm leech life from enemies hit.
      Lower the Charge cost of Mortar (so that it can more reliably act as a damage negator, as Balista does)
      Make Fortify also shield the character

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:07 pm

Erric wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Profile stats are great, we want them and have them somewhere on our list. Will be implemented at some point 8-)
This would also be useful to developers track the viability of character types/builds by shard type. Like, if the data shows that Shadow and Artificer have a 30% shard completion rate on Black shards of X level, the developers would have some actionable evidence that those classes need tweaks. It can also be so specific as to show developers that This or That ability provides players with X%-higher/lower chance of completing certain shard types.