MONOLISK - Suggestions

Luminaar

Re: MONOLISK - Suggestions

Post by Luminaar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:02 am

Cybo222 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:52 pm
I am compelled to post here as you have been very responsive to my feedback on the play store which I appreciate! Are you familiar with Warcraft 3 custom maps? One idea is to have a few different map modes.
I could never commit enough time to WC3 or MOBAS for my liking, but I do have an appreciation for them! Seeing Helm's Deep in WC3 is impressive, and I enjoyed League enough to create a Monolisk Shard for Summoner's Rift. :)

Additional modes are on the way, and creating tools for a campaign mode is very high on the priority list!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Cybo222

Post by Cybo222 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:20 am

Please reduce the 7 day cooldown on map rewards to something more reasonable. 1 to 7 is a huge leap and has made the game much less fun for me. That is all, thank you.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:46 pm

Cybo222 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:20 am
Please reduce the 7 day cooldown on map rewards to something more reasonable. 1 to 7 is a huge leap and has made the game much less fun for me. That is all, thank you.
Hey. :) We understand that 1-7 is a sizeable jump, and that it may take folks a little time to get used to the new cooldown. It may seem a little extreme at the moment, but the change to 7 days will have an overall positive effects for both Heroes and Creators.

For heroes, increasing the cooldown to 7 days reduces the negative effects of grinding the same shards, such as "difficulty squishing" that happens on repeated shard wins and the "reduced rewards" that occur as a result of the difficulty reduction. For creators, we hope the change will encourage a much fairer distribution of stars across the huge number of creators we have.

For players that want to grind rewards, the "Play Next" button will quickly discover a new shard that has rewards available, and gets you back into the action much quicker than before! If players want to kick back and enjoy the levels and creators they're following, you can still play any of the shards you're following at any time.

There are hundreds of thousands of Shards that exist, and plenty of rewards to reap each week! If you find there are no more meaningful shards left for you to play, please let us know and we'll get this fixed for you. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

ethanking5

Post by ethanking5 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:50 pm

i love the game but feel it is lacking on monsters or the monsters are just generally weak. is their a way you could either add new creatures or just upgrade/ evolve current ones to make them tougher foes?

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:23 pm

ethanking5 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:50 pm
i love the game but feel it is lacking on monsters or the monsters are just generally weak. is their a way you could either add new creatures or just upgrade/ evolve current ones to make them tougher foes?
Adding upgrades/evolutions (where players can consume X copies of the same card to improve it) encourages a P2W dynamic, which is something we want to avoid. Since new iterations will still need designing/animating etc anyway, we'd rather just make new cards instead. :D New creatures are in development! :twisted:

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:22 am

Luminaar wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:23 pm
Adding upgrades/evolutions (where players can consume X copies of the same card to improve it) encourages a P2W dynamic, which is something we want to avoid.
How's that any different from consuming X duplicates of cards to craft a card you want? Sounds to me like that's not the real reason why such a thing wouldn't be implemented. The P2W feel is already there. Instead maybe then you can implement a system where your creatures level up... like as they kill/deal damage to players they level up. Like let's say your Reaver must deal 100 damage to reach level 1, then 1k damage to reach level 2 and so on, then you get a point each level to improve something like maybe the running/attack speed, hp, agro/attack range and such. You can make different skins for the same creature as it levels up like is the case in Hackers. You get more variety with just 1 mob. There, there's no P2W to rank up your mobs. You just have to play the game, build shards, and with time they'll level up.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:50 am

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:22 am
How's that any different from consuming X duplicates of cards to craft a card you want?
Crafting a card you want takes a small amount of similar rarity cards, and the created card is then "finished". Upgrades/evolutions require an ever larger amount of cards, potentially in the 1,000's. :P

Upgraded mob stats can spiral out of control pretty fast, especially when it comes to Hero potential and relative difficulty. Stats are intentionally capped/flat, although there may come a point where non-P2W level ups (such as damage dealt) could be viable, especially for minor adjustments. For now though, we'll stick to creating brand new content. :)

MycroftHolmes

Post by MycroftHolmes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 pm

- First, a simple chest tracker added to the player's HUD. We know a 50 shard can place 3 chests, 100 can be 5, etc. but not whether the creator hid a chest or just didn't place them all. Format would be (chests found) / (total chests placed)

- Allow creators to test their shard AS IF they were an actual player. What I mean by this is, as it is currently, a creator has to guess whether they have spaced mobs correctly to allow for kill streaks and other glory bonuses that do not display on test runs. This is vital info and should be displayed regardless of not actually granting the tester glory for running their own shard.

- Allow creators to select an optional objective when publishing a map, rather than the default "reach the portal". You wouldn't even have to "lock" the exit until the objective is completed. That is always the Primary, but allowing the creator to put an emphasis on a Secondary objective (other than kill all enemies) would go a long ways to creating a unique feel and purpose for every shard, and add a variety of goals for story arcs.

**Secondary objectves:

- Time attack: Chests no longer drop Orbs, but add 10-15 seconds to your countdown timer. Timer is fixed based on Shardstone size, and Creator must be able to clear before time expires. The start point and portal must be placed a minimum distance apart - scaling based on timer length - to minimize farming exploits. In addition to Orbs that enemies drop, reaching the exit before time expires grants a flat [(Shardstone value) / 10] Orbs.

- Strategist: The less equipment/skills you bring on this mission, the greater the reward. Orbs can only drop from enemies. Chests drop a fixed amount of Health/Charge orbs instead. The formula for the Orb bonus is calculated like this:
*00-09 Spirit, X = 5
*10-19 Spirit, X = 4
*20-29 Spirit, X = 3
*30-39 Spirit, X = 2
*40-50 Spirit, X = 1
(enemy orbs collected) * (X) = Final orb reward.
So, a Lv 30 player with an average weapon and one skill could earn 20 orbs from a run where just 4 orbs drop, and since Orbs are already tracked and the multiplier is set by the hero's build, the player can assess whether to risk dying for one more orb or just head for the exit as they go along.

- Find the Signs: Basically, if you find a sign, it is worth 1 Orb. If you find all the signs you earn a completion bonus: +1 for 50 shardstones, +2 for 100 shardstones, etc. As with Time attack, a Creator must be able to find all the Signs before publishing; and rather than the start/exit being spaced apart, each Sign cannot be placed within X tiles of another Sign. Signs must have text entered on them to count, and could provide hints on where to find another Sign. An additional sign tracker would be added in this mode.

I may add to this list as I gain experience with both the Creator and Hero aspects of Monolisk. My goal is to enhance everyone's enjoyment and add variety and longevity to the game, without requiring drastic changes to be made.
Author of:
  • Top Shards: The Dark Path, Warehouse District, The Bandits' Hideout
  • Campaign: Vetting the Initiate (25)
  • Campaign: Greatest Hits (21)

MycroftHolmes

Post by MycroftHolmes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am

One thing I feel everyone can benefit greatly from is more information, statistics, etc. in easily digestible format.

- Under My Shards, where it lists total stars rated / views. Next to these white numbers ought to be green numbers that show how many new stars / new views the shard has earned since the last time My Shards was accessed / last login, whichever is easiest to implement. Like a stock market report.

- Date, Orb, and Glory on comments (listed automatically like the user's class and level already is, not eating up character limit)

- When browsing shards, a simple # completed/# attempts counter. If a user sees 0/0, it is a new shard (to them). If it is 3/3, they must like it. If it is 0/1, they can assume they didn't like it or it was too hard when they last tried. This could reduce a ton of load on the server because many shards won't be loaded up just to be quit as soon as they are recognized.

- Based on the above item: a custom "Top 20" filter that sorts a user's most played shards, starting with 5/5 and going down to 2/3 before cutting off, for example. Place a button next to "Best for Me".

- A comprehensive stats page that tracks all sorts of information the game collects, such as total play time, average hours per day logged in, usage % of each hero, Orb/hour & / Glory/hour gained while logged in, total # quests completed, total # packs opened, cards pulled, cards dismantled, # of Kill Streaks and Multikills achieved by month & lifetime. I could go on.

- Reserved
Author of:
  • Top Shards: The Dark Path, Warehouse District, The Bandits' Hideout
  • Campaign: Vetting the Initiate (25)
  • Campaign: Greatest Hits (21)

Erric

Post by Erric » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Profile stats are great, we want them and have them somewhere on our list. Will be implemented at some point 8-)