- First, a simple chest tracker added to the player's HUD. We know a 50 shard can place 3 chests, 100 can be 5, etc. but not whether the creator hid a chest or just didn't place them all. Format would be (chests found) / (total chests placed)
- Allow creators to test their shard AS IF they were an actual player. What I mean by this is, as it is currently, a creator has to guess whether they have spaced mobs correctly to allow for kill streaks and other glory bonuses that do not display on test runs. This is vital info and should be displayed regardless of not actually granting the tester glory for running their own shard.
- Allow creators to select an optional objective when publishing a map, rather than the default "reach the portal". You wouldn't even have to "lock" the exit until the objective is completed. That is always the Primary, but allowing the creator to put an emphasis on a Secondary objective (other than kill all enemies) would go a long ways to creating a unique feel and purpose for every shard, and add a variety of goals for story arcs.
- Time attack: Chests no longer drop Orbs, but add 10-15 seconds to your countdown timer. Timer is fixed based on Shardstone size, and Creator must be able to clear before time expires. The start point and portal must be placed a minimum distance apart - scaling based on timer length - to minimize farming exploits. In addition to Orbs that enemies drop, reaching the exit before time expires grants a flat [(Shardstone value) / 10] Orbs.
- Strategist: The less equipment/skills you bring on this mission, the greater the reward. Orbs can only drop from enemies. Chests drop a fixed amount of Health/Charge orbs instead. The formula for the Orb bonus is calculated like this:
*00-09 Spirit, X = 5
*10-19 Spirit, X = 4
*20-29 Spirit, X = 3
*30-39 Spirit, X = 2
*40-50 Spirit, X = 1
(enemy orbs collected) * (X) = Final orb reward.
So, a Lv 30 player with an average weapon and one skill could earn 20 orbs from a run where just 4 orbs drop, and since Orbs are already tracked and the multiplier is set by the hero's build, the player can assess whether to risk dying for one more orb or just head for the exit as they go along.
- Find the Signs: Basically, if you find a sign, it is worth 1 Orb. If you find all the signs you earn a completion bonus: +1 for 50 shardstones, +2 for 100 shardstones, etc. As with Time attack, a Creator must be able to find all the Signs before publishing; and rather than the start/exit being spaced apart, each Sign cannot be placed within X tiles of another Sign. Signs must have text entered on them to count, and could provide hints on where to find another Sign. An additional sign tracker would be added in this mode.
I may add to this list as I gain experience with both the Creator and Hero aspects of Monolisk. My goal is to enhance everyone's enjoyment and add variety and longevity to the game, without requiring drastic changes to be made.
- The Dark Path, One Way Out, Midship Mayhem
- Warehouse District, Waking the Fallen