MONOLISK - Announcements

Trickster
Site Admin

MONOLISK - Announcements

Post by Trickster » Tue May 28, 2019 5:48 am

New game is coming!

After more than 3 years of silent development we are insanely excited to show you what we at Trickster Arts have been working on! Check the trailer for our brand new fantasy action RPG game and sign up for BETA!

WEB: http://MONOLISK.net

youtu.be/kHDH_rlszrU

MONOLISK is a fantasy mobile ARPG where players clear dungeons (we call them “Shards”) with one of five customizable heroes, collect cards with loot, creatures and environments, then build their own Shards for other players to explore. MONOLISK is a world that was shattered into pieces and players have the opportunity to recreate it and fill it with their own stories.

TheLurkingRage

Re: MONOLISK - Beta Announcement

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue May 28, 2019 7:06 am

Looks dope; signed up and can't wait to play it!
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

molchu

Post by molchu » Wed May 29, 2019 2:01 am

I have an unpopular opinion about this project. Maybe it will change once I actually play it, but here go my 2 cents.

The game is blant and made for the wrong audience. Path of Exile is a great game which revived the diablo rpg genre. Tons of upgrade paths you can take and tons of levels, the game seems like a very good RPG and feels like something you are trying to achieve. The thing is that the game is on PC and not on mobile.

Now, mobile RPGs are very hard to make profitable. Monolith looks awesome in terms of stunning visuals, all of the mechanics seem awesome, but it all makes into a blant RPG for mobile. Mobile RPGs have never really taken off because of lack of control over the game as well as your character. It's hard to fit all of the buffs and debuffs on a small screen, if it's made too minimalistic and instead made with a drop down menu it will become very slow, and if not it will become too crippled. Just imagine playing World of Warcraft on a phone.

The cards instead of standart loot is an interesting mechanic which no RPG has ever done. This might be needed for mobile to make an easier interface but getting the cards you want will become really problematic after a while, and as with other RPGs I assume, the only way to be getting these is through grind (just imagine grinding an RPG on a small screen, I would find it uninteresting) or through sketch microtransactions as with most of mobile games. I was told this game will have lootboxes and I am all against this type of practice, even if it's just cosmetics.

RPG fans won't play the game because it's mobile, and mobile fans won't like sitting hours under their small screens for the loot.

TL DR I think mobile + RPG is not a good combination

If my assumptions about the game are wrong then please clarify them for me. Peace

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Wed May 29, 2019 8:47 am

molchu wrote: TL DR I think mobile + RPG is not a good combination
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll probably be playing this game on PC the most because I plan on making videos for it, and I've never played this type of game before, so personally I'm excited to give it a shot like I did with Hackers, and see how fun this turns out to be. I had no idea of what to do in Hackers when I started playing, so it wasn't much fun at first because I mostly farmed for resources to perform upgrades at first. The closest thing to it that I played before I ran into it were tower defense games, but it didn't stop me from continuing to play the game. I'm glad I persevered because I was able to see how much depth the game has than I previously thought, and ended up having a lot of fun and passion for the game - I suspect my experience with Monolisk will be similar in that regard.

I like the way Monolisk looks which is a HUGE plus for me because games of this kind tend to have outdated looking graphics that make them look like they were meant to run on a PS1 or something of that era, but this looks CLEAN, and I can't wait to explore everything there is in this game. Hackers grew on me over time and tbh I wouldn't mind if Monolisk did too and took some of my time away :P
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Erric

Post by Erric » Wed May 29, 2019 10:00 am

molchu wrote:TL DR I think mobile + RPG is not a good combination
It's a massive challenge for sure. Merging RPG+CCG+Dungeon builder and all that on Mobile is not an easy task - design, art or tech. We are not aming for Path of Exile complexity. Quite the oposite. I was trying to find a way how to simplify the genre of these complex games to be playable and enjoyable on mobile by (if it works) much wider audience. We are doing our best to succeed but hey, I don't deny it may fall flat :lol:
TheLurkingRage wrote:I like the way Monolisk looks
Thanks it took a LOT of iterations to get there. And some serious LadTy programming magic to have it running on current generation of devices.

DiegoLorran27

Post by DiegoLorran27 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:52 pm

How do I test?

Erric

Post by Erric » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:04 pm

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:37 pm

DiegoLorran27 wrote:How do I test?
As Erric mentioned, head on over to http://monolisk.net/ and tell us where to send the invite!

If you're wishing to sign up for the Android version, please use the email address for the Google Play account that you wish to use. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 am

Version 0.096 available
  • Hints and tips are now being presented during Shard's loading
  • New Shard indication instead of one star rating
  • Improved indication of leveling up when opening Card Packs
  • Editor - "Don't show this again" checkbox added to the instruction panel in Editor
  • Links to social channels in otherwise empty Options screen

Erric

Post by Erric » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:21 am

New MONOLISK version 0.099 is out on both Android and iOS!

Includes free starter cards, easy sharing of your profiles and shards more here:

* Shard share feature - you can share shards directly from the game on your favorite social channel or messanger and open shards directly in the game
* Invite feature in Profile - you can now simply invite friends to follow you in the game
* Starter cards system implemented - new players get 5 times a choice between 5 common cards to be able play characters and environments they want
* Best For Me search improved
* Most screens in menu remember the last opened "topic" you used (until long time of inactivity or app reset)
* Card type watermark added on cards visual
* New sounds in character select menu
* Crafting/shattering bugs fixed
* Minor UI fixes