Many sequent hacks by one attacker [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
iKOCTEP

Many sequent hacks by one attacker [RESOLVED]

Postby iKOCTEP » Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 am

During past month one attacker hacked me many times in a row.
Sometimes it could be 3-5 attacks during one day and 2-3 times one by one.
How could I do same thing? Or that is a buguser?

111.jpeg
111.jpeg (171.59 KiB) Viewed 294 times

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-19 at 09.39.28.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-19 at 09.39.28.jpeg (168.58 KiB) Viewed 294 times

iKOCTEP

Re: Many sequent hacks by one attacker

Postby iKOCTEP » Sun May 19, 2019 4:46 am

For info, I did not attack him.

Luminaar

Re: Many sequent hacks by one attacker

Postby Luminaar » Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 pm

iKOCTEP wrote:buguser?
Hey there. It's not a bug, just a common misconception that attacks work the same way in all games. :)

In Hackers, a player is prevented from showing up in a search result for 3 hours once they've been successfully attacked.
Players are able to be searched as a target on the World Map on the condition that:
a) they are offline
b) they are not under the protection of a 9SEC security shield and
c) 3 hours after passed since having been the victim of a successful hack.

Note that after 3 hours, players are not shielded from attacks completely - they are simply prevented from being found as a new target. A player is still able to be attacked by other players who have previously found them on a search (but haven't attacked them yet), as well as via a retrace.
iKOCTEP wrote:could I do same thing?
Yes! Because the system works the same way for everyone, it is possible for you to attack the same person multiple times too!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

iKOCTEP

Re: Many sequent hacks by one attacker [RESOLVED]

Postby iKOCTEP » Tue May 21, 2019 1:10 pm

But how could he attack me again and again???
Maximum number of attacks on a same player, that I reached, was 2 or 3 during all my game time (and no one of them were the same day)!!!
That one attacked me 7-9 times only in this month!
Today he attacked me again!

I suggest, that this player has an opportunity to search certain players as a target. It seems not a fairplay...

iKOCTEP

Postby iKOCTEP » Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 pm

And more. He attacks me only during my defence upgrade.
I mean, that it seems like if he checks my network daily and attack only when it is weak and full of money\bitcoins.
Please check his logs.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 21, 2019 11:42 pm

iKOCTEP wrote:But how could he attack me again and again / Maximum number of attacks on a same player, that I reached
It's not possible to reach a "Maximum number of attacks", as there is no limit to the number of attacks you can receive from a specific player.

The "3 hour search prevention after being the victim of a successful hack" indirectly limits the number of attacks you can receive in a 24 hour period.
iKOCTEP wrote:I suggest, that this player has an opportunity to search certain players as a target.
I can confirm that the player isn't able to search for specific targets. Given that you're not usually receiving attacks from the same player, there is a more likely scenario. :)

As mentioned above, when a player is available to be searched as a target using the criteria detailed in the previous post, they are able to be attacked by the first person that searches for them.

Because we don't report or keep track of networks that simply view and then disconnect from your network without attacking, what we do find is that some of the better networks get attacked by the same person repeatedly. It may not seem like it, but this is a positive sign!

A player is prevented from showing up in a search result for 3 hours once they've been attacked. The details you mention of them attacking 7-9 times this month equates to no more than once every 48 hours, far less often than the once every 3 hours scenario. The specific screenshot shows an 8 hour gap between attacks. This means that other people are able to attack you during the remaining 5 hours too, but chose not to!

The most likely scenario in this case is that other players are viewing your network and deciding not to attack, which has the effect of making it seem as though you're constantly being targeted by a single person. In reality, you're being scouted by tons more people - they're just not attacking you. This is usually a good sign that your network is stronger than average!

A weaker network would be attacked much more often, closer to once every 3 hours rather than the 8 hours you're experiencing. A weaker network would also have security logs which are much more varied, as lots of different players are keen to attack it.

With strong networks however, the number of unique attackers you receive drops down, as only stronger players are able to hack it successfully. This sometimes results in a player seemingly being "attacked by only this one person."
iKOCTEP wrote:He attacks me only during my defence upgrade.
This supports the reasoning provided above. If a player isn't attacking you while you're upgrading, your network is most likely too strong for them to attack otherwise!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Return to “BUG REPORTS”