Sound problems (CPU hungry) [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Alfatrion

Sound problems (CPU hungry) [RESOLVED]

Post by Alfatrion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:47 pm

I have trouble with the sound. And sound is nice to have, because this tells you when your ice-walls break. I'm having this problem, because I'm on a VM. I understand if this does not get solved.

The cause of this is that the game is very CPU hungry. My guess is that it is the traffic (lights) on the main map, and the triangles in the network that shift positions.

I think that there are two possible solutions. 1. The game could prioritize everything that is not CPU hungry. 2. The game could include a map without these moving object. Just a copy of the current default would do and then remove the moving background.

Luminaar

Re: Sound problems (CPU hungry)

Post by Luminaar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Alfatrion wrote:I have trouble with the sound. And sound is nice to have, because this tells you when your ice-walls break. I'm having this problem, because I'm on a VM. I understand if this does not get solved.
I can certainly suggest that a "plain" background be added for low power devices, if this would solve the issue. Since this runs on quite a few old devices without any major problems however, my initial thought is that something else rather than CPU usage may be the cause. (Ofc, it may still be a CPU thing as emulators have to work harder than a native device.)

What sound issues are you having specifically?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Alfatrion

Re: Sound problems (CPU hungry)

Post by Alfatrion » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 pm

I did not have this problem before, but something changed, I think I updated VirtualBox. VirtualBox is likely using software techniques to emulate.

There is nice. What I think is happening it that sound is broken up and that I can only hear a part. Very rarely the sound is fine, but usually there is a lot of noice. My guess is that some sound reach me, and other sound does not (IP/UDP?). So I should hear 1111111111111111, but I hear 1000100010001000 (1 = sound, 0 = no sound, x-as is time).

P.S. I'm getting a new smartphone.