I get hack but can't replay the hack [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Taiwei

Re: I get hack but can't replay the hack

Postby Taiwei » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:04 am

Luminaar wrote:
Crack69 wrote:
Mchief wrote:Ok , it's should be a thing that in order to hack some one they need to be the same version , it blacks out my ability to watch how I was hacked, it should black out hacking those who are a different version than you.

Okay that's just another thing to add to the search function. Now if only they started to work at it...
I believe the reason that having the same version is not enforced - and I'm sure this info is on the forum already, I just can't find it atm! - is to give people the opportunity to download the update when it's convenient for them, so it doesn't drain mobile data, if people have poor connections, or for if people just have 5 minutes to spare etc. Hopefully doing it this way creates more good things than bad. :)

This forum is getting bigger, even a veteran couldn't find a post lol. But you will be pleased luminaar look what I found!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=184

Yay!
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Taiwei wrote:This forum is getting bigger, even a veteran couldn't find a post lol. But you will be pleased luminaar look what I found!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=184

Yay!
Ahh, *that* was my problem - I was convinced it was LadTy that made the post, as he has been making all the Discord posts, my bad! Nice find! :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Crack69 wrote:As if a 10 MB download would take a year... :|
Of course not. Giving people the choice to do it at their convenience is much nicer than forcing an update when you just want to play though, right? :)

You know if it came down to getting hacked and losing nothing I would be fine, but considering that went fully hacked I loose 400,000~ it's a royal pain to not be able to see how they got it, that and I could now knowing this is not enforced, choose to not update next patch and then none of my targets could review my attacks.

Also this game updates are around 40mb in size should take less than a minute to download and install.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon May 08, 2017 5:30 pm

Mchief wrote:You know if it came down to getting hacked and losing nothing I would be fine, but considering that went fully hacked I loose 400,000~ it's a royal pain to not be able to see how they got it, that and I could now knowing this is not enforced, choose to not update next patch and then none of my targets could review my attacks.

Also this game updates are around 40mb in size should take less than a minute to download and install.
It's tough to find a right balance for everyone :) Updates usually are forced after a short period of time, but we still feel that it's important to let people choose when they update. It's usually worthwhile, as there are generally more buffs than nerfs, although we did learn from the previous Beam nerf scenario! It's understood that replays are an important feature and method of network review (it's why some of the smaller to fix things don't get implemented as soon as possible, due to them messing with the replayer), and aim to minimise the lack of replayer usage wherever possible.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

dooshbag

Postby dooshbag » Tue May 09, 2017 4:49 am

so i got attacked a few hours ago but the replay doesn't exist for some reason
when i was attacking some person with tons of money i was waiting for the resources to drain out with full control and core drained then my game crashed, i went back in all my programs that i used were gone i gained nothing and it counted as a loss plus there wasnt a replay what happened

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 09, 2017 7:40 pm

dooshbag wrote:so i got attacked a few hours ago but the replay doesn't exist for some reason
when i was attacking some person with tons of money i was waiting for the resources to drain out with full control and core drained then my game crashed, i went back in all my programs that i used were gone i gained nothing and it counted as a loss plus there wasnt a replay what happened
This is my understanding of how it works:

When an hack is initiated but not finished, (device crash, lost connection etc,) the game is unable to validate the "end result" of the hack with the server. When you log back in, everything is "as expected" with regards to your program usage and such, except the end result is missing. The game resolves this missing info by producing a hack log entry with no loot and as a loss, and with no complete replay information to feed back (as the info it has is incomplete.)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and correct me if I'm wrong!

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Luminaar wrote:
dooshbag wrote:so i got attacked a few hours ago but the replay doesn't exist for some reason
This is my understanding of how it works:

When an hack is initiated but not finished, (device crash, lost connection etc,) the game is unable to validate the "end result" of the hack with the server. When you log back in, everything is "as expected" with regards to your program usage and such, except the end result is missing. The game resolves this missing info by producing a hack log entry with no loot and as a loss, and with no complete replay information to feed back (as the info it has is incomplete.)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and correct me if I'm wrong!

Only trickster can correct you.. You definitely know more than us.
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Return to “BUG REPORTS”