Ai's not reviving issue [KNOWN ISSUE]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
A_Rescue_Cat

Ai's not reviving issue [KNOWN ISSUE]

Post by A_Rescue_Cat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 am

Hey guys I hope I'm posting in the correct forum, also first time posting. I'm having an issue with my AI programs including a level one hawk and a level 1 squid both of which will not complete their revive process. It's happened 4 times each now after paying the b-coin cost the hour count down starts and either I'll log off after sometime log back in to find them both unrevived, also I was not hacked during this time. Or I will go hack a network (without ai programs due to them still reviving) finish the hack successfully or unsuccessfully (have tried both to be sure) and both time after found both ai programs to not be reviving and require repayment. My initial payment wasn't reimbursed either like a lag issue. Any info would be helpful and if any info is still needed please let me know.
Again sorry if posting In the wrong area and for the long post!
My name is Cat, A_Rescue_Cat...

Luminaar

Re: Ai's not reviving issue [KNOWN ISSUE / IN PROGRESS]

Post by Luminaar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:35 am

A_Rescue_Cat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 am
I'm having an issue with my AI programs including a level one hawk and a level 1 squid both of which will not complete their revive process.
Post is perfectly detailed and in the right place. Thanks! :)

We are currently aware of an issue with the AIs, which is resulting in them not reviving correctly. :(
A_Rescue_Cat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 am
I will go hack a network ... finish the hack ... and found both ai programs to not be reviving. Any info would be helpful and if any info is still needed please let me know.
We believe this is related to a player performing a hack while the AI is reviving. From what we can tell, the AI program in progress is being negated once an outgoing hack occurs, due to the "reviving AI Program" part being zeroed during a hack. It's not as straight forward as it sounds, but that's the general gist of it.

Players have reported that reviving an AI without performing a hack, such as at the end of a session, will result in the AI being added. We are aware that this is not ideal solution, but it's the best one currently available!

We're aiming to get this fixed as soon as possible!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

A_Rescue_Cat

Re: Ai's not reviving issue [KNOWN ISSUE / IN PROGRESS]

Post by A_Rescue_Cat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:44 am

@Luminaar I keep running into you everywhere. Thanks again for the fast response! To add to what I wrote previously, I've had both ai programs now for around two weeks and up until roughly 3 or 4 days ago didn't experience this issue. Sorry I can't be more precise on the time frame. Hopefully that info helps. I'll try to revive this evening when I get home to my wifi and see if that helps until now I normally play on mobile data.

Luminaar

Re: Ai's not reviving issue [KNOWN ISSUE]

Post by Luminaar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:03 am

Thanks. We've checked out the code a few times without finding any errors, but given the not-so-rare occurrences of this we appreciate that there's *something* not right, most likely network/server communications related. There's no ETA for this, so I'll leave it as a Known Issue for now. We do still hope to get this resolved as quickly as we can! :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

A_Rescue_Cat

Post by A_Rescue_Cat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:20 am

Luminaar wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:03 am
Thanks. We've checked out the code a few times without finding any errors, but given the not-so-rare occurrences of this we appreciate that there's *something* not right, most likely network/server communications related. There's no ETA for this, so I'll leave it as a Known Issue for now. We do still hope to get this resolved as quickly as we can! :D
I agree with the network/server Hypothesis, after some testing on network and testing on Wi-Fi I noticed after an attack upon reconnecting to my Base >program Tab> ai tab there seems to be A slight delay In registering a selection if made to quickly then switched back to program tab. Only on network connection tho not wifi...
Not sure if that helps in any way, but to fix The issue on my end I simply wait about 3 to 5 Seconds before reviving or Compiling programs.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:08 am

A_Rescue_Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:20 am
Not sure if that helps in any way, but to fix The issue on my end I simply wait about 3 to 5 Seconds before reviving or Compiling programs.
Thanks for the additional solution offering! <3