Video link for credit restarts game [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
ciacovops

Video link for credit restarts game [RESOLVED]

Postby ciacovops » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 am

Whenever I click on watch video link for 5 credits,
The game restarts...having tried all enable,permission settings changes normal to correct issues..I request any suggested fixes available.

Luminaar

Re: Video link for credit restarts game

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 pm

ciacovops wrote:Whenever I click on watch video link for 5 credits,
The game restarts...having tried all enable,permission settings changes normal to correct issues..I request any suggested fixes available.
Hackers uses UnityAds to serve adverts, which don't show up on your device unless you are permitted to receive them, so it will not be a permission issue. Any chance it's a hardware/memory related issue (cache clearing and HD space)?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

ciacovops

Postby ciacovops » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:02 am

Luminaar wrote:
Hackers uses UnityAds to serve adverts, which don't show up on your device unless you are permitted to receive them, so it will not be a permission issue. Any chance it's a hardware/memory related issue (cache clearing and HD space)?

Plenty of memory,
No hardware issues that im aware of.
Casio c811 cell phone on verizon..

ciacovops

Postby ciacovops » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

ciacovops wrote:
Luminaar wrote:

Plenty of memory,
No hardware issues that im aware of.
Casio c811 cell phone on verizon..

It doesn't act like a crash ...just restarts game

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:35 pm

ciacovops wrote:It doesn't act like a crash ...just restarts game
Cheers for the extra info. A few more question, if you'd be so kind :)

Does clicking the Video restart the entire game (loading screen, logging in etc), or does it "black screen" then take you back to the World Map?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

ciacovops

Re: Video link for credit restarts game [IN PROGRESS]

Postby ciacovops » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 am

As to your additional info query,
Upon selecting the world map shortcut to watch video for credit,
Upon selecting, the widget..no issue..
When tapping the video link to watch...
Instant white screen,20 to 40 ns after...Black loading screen with game hint..and normal game reload....
Thats all the available information I have available for you.
Short of emulating on pc and debugging, that is..
But not really feasible at this time.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 pm

ciacovops wrote:Upon selecting the world map shortcut to watch video for credit,
Upon selecting, the widget..no issue..
When tapping the video link to watch...
Instant white screen,20 to 40 ns after...Black loading screen with game hint..and normal game reload....
That's great, thank you :) Usual cases of ads not displaying are:
- There is some sort of ad blocker on your device.
- Ads are switched off in device settings.
- The ad provider does not have an ad for your geo-location.
None of these seem applicable, since you're actually receiving the ad widget :P My understanding is that if ads are blocked or if no ad is available, the widget simply doesn't show - could be wrong though. The fact that the game is reloading afterwards is also a bit of a flag. I'll get someone to come and have a look at this. Sit tight!

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Luminaar wrote:My understanding is that if ads are blocked or if no ad is available, the widget simply doesn't show - could be wrong though.
(Thanks Trickster!) The Ergo media widget is displayed only if it looks like we have everything needed for the UnityAds service, enabling them to provide the advert. Unfortunately, there are still many other places where an issue could occur (device, ad provider, api, Unity themselves etc).

There's not much more I can suggest here, sorry! There's no obvious reason as to why an advert is inevitably not displayed. Thank you for the additional details. We'll keep an eye out for other reports that have there symptoms, and if anything is resolveable on our side, I'll ensure it's taken care of.

(Marking as resolved, as no further action can be taken by us at this time.)

Crack69

Re: Video link for credit restarts game [RESOLVED]

Postby Crack69 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Maybe make an "Acknowledged" marker? For when you haven't actually "resolved" anything ;)
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Luminaar

Re: Video link for credit restarts game [RESOLVED]

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Crack69 wrote:Maybe make an "Acknowledged" marker? For when you haven't actually "resolved" anything ;)
I did consider that, since I understand it looks like a cop out :P I don't want to flag it as a Known Issue, since it's a single unique case, or Ongoing since I don't forsee anything new being able to be added by myself in the near future. Yet Resolved isn't perfect either. :P

First world problems eh? ;)