Ideas for updates

Rules, news and updates
Ph03n1x

Ideas for updates

Post by Ph03n1x » Tue May 28, 2019 5:12 pm

Hello World

A new update I would love to see is penetration testing on your own network. Using only programs you have unlocked and the amount you are limited to. Also that you are not penalized for using your programs on your own metwork, meaning you would still keep the amount you have.

Any thoughts?

Luminaar

Re: Ideas for updates

Post by Luminaar » Tue May 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Ph03n1x wrote:A new update I would love to see is penetration testing on your own network. Thoughts?
This is a sought after request! If you'll excuse the copypasta from elsewhere, here's the response that was given to the question originally. :)
Testing your own network was very much considered, way back in the beta. Unfortunately, we found there were a few negative aspects to implementing this, including the risk of a highly refined defense which would discourage players from changing their network once it's tweaked to "perfection", and the fact that players would spend more time "attacking/testing" themselves than others!

To get the same or better results of testing your own network, we hope that players will engage with their friends to request a 'test hack' from each other by using the simulation feature. Not only does this method of testing result in not losing programs or resources, we also believe that other attacking players will find strengths/weaknesses in a base that a player wouldn't be able to detect themselves! In addition to that, we believe it's a lot more interesting, gameplay and entertainment wise, to view someone else attacking you and analyzing where things can be improved.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Ph03n1x

Re: Ideas for updates

Post by Ph03n1x » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Thank you for the reply! After reading I agree with you. Still love this game... looking forward to all new updates.