what's the reason behind this hack ?

Videos of your hacks or other Hackers related videos
iRS

what's the reason behind this hack ?

Post by iRS » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:43 am

he had high level viruses which cost alot. i don't see 1900 BC to be worthy of this attack and i didn't have money either nor high power rating and he didn't take all my nodes.

i watched this several times because it simply amazes me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXP9xgGpmR4

Luminaar

Re: what's the reason behind this hack ?

Post by Luminaar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:50 pm

Looks like he spent ~1150-1200 on programs, for a reasonable profit. A few mistakes were made aswell, so it could've been more profitable had it gone perfectly.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

iRS

Post by iRS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:46 am

1168 to be exactly and he got 787฿ profit.
at this level where upgrades cost 20000+฿ there is no logical reason behind hacking for ฿.
to get these upgrades you wither fill yout ฿ pool with credits or insta, build army with credits. wither way you need to spend credits to advance further in this game because you cannot simply have 9000+฿ and not get hacked by COUNTLES players until you have nothign left...

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:57 pm

You easily build up that many bcoins with stealth hacking. You can get about 16k in 1.5 hours targeting the right people and not letting the timer run out to hack you back.

iRS

Post by iRS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:44 pm

your level ?
viruses levels ?
did you count in this 1.5h the time required for viruses to compile ?

most resourceful bases have lvl 7-8 scanner and two 7+ gates which makes impossible to do that with lvl 2 acces and lvl 1 wraith.

i have 2 gates (lvl 6 and lvl 7) and lvl 7 scanner.
there were times when i had 12k bitcoins stored (approx 4k per succesful hack would the hacker get) and i was NEVER hacked like you say.

i would love a video of you doing such hacks :)

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:42 pm

lvl 27
0 rep
L4 Data Leech
L2 Access
90 Library Space

The compile time is nothing really for those two. Just ram your library with only them and start sucking the cash and coins. Some people's setups are so bad they have netcons going straight to bcoin mixers and databases!

I think a video would be pointless they all last less than 20 seconds! Even if it's like 450 bcoins you get if you only spend 90 on the virses you're sorted, rinse and repeat.

You were never hacked because you had decent security. A lot of people =<level 25 simply don't have good enough scanners. And sometimes you don't even need to go through more than 1 gate.

iRS

Post by iRS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:33 pm

got the lvl 2 access and 90 library space (going for core lvl 9 to build 3rd library but those databeses are quite a pain requiring 21kB for lvl 13) but i need 2 more levels for data leech (i need to wait for my evolver to finish upgrading to level 6 first).
i think that by the time i get those i could get from 900 rep to 0 :))

i will definitely try this strategy but i look at it to be more like an exploit than a real strategy which the developer intended to "promote" and it could be put down soon.

at the moment you progress through this game helped by people who do not know how to defend themselves (you leech them) but not by the ingeniosity of your own mind :(

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 am

I know right! Leech the noobs and they'll learn, I'm actually doing them a favour.
I would say it is in that respect quite ingenious :P
Don't get me wrong I got up to 900 rep but was just getting hammered and it became too difficult due to the low level of my programs.
But don't think it's safe at 0 rep, there are plenty of people who take my stuff too and if you're unlucky it can be costly searching for a viable target on the worldmap.

Also, I have no problem doing that at my level, once you get really high stuff gets a lot more difficult to farm, so I might as well leech to build my network of death first which will allow me to kick some bum bum at higher levels.

I only get a tiny amount per hack usually, but at 300% profit and at under 20 secs a hack, it's pretty useful and its not ruining noobs fun, they still have plenty of coins and money, I can only usually take one or the other.

It's also nice because you simply get more game time playing than if you compile a huge nuke of a session, hit someone hard then don't get to play until the next compile is done.

Waiting for my core 8 to finish then I can rake in the bcoins and get that compiler upgrade, then I'll go back to brute forcing, or maybe just get the portal and leech more hehehehe Wraiths take so long to make :( I don't use them at the moment just because of their lengthily compile time - and like I said, I enjoy playing the game for longer periods of time consecutively.

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja2wGV2I0-o
I included all the mistakes and fails - which had not have happened I would have been more profitable.
You'll notice on multiple occasions I don't spot the b-coin mixer because the virus icon is in the way - I'm feeling rushed so don't think to look lol.

iRS

Post by iRS » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:55 pm

dude, you are a gamesaver !
i got both of my databases upgrafing (42000B), 750k black ice, 1M scanner (lvl 8) and i have 52000B in storage waiting for a build thread to finish so i could build my lvl 3 compiler (got a 24h shield tho)
i did all this in two days !

some bases you do by stealth but some you do by brute force.
the thing is that at this rep (below 100) base's defense is not that greas as it is for a 900+ rep
i even got from a dude 8k bitcoins :))

i guess that i will wait a while longer in here :))

thus is my current setup
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B91hKo ... p=drivesdk

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 am

Oh look at you, I see you took a few bcoins off me too - tried to retrace and someones paying for 9sec! CHEEKY!
*sits in wait until 2:55pm today*