What it's really like playing hackers Core lvl 4

Videos of your hacks or other Hackers related videos
Barons

What it's really like playing hackers Core lvl 4

Post by Barons » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:17 am

Edit: The following doesn't accurately depicte game play once you reach core lvl 5. I highly recommend pushing to core 5 as soon as possible.

Hello,

I've watched many videos on this game and although they are very informative and entertaining they all seem to leave out one huge aspect of the gameplay. I'm not sure why this is, since the vast majority of your game time is spent playing this particular part of the game. As you will soon find out I'm a terrible video producer. Maybe the professionals who've made the other videos have a better grasp of what would be entertaining to their viewer's. I couldn't say since I have no viewers to ask. However I really like this game and I can see its potential.

I've decided to make a video of what it's really like playing hackers. It should give anyone not familiar with the game an accurate depiction of the game play and hopefully encourage others to support the development of new features and game mechanics that make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Disclaimer: This video was made by an amateur it's unlisted and only viewable from the link below. If you find it inappropriate simply delete this post.

youtu.be/SXuJaV2AGk8
Last edited by Barons on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prochlub

Re: What it's really like playing hackers

Post by Prochlub » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:13 am

Yeah I get what you mean in general, but it's not in any way comparable to MOBAs and other fully realtime streategies (where on the contrary to hackers/CoC, you have to spend a long periods of time, which was shown in the video). This tempo actually suits people like me way more.
Anyway as seen in the video, you have Core lvl4 and Compiler lvl1. Meaning you are at the verge when your compile time is the longest before you get a 2nd compiler thread (quite surprised that you did not start upgrading it yet, to compile 2 things at the same time).
And considering this, it's actually quite funny that your CoC army takes just a few minultes less, and there you even had the main part (all your potions) ready and trained only the basic troops.
Anyway, we shall see how other aspects develop with time, that's probably all from me.
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

Barons

Re: What it's really like playing hackers

Post by Barons » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:54 am

I'm not sure if it was changed recently but I can't upgrade the compiler until at least core lvl 5 since the b coin storage can't be upgraded past lvl 7 at core 4. I can hold 4k but I need 8k to upgrade it. It would be more fitting if the compiler said it needed core 5 like other nodes but possibly I could have chosen a 2nd b coin storage at some pont. I'm not familiar with the in's and out of the game yet.

As for the waiting on program compilation this is a very popular business model and maybe it's working great for enough players that development will continue far into the future. I'm just a 33 year old dude who likes to have a few beers and plug into a game for a few hours ever night. I get no enjoyment out of waiting and it doesn't encourage me to spend my money. I'm sure there is another way to implement the program compiler that generates more revenue and keeps players playing the game and investing in its further development.

If you have any suggestions on ways this can be accomplished please support my cause and post them here.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=256