Core lvl 10 layout

Best strategies of building your network
Findlerman

Re: Core lvl 10 layout

Post by Findlerman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:26 pm

brzytki wrote:
Hell_Diguner wrote:
brzytki wrote:Also, i'm not a fan of placing all 3 gates at front at levels 30-40 cause they can be easily wraithed and all their leveling up is for nothing then.
I keep seeing you say that, but what, then, would you do to keep people from Wraithing your first line of defense?
What i mean is keep 2 gates at the front and move the other one elsewhere. If you have a sufficiently high level scanner, linking your network like this: netCon-gate-gate-choke-something and linking said scanner to the second gate means you are protected unless someone has crazy high levels of stealth programs. Such a configuration would require 4x lvl 9 access and 3x lvl 6 wraith to barely manage to wraith that "something" after the choke point (4 seconds left on the visibility timer, not counting any delays). That's almost 2,3k Bt spent by the attacker on stealth alone, not even counting compiling time. And it's only with lvl 12 scanner, not that high for a lvl 44 player. If he had lvl 13 scanner, the attacker would need to have lvl 11 access and lvl 7 wraith. I'm level 43 and in a day or two will be upgrading mine to lvl 14 and i've seen people with higher leveled ones. What's more, i've only seen one person who had lvl 10 access a few levels back and the second person after him had lvl 6 access/4 wraith, still with access alone you wouldn't be able to get through it.

Plus with how the search system is working now, you get a lot fewer people lower level than you, meaning the OP won't be attacked that much by players higher level than him, so the threat of people having high level stealth programs is yet even smaller.

If portal is your concern, that's not a problem too. Max what people would manage would be portal on 2nd gate. You can move the core to the second gate to add some delay for the attacker or even inside the network. Also, not many people compile portal around lvl 40 and even fewer upgrade it. It's still better imo than to have all 3 gates wraithed which doesn't require high levels of stealth - you can manage this with as low as lvl 4 access and lvl 2 wraith with the setup OP has.
Hey brzytki. I appreciate your help a lot. My scanner is lvl 11 now. I'll upgrade to 12 soon. I'll try out your suggestions. I'll posty network after the change. Probably you can check if i've changed it the right way...takes an hour..

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Findlerman wrote:
brzytki wrote:
Hell_Diguner wrote: I keep seeing you say that, but what, then, would you do to keep people from Wraithing your first line of defense?
What i mean is keep 2 gates at the front and move the other one elsewhere.
Alright what about that?:
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG (87.61 KiB) Viewed 2101 times

brzytki

Post by brzytki » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Findlerman wrote:
Findlerman wrote:
brzytki wrote: What i mean is keep 2 gates at the front and move the other one elsewhere.
IMG_0291.JPG
That looks good but need some improvements still. Biggest issue is that you don't fully take advantage of the 9 node distance. Look at your 3rd gate, the databases are 8th nodes instead of 9th. It's easily fixed by placing that lvl 1 guardian after the gate and linking all your high level databases/mixers to it. One guardian behind the core and compiler won't do as much for you compared to this setup, especially when you have a high lvl sentry (17).

Linking 2 low level nodes can be dangerous. The attacker might just skip the Black ICE's area completely by using shurikens if he thinks he can easily secure that mixer. Even if he won't use a shocker on the scanner, he only has to watch out for AV for 5 seconds because that's the delay BI have at the start. That means he'll have more time to get to your storages. It might be wise then to leave one of your storages in that area to force the attacker to conquer it. Just remember to place it at the far end.

I thought your scanner was lvl 12, it's hard to discern the levels of nodes in those attached pictures. If it's lower then you should upgrade it asap. Funny thing that after i posted my last reply here, i was hacked by a guy 5 levels higher than me who had lvl 10 access and lvl 10 wraith and lost $2mil... Though even if i had 3 gates at the front he'd still hacked me easily.

Anyway, my advice is experiment. Try a few layouts to find out which would suit you best.

Findlerman

Post by Findlerman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 am

brzytki wrote:
Findlerman wrote:
Findlerman wrote:
IMG_0291.JPG
That looks good but need some improvements still. Biggest issue is that you don't fully take advantage of the 9 node distance. Look at your 3rd gate, the databases are 8th nodes instead of 9th. It's easily fixed by placing that lvl 1 guardian after the gate and linking all your high level databases/mixers to it. One guardian behind the core and compiler won't do as much for you compared to this setup, especially when you have a high lvl sentry (17).

Linking 2 low level nodes can be dangerous. The attacker might just skip the Black ICE's area completely by using shurikens if he thinks he can easily secure that mixer. Even if he won't use a shocker on the scanner, he only has to watch out for AV for 5 seconds because that's the delay BI have at the start. That means he'll have more time to get to your storages. It might be wise then to leave one of your storages in that area to force the attacker to conquer it. Just remember to place it at the far end.

I thought your scanner was lvl 12, it's hard to discern the levels of nodes in those attached pictures. If it's lower then you should upgrade it asap. Funny thing that after i posted my last reply here, i was hacked by a guy 5 levels higher than me who had lvl 10 access and lvl 10 wraith and lost $2mil... Though even if i had 3 gates at the front he'd still hacked me easily.

Anyway, my advice is experiment. Try a few layouts to find out which would suit you best.
You're totally right! I canged again....but now the bc's are not that save
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG (105.98 KiB) Viewed 2089 times